Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
High resolution colour jpg of countdown backdrop and audience (with or without artist)

Hi there,

I am desperately trying to find a colour high resolution picture of the countdown studios with or without an artist performing. It must feature the countdown logo lights. My plan is to enlarge it to a wall size poster for the 80s room I am creating. Can anyone out there please assist? I found a good one on the countdown memories site on page 84 of the 1979 annual but it is too small. The annuals and magazines are so rare that I need an original high resolution scan.

Cheers

Shannon

Re: High resolution colour jpg of countdown backdrop and audience (with or without artist)

Hi Shannon
I have about 360 photos taken in the studio of performances and artists being interviewed, some may suit your project although many don't have the Countdown in the background. Here are some of the better ones featuring:
Divinyls
 photo Countdown_0034_zps1d68233e.jpg
Tears For Fears
 photo Countdown_0068_zpsc4278aac.jpg
Australian Crawl
 photo Countdown_0122_zpsacfb331f.jpg
Pseudo Echo
 photo Countdown_0137_zps075effae.jpg
Village People
 photo Countdown_0140_zpsb45d7809.jpg
I'm Talking
 photo Countdown_0168_zpsc2a40545.jpg
Geisha
 photo Countdown_0179_zps353795af.jpg
Kids In The Kitchen
 photo Countdown_0197_zpsff3b87d6.jpg

photo Countdown_0243_zpsabb79b4e.jpg
Skyhooks
 photo Countdown_0245_zps4ec362f4.jpg
Sherbet
 photo Countdown_0258_zps0d65dba4.jpg
Sherbet
 photo Countdown_0260_zps5785034f.jpg
Sandii & The Sunsetz
 photo Countdown_0267_zpsb7af7e4a.jpg
Culture Club
 photo Countdown_0279_zps3189b3df.jpg
a-ha
 photo Countdown_0324_zps3bdbf18a.jpg
Adam & The Ants
 photo Countdown_0357_zpsf4e00d0b.jpg

Re: High resolution colour jpg of countdown backdrop and audience (with or without artist)

Hey Guru, where did you get these photos from?

Thanks Guru Bob your photos look incredible. Sadly, I have run into some copyright issues ith the printer so will have to postpone my project for a little while. Maybe I could do a countdown collage. Will be in tuch and thankyou for your reply.

Cheers Shannon

WOW Guru,

The Sandii one xoxoxoxo I recognise some of there. Are they from the now deleted countdown offocial website? I saved A LOT of their photos before they went

Jason 'The Moderator'
WOW Guru,

The Sandii one xoxoxoxo I recognise some of these. Are they from the now deleted countdown official website? I saved A LOT of their photos before they went

I was given a disc once about 10 years ago with 360 images on it. I believe the images are all from the ABC archives so I wouldn't be surprised if they had featured on one of their sites.

Not all the photos are that good and there are numerous ones of the same artists taken within a few seconds of each other such as Angry Anderson and Joe Cocker hosting has about 15 different photos that are all very similar but overall it is an interesting collection.