Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Madonna, Molly and myths

Thanks for the interesting info Nathan, much appreciated.

The special seemed to imply that Holiday was the single that was No. 1 - it showed a clip from it while saying she got her first No. 1 tune anywhere in the world via Countdown.

Anyway, yes loved Burning Up too - a great track and clip - one of her early best.

Isn't it always funny when they show the video for 'Holiday' ie the TOTP's performance, they try to give the impression and mislead viewers that it was a Countdown performance.

Patrick

The special seemed to imply that Holiday was the single that was No. 1 - it showed a clip from it while saying she got her first No. 1 tune anywhere in the world via Countdown.

Yes, I noticed that too and it made the pedant within me boil inside

Though I assume that was whoever put the show together's doing rather than Molly's... though someone on another forum I post at said that Molly has actually said himself that 'Holiday' was #1 here.

Michael
Isn't it always funny when they show the video for 'Holiday' ie the TOTP's performance, they try to give the impression and mislead viewers that it was a Countdown performance.

Yes, I thought the same thing.

It's kind of cringe-worthy actually to be still making such a big deal about giving Madonna her first #1 here, when she didn't even bother to visit Australia until 9 years later... and hasn't again since.

I'm not a huge Madonna fan, but it's odd that she's neglected 'down under' so much.

Molly has a few times said Australia gave Madonna her first No.1 with 'Holiday', both in print and verbally.

Michael
Molly has a few times said Australia gave Madonna her first No.1 with 'Holiday', both in print and verbally.

Someone should forward him this thread.