Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Countdown 40th Anniversary double CD

On sale now at all ABC shops and JB HIFI is the 40th Anniversary double cd.

To see COUNTDOWN anywhere in the shops is ALWAYS the best and the most iconic COUNTDOWN intro features on this cd which is the highlight, without a doubt!

https://shop.abc.net.au/products/countdown-40th-anniversary-2cd

Re: Countdown 40th Anniversary double CD

Excellent comp although I could do without Iggy & KISS - would have replaced them with some classic AC/DC or Pseudo Echo. Having said that Iggy was part of an iconic episode of Countdown...

Surely a DVD (of studio performances) would be more relevant? I guess the licensing would be difficult though... but you wouldn't think it was much more difficult than licensing audio tracks.

I agree Nathan, they should release DVD's of studio performances. There is no problem with licensing as they own the rights to live performances on their own shows. They started to do that with the Wonder Years 1 & 2 plus the Countdown Collection but then stopped...and that was about 8 years ago.

On the 10th Anniversary there was a double LP and a Video Tape and they had a Jubilee album in 1977, perhaps they should remaster and re-release those as well.