Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Recovery Special this week?

I can only hope this means there will be NO Recovery shown during January.

Good knowing there are 5 Saturdays during January in 2015 although I'm wondering whether Rage may actually show Countdown earlier given the 40th anniversary falls in early November.

I'm hoping the ABC mark the occasion somehow - hopefully with news some 'lost' Countdowns have been recovered - I can only wish!

When I last checked yesterday, the rage Facebook post announcing the Recovery special had over 800 comments. I don't think I've ever seen a post there obtain so many replies. Unfortunately I think this means there's a good chance of some Recovery appearing (if not a whole night dedicated to it) during retro month, or maybe another 'special' like this outside of January.

Personally, I think rage had this special last night because they didn't have anything else planned and it was easy just to whack 2 whole 3-hour episodes of Recovery on as a substitute for a more planned episode

But they could easily put this stuff on ABC3 instead if there's such 'demand' for it.

I looked at the playlist for Saturday night and it just mentioned the 2 episodes. Would have been good if they spelt it out a bit more and listed what was in the episodes. That being the case, I made no attempt watching it or recording it to find something of interest.

Facebook comments are so lame. They are just fleeting comments and those people probably didn't even watch the show. The real diehard fans are the ones that post on message boards!

Every episode of Recovery should be burnt and destroyed.

I didn't watch the crap last night, I loathed it in the 90s and still loathe it. Putrid

I was still at school when Recovery started, but I didn't know of anyone who watched it. It always seemed to me that it was a struggle for them to fill 3 hours' worth - there was so much filler and so many awkward pauses/'look at me, I'm raising my pierced eyebrow' moments from Dylan. Jane Gazzo was a really awkward host, too, I thought. There was no buzz/vibe to them or the show at all. They all seemed to think that they were too cool to host/be on it, from my impression.

Michael
Facebook comments are so lame. They are just fleeting comments and those people probably didn't even watch the show. The real diehard fans are the ones that post on message boards!

Some of the comments just make me

Here's a few 'highlights':

"BRING BACK RECOVERY! At the very least bring it back on DVD, it would totally sell like hot cakes."

"Please release all the episodes on DVD"

"You have to do the special again another night when I don't have to be up early for work devastated"

and

"Please do this more often! R!'s memory is really important for Aussie music and the OS guests they embraced! Maybe once per every 3 months - have a Saturday where you roll out an episode or 2 and then roll out the 10:30 slot, who's agreeing with me? Thanks Rage!"

"Yeah recovery boxset for sure.. just look at all these people who love this $hit! Bring back recovery!!"

"This needs to be a regular thing! Surely there's room for reruns! Bring back recovery!"

I hope not.

I feel like I'm on a different planet to these viewers.

And Jason, cover your eyes :

"Instead of a Summer Countdown Special....do a Recovery Special!! Please!!!"

Note the overuse of exclamation marks!!

HOW DISGUSTING!!!!! I am looking for the comment but can't find it, hopefully rage removed it!

Jason 'The Moderator'

HOW DISGUSTING!!!!! I am looking for the comment but can't find it, hopefully rage removed it!

I can't remember whether it was a post to page or a comment on one of rage's posts. Either way, I hope they don't take the suggestion on board!

All these people loving Recovery... rage plays that kind of stuff ALL the time (OK, maybe not quite as much as they did in the 90's... but it's more like 50% of the time instead of 75% Still a lot either way).

rage posted this as a reply to a post on the Facebook page:

"Sorry Dan, we'll be doing another Recovery Special in the future but not sure when yet. Glad you enjoyed it!"

I'm OK with them doing another special - that's better than a full night in January. Though I'd much rather another Vault special.

I watched the Recovery shows, or at least as much as I could handle of it. It falls a long way short of the standard set by Countdown or even the show that it vaguely tried to emulate in The Factory.

It is good to know that if Rage are prepared to play a form of retro such as Recovery in the middle of the year then there should be nothing stopping them showing Countdown in the middle of the year either.

Since the 40th anniversary of Countdown officially falls on Novemeber 8 (which is a Saturday this year) then surely they can also play a Countdown tribute then if the can play a 14th?? anniversary of the demise of Recovery.