Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Your Most Wanted Now Deleted Aussie 80\\\'s CD\\\'s???

I have a spare Koo De Tah cd, how much would you want to pay or it?

Re: Your Most Wanted Now Deleted Aussie 80's CD's???

The Promise would not have been released on CD I wouldn't have thought. Nice to see them on that Countdown a few weeks back.

I have uploaded the clip for FAB's Happy People to YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KcEgPnwyZo&list=UUyrv0Hh9wBh1l7kdLMkWDLw&index=13&feature=plcp

Re: Your Most Wanted Now Deleted Aussie 80\\\'s CD\\\'s???

Hi Gavin, I eventually got Shaz's Edge of Winter on LP off ebay from France of all places & paid $80 for it. The only CD i have seen of it sold on ebay a few weeks ago for around $330. Crazy. The album never made the top 100 in 1990, which is simply why it is so hard to find. A couple of rareties that i have are the ferret's dreams of a love ('93 mushroom mid price masters) & electric pandas point blank, also a '93 reissue.

Re: Your Most Wanted Now Deleted Aussie 80\\\\\\\'s CD\\\\\\

Hi Mat,
I recently picked up the ferrets dreams of a love on cd off ebay for $20,
and also completed my ted mulry gang cd collection with struttin (which
cost me a fortune)

Re: Your Most Wanted Now Deleted Aussie 80\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'

Well done on the Ferrets CD. I've had that since the mid 90's. To find it for $20 was a steal! Electric Pandas is listed on ebay on CD for $1000!!! Wow! Mind you, i didn't even know it was issued on CD.

Anyone still got that Koo De Tah CD available? I'm guessing everybody's playing MP3's or Spotify or Google Play these days, but I'm after the actual CD if anybody can help me?

Get in touch at subculture@shatoo.no if you can help!

Shout out from synthpop/new wave fan in Norway!

Per Aksel :)

I'm disappointed with the lack of support in the digital age from the Record labels.

So many artists back catalogue completely ignored.

They only ever get seen on compilation cds at best these days.

Wow I cannot believe I have only just discovered this thread now. I’m interested in Wendy & The Rocketts CD that was issued back in early 2000s not sure if it was a compilation of Greatest Hits or Dazed For Days album but would love a copy if at all possible. The other cd I would like is Domestic Harmony from Do Re Mi which was available for a time on cd. I seen both these titles at the time and was going to buy them but somehow did not get around to doing so.

Hi there,

I noticed in recent months that there are a box set of all Sharon O’Neill’s albums on cd through some retailers in New Zealand if you are interested. Most were released except for her first from 1979 This Heart This Song which has also now been included for this special album box set. Worth having you like Sharon and her music. πŸ™πŸŽΆπŸŽ‰

When the Sharon O' Neill CD Box Set is going to be released in Australia?

You guys need to check out Tidal and getting a program called Athame. 50% of the titles mentioned on this thread are on Tidal and you can use Athame to download to lossless or MP3 files. Tidal gives you a 30 day free trial.

Sharon’s Box Set is not available in Australia only from New Zealand. Her Greatest Hits compilation from 2005 is however, available in Australia unless it has been deleted not entirely sure.

Thanks for letting us know about Tidal as was not really familiar with that and look forward to checking it out. This is going off the topic of music though can you recommend anything in relation to Australian/Kiwi Film and tv also. There was one called Diwana a few years back though after so long, like many, it too was closed down. If you know of a link would really appreciate it.

Thanks again. πŸ™

Scott
Sharon’s Box Set is not available in Australia only from New Zealand. Her Greatest Hits compilation from 2005 is however, available in Australia unless it has been deleted not entirely sure.

Thanks for letting us know about Tidal as was not really familiar with that and look forward to checking it out. This is going off the topic of music though can you recommend anything in relation to Australian/Kiwi Film and tv also. There was one called Diwana a few years back though after so long, like many, it too was closed down. If you know of a link would really appreciate it.

Thanks again. πŸ™
Diwana was an excellent tracker, unfortunately I don't know of any comparable modern trackers, that's not to say one doesn't exist.

Another option for acquiring lossless or MP3 audio is Deezer and using a program called SMLoadr.