Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rage Message Board Gone

Yeah, I'm not liking the new makeover either.
Way too much white and sux that they've abandoned the 'Coming Up' section.

At least they had the decency to acknowledge the closing of the messageboard, I guess.

Like Guru, I don't do Facebook or Twitter so I guess that's the end of my contact,(in the form of suggestions,ideas for Specials,etc),with Rage.
A real shame .... but it was only a matter of time.

Yes, as you say, Nathan, most of the posts on their Facebook page are pretty shallow and uninspiring overall.

"Can we officially say now that Gen Y have taken over Rage?"

You bet ! Enough to make us 'long term' Rage viewers feel just that little bit old and obsolete, hey?

Am looking forward to The Primitive Calculators this weekend though - should be an interesting playlist.

Sorry this is off topic but didn't think it was worth starting up a new thread...

Anyone going to see Gary Numan in Sydney or Melb this weekend?
Love his latest album, Splinter.

Nathan,

I too noticed that the archives only go back to 2007! And there is no playlist for 2mor, it's HORRRRIBLE!

You can view Saturday night's playlist here:

http://www.abc.net.au/rage/archive/s4012338.htm

But no Friday night or Saturday morning yet...

I tried to reply to this post yesterday but all I got was 'spam detected' so I gave up. Anyway, in agreement with all that's been said.

Those people that aren't on facebook, start up an account with an alias name etc. Works for me.

Now, time to look at this s h i t t y rage website...

FFS, I keep getting the spam thing here too now.

I thought it was using the word l i n k, but even when I used spaces, I got blocked again.

Friday night & Saturday morning playlists are available on iPad, but still not on the website.

There's an hour of 90's stuff from 9 until about 10:05, though all common as muck stuff, though a handful of clips rage haven't aired for a while, like Goo Goo Dolls 'Iris' and Toni Childs 'Many Rivers To Cross'. Nothing to get excited over though.

I guess that common as muck stuff is all the current presumably Gen Y rage team know/remember of the 90s.

Goo Goo Dolls 'Slide' s h i t s over 'Iris'. 'Iris' was the crappiest song that went to No.1, by a crappy movie that I won't even give a look in.

I commented on the Facebook page about how viewers only find out who the next guest programmer/what the next special is a couple of days before it airs, at best, since the website 'upgrade'... which doesn't leave much time to make suggestions/for rage to find those videos in their library/archives.

Anyway, 'rage' replied today that the Coming Up section is still there on the smartphone app.

As I only have a dumbphone, I asked a friend to look it up for me. He said that it still only has up to Jun 28 on the 'Coming Up' section . It's like they truly don't give a f u c k anymore.