Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rage - July 8 1989

Absolutely brilliant playlist, Guru.
Especially loved the Bats songs and videos.
"Made Up in Blue" and "North By North" are still a couple of my very favourite songs.

Brings back fond memories of watching Rage in the wee small hours, eyelids drooping ,resolving to go to bed, but being enticed to keep on watching another half an hour,(and then another), as a particularly good set of songs came on.
These were the days before playlists and long play Videos/DVDS.

Lee
Howdy Guru

This is absolutely brilliant. If you find anymore please let me know!

I did find this on youtube for White Cross, the song is about 3 years earlier though, I thought you might be interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zG88i-4Ohw

I usually just find a lot of rubbish on tapes, mostly common movies or more recent recordings but there are often little gems amongst them. This tape was actually sitting on the side of the road as part of hard rubbish collection, a day later and it would have been at the tip.

Do you want a copy Lee, at least all the non chart material? It is quite good quality up to about the last 10 songs of the Top 30 when a minor line appears, but all the chart clips are common. I don't find too many recordings like this, usually just 20 minutes at the end of a tape or edited clips.

That 1986 clip from White Cross looks like it comes from an episode of Beatbox by the graphics at the start.

Christina
Absolutely brilliant playlist, Guru.
Especially loved the Bats songs and videos.
"Made Up in Blue" and "North By North" are still a couple of my very favourite songs.

Brings back fond memories of watching Rage in the wee small hours, eyelids drooping ,resolving to go to bed, but being enticed to keep on watching another half an hour,(and then another), as a particularly good set of songs came on.
These were the days before playlists and long play Videos/DVDS.

These were definitely great years for alternative bands and Rage, along with the last few years of Rock Arena, played a lot of it. To see Tall Tales And True, John Moore, Thrashing Doves, Diesel Park West, Damian Lovelock (of Celibate Rifles), White Cross, Xymox, Died Pretty and Bats all on the same night is pretty cool.

Wow, I would love a copy of just the Top 30!

Interesting that rage played all the promo videos from Eurythmics 'Savage' album -considering it was released well over 18 months prior. Maybe they were just warming up with the anticipated news of 'We Too Are One' being released in September?

-Guru Bob
These were definitely great years for alternative bands and Rage, along with the last few years of Rock Arena, played a lot of it. To see Tall Tales And True, John Moore, Thrashing Doves, Diesel Park West, Damian Lovelock (of Celibate Rifles), White Cross, Xymox, Died Pretty and Bats all on the same night is pretty cool.

Yes,very cool. Those were the days.
Watching Rage and listening to 3RRR in the late 80s/early 90s introduced me to so many great "alternative" bands that I otherwise would not have known about.

Thanks guru, very interesting!

I've got a full Saturday night episode from July 1994.. well, the first few hours of the show up until about #40 in the top 50. I might post the playlist here if anyone's interested enough. It was a special on The Sugarcubes & Bjork, followed by female artists (with an 'alternative' slant of course).

I think I've still got a 3 hour tape of the pre-top 60 Friday night 'new releases' segment of Rage from 26 June 1993, too... though I've never catalogued the full tape; and I've only transferred the clips I was interested (or half-interested) in to DVD.

ohnoitisnathan
Thanks guru, very interesting!

I've got a full Saturday night episode from July 1994.. well, the first few hours of the show up until about #40 in the top 50. I might post the playlist here if anyone's interested enough. It was a special on The Sugarcubes & Bjork, followed by female artists (with an 'alternative' slant of course).

I think I've still got a 3 hour tape of the pre-top 60 Friday night 'new releases' segment of Rage from 26 June 1993, too... though I've never catalogued the full tape; and I've only transferred the clips I was interested (or half-interested) in to DVD.

Nathan
Full playlists are always of interest as the Rage site does not have them until 1998 so it gives an insight into what was shown but they are also time consuming to upload. If you had the time and didn't mind I wouldn't mind seeing it. I probably recorded a few specials of similar nature as they regurgitated their material shown quite often in slabs.

I still have a number of Guest Programmer episodes from the mid 90's of bands like Hole and The Cult from Feb 1996.

I have a 3 hour chunk of a Rage episode from May 21 1988 along with two 3 hour tapes of episodes of Night Shift (Ch10) - one from 1988 and one from 1989 which included a variety of presenters. I also have 90 minutes of an episode Of John Torv's Video Music from around October 1984. They all have interesting items in amongst their playlists. I would love to find more episodes of Video Music and Night Shift as they were brilliant.

Full episodes are always of greater interest than edited shows as they often had rarities amongst them.

I caught parts of Nightshift a handful of times, around May 1989, while I was waiting for the top 50 to start on Rage. I remember channel surfing between MTV, Nightshift and Rage... how odd now to think that 3 different music video shows were on at night. That must have been when Nightshift was near its end, as I don't remember seeing it for long after that.

I think I threw this tape out a couple of years ago, but I've still got the handwritten playlist I wrote at the time. I'm not sure what propelled me to write it out, as I think it's only something I did one other time. I transferred some of the videos to DVD in 2005.

Rage 3/1/1993... which was a Sunday, so it must have been Saturday night, unless for some reason there was also a Sunday night episode (shortly after New Year's). Interesting that it started with mostly (then) new and recent releases. Writing it out rage website style:

MEAT BEAT MANIFESTO The Edge of No Control
MARKY MARK & THE FUNKY BUNCH You Gotta Believe
STEREO MC'S Connected
EN VOGUE Free Your Mind
DR. ALBAN It's My Life
GARY CLAIL ON-U SOUND SYSTEM Who Pays the Piper?
JIMI HENDRIX Fire
HELMET Unsung
SUGAR Helpless
RAGE Run To You
2 UNLIMITED The Magic Friend
NENEH CHERRY Money Love
ICEHOUSE with CHRISTINA AMPHLETT Love In Motion
INXS Taste It
MADONNA Erotica
PRINCE My Name Is Prince
DIVINYLS I Ain't Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore
DEF FX Sucker [presumably Sex Game Sucker]
THE FAUVES Misguided Modelling Career
YOTHU YINDI Tribal Voice
SEA STORIES Left You There
HUNTERS & COLLECTORS True Tears of Joy
THINGS OF STONE & WOOD Happy Birthday Helen
ROCKMELONS featuring ERIC SEBASTIAN Form 1 Planet
THE LAB A Thousand Miles
HAPPY MONDAYS Stinkin Thinkin
HOUSE OF PAIN Jump Around
BOB MARLEY Iron Lion Zion
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS Breaking the Girl
MC 900 FT JESUS Truth Is Out of Style

then I stopped numbering them, with increasing gaps between each following video listed (I think I got bored with listing them at this point).

L7 Everglade
MANTISSA Mary Mary
HUNTERS & COLLECTORS We the People
THE DUKES Faith
SOUND UNLIMITED Saturday Night
RATCAT Candyman

I remember sitting up and watching rage the night before, shortly after New Years Eve. I remember they aired The KLF's 'What Time Is Love' (the original video), and Robert Palmer's 'Witchcraft'.

This was probably the first night rage aired an episode of Countdown? There definitely wasn't any Countdown on my 3 hour tape though.

edit - I see they didn't start Countdown until 2 weeks later.

Oh, I uploaded the Rockmelons track from this episode to youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33frj0D9pHE

Hmmm... the Rage website guest programmer archive says this episode/weekend was:

2nd Jan Best of rage Special

Looking at my music video catalogue, I also converted these videos from the same rage episode:

CLOUDS Say It

which I've uploaded - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47qy2tDk5P8 ...complete with the 0055 number flashing across the screen, and the announcement that rage is now simulcast in stereo with JJJ

THE HOUSE OF LOVE You Don't Understand
MC OJ & THE RHYTHM KING Joined At the Hip Hop [this is where my tape cut out]

Here's another handwritten playlist I found (I think the only other one), though stupidly I didn't date it at the time. I'm almost certain it's from the first half of December 1992. It must have been a Friday night episode, though I don't know if I caught it from the beginning or not... but I've numbered the tracks starting from 1.

HELMET Unsung
MINISTRY N.W.O
NINE INCH NAILS Head Like a Hole
L7 Everglade
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS Breaking the Girl
MANTISSA Mary Mary
MC 900 FT JESUS Truth Is Out of Style
NIRVANA Smells Like Teen Spirit
SCREAMING TREES Nearly Lost You
THE FALLING JOYS Black Bandages
THE SMITHS How Soon Is Now
INXS Not Enough Time
THE CURE A Letter To Elise
THE STONE ROSES Fools Gold
GARY CLAIL ON-U SOUND SYSTEM Who Pays the Piper?
NEW ORDER Bizarre Love Triangle
25th of MAY It's Alright
THE CULT She Sells Sanctuary
SUZANNE RHATIGAN The Further In We Go
TORI AMOS Silent All These Years
k.d. lang Mind of Love
SINGLE GUN THEORY I Am What I See
HUNTERS & COLLECTORS True Tears of Joy
THINGS OF STONE & WOOD Happy Birthday Helen
ICEHOUSE with CHRISTINA AMPHLETT Love In Motion
TALKING HEADS Lifetime Piling Up
JON LEE HOOKER Boom Boom
TASMIN ARCHER Sleeping Satellite
RICHARD PLEASANCE Sarah (I Miss You)
THE NEW ROCKY HORROR SHOW Time Warp
THE DUKES Faith
SUNSCREEM Love U More
BOXCAR Ultrasonic
ELECTRONIC Disappointed
TLC What About Your Friends
ROCKMELONS Form 1 Planet
CURIOSITY I Need Your Lovin'
EAST 17 House of Love
THE MOVEMENT Jump
THE FAUVES Misguided Modelling Career
CRACKER Teen Angst
SUGAR Helpless

On the reverse side of the page, I've written the top 60 from 19/12/92... so the episode of rage above was probably from 12/12/92?

There's certainly a lot of overlap between both playlists I've posted. It's like Rage had their default back-up of Triple J-friendly videos at the ready.

I taped over this playlist soon afterwards, I think.

Thanks for those lists Nathan, definitely looks like mid 90's Rage. There would be all the clips that were on high rotation and in between there'd be some clips that you never see again, like Boxcar. In fact there's a few clips there that have never surfaced again.

Here's the Rage playlist Saturday May 21 1988 approx 11pm-2am. At this stage they still only had the band title and for obscure bands it was sometimes hard to work out what the song title was. The playlist appears to be constructed alphabetically.

Dragon - Are You Old Enough
Divinyls - Pleasure And Pain
Elton John & Jennifer Rush - Flames Of Paradise
Eurogliders - Maybe Only Dream (live)
Eurythmics - I Want A Man
Getaway Plane - Love Without Danger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CR78IPfDsg
Gangajang - Sounds Of Then
Georgia Satellites - Railroad Steel
George Michael - Faith
The Bats - Block Of Wood
Iggy Pop - (unidentified clip)
Richard Crawley - I'm Bored
Red Ochre - In The City When It Rains http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5stSCRRWSI
Icehouse - Cross The Border
Pebbles - Girlfriend
Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced
Jimmy Barnes - Too Much Ain't Enough Love
John Mellencamp - Check It Out
Carmel - Every Little Bit
Little River Band - Shutdown Turn Off
Kim Carnes - Draw Of The Cards
(unidentified clip - no title displayed)
Laurie Anderson - Language Is A Virus From Outer Space
Powerstrike - The Sky Is Burning (?)
Mental As Anything - You're So Strong
Mary Jane Girls - Walk Like A Man
Divine - Walk Like A Man
Midnight Oil - Dead Heart
The Bats - Made Up In Blue
Bob Seger - Old Time Rock 'n' Roll
Kate Ceberano & Wendy Matthews - You've Always Got The Blues http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixHeMICGoYM
Nona Hendryx - Why Should I Cry
Omar & The Howlers - Hard Times In The Land Of Plenty
Nina Simone - Revolution
Paul Kelly - To Her Door
Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This
Pointer Sisters - I'm So Excited
Paul McCartney - Frog Orchestra
Party Boys - Hold Your Head Up
Pet Shop Boys - Always On My Mind
Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall Part 2
Prince - Raspberry Beret
Pretenders - Message Of Love
Kissing The Pink - Radio On
Madonna - La Isla Bonita

Here's an episode of Night Shift from 1988 approx 1:30am-4:30am unknown date:

Noiseworks - No Lies
Spy v Spy - AO Mod
Ry Cooder - Get Rhythm
Bourgeois Tagg - I Don't Mind At All
Talking Heads - This Must Be The Place
Split Enz - Dirty Creature
Richard Marx - Endless Summer Nights
Jerry Harrison - Rev It Up
Midnight Oil - Read About It
David Lee Roth - Just Like Paradise
Peter Gabriel - Shock The Monkey
Boom Crash Opera - Love Me To Death
Hunters & Collectors - The Slab
Party Boys - Gloria
Models - Big On Love
Robert Plant - Heaven Knows
Glen Frey - You Belong To The City
Sting - Englishman In New York
Bruce Hornsby - The Way It Is
Terence Trent D'Arby - Sigb Your Name
U2 - Where The Streets Have No Name
Suzanne Vega - Left Of Centre
REM - The One I Love
James Brown - Gravity
Beatles - Hey Jude
Bob Dylan - Tangled Up In Blue
The Cars - Drive
Weddings Parties Anything - Say The Word
Tom Petty - Jammin Me
George Michael - Father Figure
U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pete Barden - In Dreams
Black Sorrows - Dear Children
Dumptruck - Going Nowhere
Eurythmics - Shame
Elton John - Wrap Her Up
The Rainmakers - Small Circles
Devo - Whip It
Christians - Ideal World

Night Shift 1989 (unknown date)

Huey Lewis - Small World
Pete Townsend - Face The Face
Colin James - Voodoo Thing
QED - This One
The Bible - Honey Be good
Crowded House - World Where We Live
John Mellencamp - Cherry Bomb
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - American Dream
Boy Meets Girl - Waiting For A Star
Thomas Dolby - Hot Sauce
UB40 - Red Red Wine
Bob Marley - Get Up Stand Up
The Sports - Don't Throw Stones
Mental As Anything - The Nips Are Getting Bigger
Mi-Sex - But You Don't Care
Ian Moss - Tucker's Daughter
Cold Chisel - Bow River
Charlie Sexton - Don't Look Back
INXS - Spy Of Love
INXS - Dancing On The Jetty
INXS - What You Need
Chris Isaak - Dancin'
Midge Ure - Dear God
Crowded House - Mean To Me
Carol Hitchcock - Get Ready
John Farnham - Touch Of Paradise
Enya - Orinocco Flow
Paul Carrack - One Good Reason
Nick Barker & The Reptiles - Another Me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_QDchXoET4
Sunnyboys - To Young To Despair https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JaGTOk0j3U
Eurythmics - I Need A Man
Jolly Roger - Acid Man
Mental As Anything - Rock And Roll Music
The Saints - The Music Goes Round My Head
The Bodeans - One Love
Big Storm - Happy New Year
Sam Brown - Stop
Kate Bush - Sat In Your Lap
Michelle Shocked - Anchorage
Sting - Fragile
Lime Spiders - Weirdo Libido
Beatnik Beach - Beatnik Beach
INXS - Kiss The Dirt

Another great early Rage playlist,Guru.
I probably watched that one - Rage used to play a lot of great "underground" NZ bands/artists back then, especially those on the Flying Nun label like the Bats, Snapper,The Chills, Straitjacket fits, Bailterspace, The JPS Experience, Look Blue Go Purple, The Clean etc.
Still have a soft spot for the Dunedin sound today, especially The Bats.

The Lime Spider's Weirdo Libido and Echo and The Bunnyman's The Cutter were amongst the very first clips shown on Rage if I remember rightly.

Rage certainly was a lot more random in the 80's and early 90's from the looks of things.

Was the 1988 episode a guest programmer segment, guru? Or was that before they had guest programmers?

I remember someone commented on the rage forum (or maybe it was the guestbook) a while back that the first programmer was in January 1990. But I assumed that was just referring to the earliest date rage have them listed on the website.

I haven't yet found my 1994 VHS with the playlist typed out and stuck onto the cover. There is a chance I may have thrown it out a couple of years ago, but I'll have another look for it.

Nightshift was a lot more random/varied than I remember it, going by those playlists.

Christina

Watching Rage and listening to 3RRR in the late 80s/early 90s introduced me to so many great "alternative" bands that I otherwise would not have known about.

3RRR... I didn't realise you were a Melbourne girl originally. I was a RRR subscriber for a while in the 90's. It seemed to be run by uni students out at Fitzroy somewhere - my brother was involved with a science show that they had.

Christina
I probably watched that one - Rage used to play a lot of great "underground" NZ bands/artists back then, especially those on the Flying Nun label like the Bats, Snapper,The Chills, Straitjacket fits, Bailterspace, The JPS Experience, Look Blue Go Purple, The Clean etc.

The Lime Spider's Weirdo Libido and Echo and The Bunnyman's The Cutter were amongst the very first clips shown on Rage if I remember rightly.

I probably appreciate that music much more now than in the day. I would just watch all the obscure clips but never seemed to remember the band/song names. It wasn't until 1994 when I saw the Countdown repeats that I first though of recording that sort of thing but by then that particular sound had moved on and Rage had stopped playing them.
ohnoitisnathan
Rage certainly was a lot more random in the 80's and early 90's from the looks of things.

Was the 1988 episode a guest programmer segment, guru? Or was that before they had guest programmers?

I remember someone commented on the rage forum (or maybe it was the guestbook) a while back that the first programmer was in January 1990. But I assumed that was just referring to the earliest date rage have them listed on the website.

I haven't yet found my 1994 VHS with the playlist typed out and stuck onto the cover. There is a chance I may have thrown it out a couple of years ago, but I'll have another look for it.

I don't recall any guest programmers in the 1980's so the Jan 1990 start may be right. They had a lot of artist specials though where they would play 3-7 clips in a row of a particular artist.
ohnoitisnathan
I caught parts of Nightshift a handful of times, around May 1989, while I was waiting for the top 50 to start on Rage. I remember channel surfing between MTV, Nightshift and Rage... how odd now to think that 3 different music video shows were on at night. That must have been when Nightshift was near its end, as I don't remember seeing it for long after that.

Those were the days with 3 clips shows on at once, although Night Shift was on for 4 hours every night of the week. Here is a TV guide from 1988:

photo tvweekmay71988_zpsac913731.jpg

Apart from Rage, MTV and Night Shift you also had Rock Arena, The Factory, Saturday Morning Live and Hey Hey while I would also have the VFA and VFL footy.

How strange it would be now to see two 46 year-old movies screened on the main commercial stations on a Saturday night.

Although the ABC probably wouldn't have cared, I wonder how well Rage rated back then when it was up against MTV and Nightshift.

I loved how random Rage was in the early days. In Adelaide there was a local show also called Night Shift hosted by David Day and there was Simulrock hosted by Andrew Peters that were on Friday and Saturday nights. Not sure if they were still going by the time Rage and MTV started though. BTW the first guest programmer was Andrew Denton in January 1990. The first one I remember seeing was Maynard F# Crabbes in March 1990.

I was vaguely aware in the late 80's that Rage had artist specials sometimes on Saturday nights, but at that stage I was only really interested in the top 50.

I've got a snippet of a rage ad for a forthcoming Madonna special, around the time of 'Express Yourself', on tape still. The add actually shows segments of her videos with some running text along the bottom of the screen. It would have aired during the top 50, probably between numbers 6 and 5.

The first Saturday night artist special I watched though was the Kylie Minogue/Jason Donovan/Dannii Minogue special in late November 1991. I was only aware of it because the TV guide (probably TV week) listed it next to Saturday night's program. I even bought a special $4 VHS tape in K-Mart that afternoon to record it, ha ha.

I then caught most of the Pet Shop Boys special a few weeks later.

The first guest programmer segment I recorded I think was Kylie Minogue guest programming in 1992, though I had taped over it by the next week.

It wasn't really until mid 1999, when I was over both the top 50 AND most of the new releases, that I switched my focus to Saturday night's programming, to catch retro videos.

Guru Bob
Christina

3RRR... I didn't realise you were a Melbourne girl originally. I was a RRR subscriber for a while in the 90's. It seemed to be run by uni students out at Fitzroy somewhere - my brother was involved with a science show that they had.

Nah Bob, not a Melbourne girl originally, but I lived down there for a while in the late 80s/early 90s.

RRR was THe best radio station back then with so many unique hosts playing some brilliant local underground music.
My two faves were probably Cat's 'Mousetrap' on a Sunday arvo, featuring lots of obscure and alternative Aus, N/Z and international bands and Bohdan, an out of control pommy ex punk rocker with a really deep voice, on Friday nights, who played a selection of heavier stuff from bands such as The Cosmic Psychos and The Hard-ons.

Yes, think it was run by current and ex Uni students who often bought in their own private record collections to play.THey weren't paid.
Like you, a couple of my friends were subscribers and also volunteers who helped out behind the scenes at the station on the weekends.
3PBS was also another great station - used to listen to a show on there called 'Counting Sheep' with a Kiwi host, featuring a whole range of obscure NZ bands, late on Sunday nights.

Christina

Guru Bob
[I probably appreciate that music much more now than in the day. I would just watch all the obscure clips but never seemed to remember the band/song names. It wasn't until 1994 when I saw the Countdown repeats that I first though of recording that sort of thing but by then that particular sound had moved on and Rage had stopped playing them.

The early Rage days are still my very favourite period.
Maybe its just me but it seemed to have an atmosphere of vitality and excitement back then that is somewhat lacking today...

ohnoitisnathan
I was vaguely aware in the late 80's that Rage had artist specials sometimes on Saturday nights, but at that stage I was only really interested in the top 50.

Those late 80s/early 90s specials were brilliant, esp the ones featuring female singers like Sinead O'Connor, Blondie, The Pretenders etc.

I think Guest Programming was introduced around 1990.

What a GREAT Playlist!!!!!!!! BRILLIANT!!!!!!! Xymox - Muscoviet Mosquito is HEAVENLY, YAY for Visage!!!

2 of the earliest clips I recorded from rage in late 1987 were Berlin's Sex I'm A ..... and Sylvester's Rock The Box

@ Nathan,

Kylie Minogue GP in 1992? Wow, that would have been at the height of her backlash in Australia. I'm surprised for an alternative music show like rage, they got her on to program.

One of my uncles had taped Bill Collins' Golden Years Of Hollywood screening of Whatever Happened To Baby Jane? starring Bette Davis and Joan Crawford from ATV-10 Melbourne which was featured in this 1988 TV Week program line-up in the same year and I didn't saw it until 1995 when it still on one of VHS video tapes that he taped and kept until he send this and other VHS video tapes which have old movies from Melbourne television channels to my family which it is me, my sister, my mum and my dad.
Maybe Rod Stewart's song, Baby Jane should be on the soundtrack of this Bette Davis and Joan Crawford movie.

Finally found my 1994 tape...

playlist Sunday 24/7/1994 (The Sugarcubes/Bjork special, followed by [mostly] female artists), from the start of the program:

THE SUGARCUBES Cold Sweat
THE SUGARCUBES Deus
THE SUGARCUBES Birthday
THE SUGARCUBES Regina
THE SUGARCUBES Planet
THE SUGARCUBES Hit
THE SUGARCUBES Walkabout
808 STATE featuring BJORK Ooops
BJORK Human Behaviour
BJORK Venus As a Boy
BJORK Play Dead
BJORK Big Time Sensuality
BJORK Violently Happy
SOUL II SOUL Get a Life
NENEH CHERRY Buffalo Stance
MASSIVE ATTACK Unfinished Sympathy
SHARA NELSON Uptight
DEEE-LITE Groove Is In the Heart
MADONNA Deeper and Deeper
JANET JACKSON Throb
HOLE Miss World
LUSH Hypocrite
SONIC YOUTH Bull In the Heather
SISTERS UNDERGROUND In the Neighbourhood
QUEEN LATIFAH Fly Girl
GALLIANO Long Time Gone
CURTIS MAYFIELD & THE REPERCUSSIONS Let's Do It
ME'SHELL NDEGE'OCELLO If That's Your Boyfriend
SALT 'N' PEPA Let's Talk About Sex
MONIE LOVE It's a Shame (My Sister)
M PEOPLE Moving On Up
CARLEEN ANDERSON Nervous Breakdown
THE BRAND NEW HEAVIES Back To Love
YOUSSOU N'DOUR & NENEH CHERRY 7 Seconds
CHRISTINE ANU with PAUL KELLY Last Train
3 THE HARD WAY Many Rivers
UTE Situations Vacant
CURVE Fait Accompli
DEBORAH HARRY Strike Me Pink
JENNY MORRIS Only We Can Hear (remix)
SILVERFISH D@mn Fine Woman
THE BREEDERS Cannonball
TOM TOM CLUB Don't Say No
THE BEAUTIFUL SOUTH Everybody's Talking
CONCRETE BLONDE Happy Birthday
CLOUDS Cloud Factory
MAGIC DIRT Readhead
HOLOCENE Flying
THE FALLING JOYS Fiesta
CLEOPATRA WONG Thank You
MAROODY BARAMBA Lullaby
SINGLE GUN THEORY From a Million Miles
MELANIE OXLEY & CLARIS ABRAHAMS Breathe
MOTHER EARTH Jessie
TRACY CHAPMAN Bang Bang Bang

(now the top 50... my tape cuts out soon)

MADONNA I'll Remember
ROACHFORD Only To Be With You
JAMES Laid
CJ LEWIS Sweets For My Sweet
THE SCREAMING JETS Helping Hand
BJORN AGAIN Flashdance... What a Feeling
JANET JACKSON Any Time, Any Place
D:REAM Things Can Only Get Better
2 UNLIMITED The Real Thing
GIN BLOSSOMS Hey Jealousy
METALLICA One
ELECTRIC HIPPIES Greedy People
JOHN MELLENCAMP with ME'SHELL NDEGE'OCELLO Wild Night
ACE OF BASE The Sign
DOOP Doop
THE SMASHING PUMPKINS Disarm
THE SHARP Alone Like Me
ACE OF BASE Don't Turn Around
CLUBHOUSE featuring CARL Light My Fire
PRINCE The Most Beautiful Girl In the World
BLUR Girls and Boys
MARCELLA DETROIT I Believe
MELODIE MC I Wanna Dance
D:REAM U R the Best Thing
JX Son of a Gun
ELTON JOHN Can You Feel the Love Tonight
THE POOR More Wine Waiter Please
LIGHTER SHADE OF BROWN Hey DJ
EAST 17 Around the World
TAKE THAT Pray
3 THE HARD WAY Hip Hop Holiday
TAG TEAM Whoomp! (There It Is)
THE PRETENDERS I'll Stand By You
COLLECTIVE SOUL Shine
FRENTE! Lonely
FRENTE! Bizarre Love Triangle
JAM & SPOON featuring PLAVKA Right In the Night (Fall In Love With Music)
KULCHA Don't Be Shy
SOUTHEND with NIK FISH The Winner Is...
MARIAH CAREY Anytime You Need a Friend
DES'REE You Gotta Be
KULCHA Shaka Jam
SOUNDGARDEN Black Hole Sun
ETERNAL Stay
ALL 4 ONE I Swear
REEL 2 REAL featuring THE MAD STUNTMAN I Like To Move It
CRASH TEST DUMMIES Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
BIG MOUNTAIN Baby, I Love Your Way
CRYSTAL WATERS 100% Pure Love
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS Absolutely Fabulous
WET WET WET Love Is All Around

Michael

I'm serious. Guru, email me please.

Michael
Michael

I'm serious. Guru, email me please.

No problems Michael, I'll run off a copy next week when I have a bit of time and send it to you then. Apologies in advance for any delays, I'm just a bit busy during the footy season. I thought I had this coming Sunday morning free and just got contacted by a guy who has been recording footy off TV since 1981 and I have a carload of Beta's to collect from somewhere in the LaTrobe Valley (which is a nice 3 hour round trip) so probably won't get a chance until Monday at the earliest now but I should get a disc to you by the end of next week. Is your address still the same?

Thanks for the 1994 playlist Nathan. I have a very similar special recorded around 1996.

Hi Guru, many thanks for this. My details are still the same. I will email you to trade for something you might like. Cheers.

Thanks for the disc Guru. You always deliver as promised and in a very short time period. Cheers.

Properties

warehouse | 

Â