Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rage retro week 4 blurb

Not only did the 60s, 70s and 80s produce important cultural artefacts including lava lamps, waterbeds and the Speak & Spell, apparently some pretty good music was born out of those decades too. Forget #flashbackfriday, for the whole month of January rage has been looking to the past and reliving classic musical moments. Sadly, it’s almost time to fold away your beloved polyester jumpsuit as Retro Month comes to a close for another year.

We go out with a bang for the final weekend of Retro Month, playing Countdown episodes hosted by Jermaine Jackson, Limahl and Tina Turner, Rock Arena hosted by Glenn Shorrock, Hitscene hosted by the delightfully awkward Dick Williams, and more!

Join us for the last weekend of Retro Month on Saturday 25th January from 10:30-11:30am, returning for the night from 11:30pm on ABC1.

more about this guest/special

Re: Rage retro week 4 blurb

No The Factory/Countdown Revolution again this retro month by the sounds of it

ohnoitisnathan
No The Factory/Countdown Revolution again this retro month by the sounds of it

They could have cut out all the common clips shown to date and gotten several Countdown Revolution or some of The Factory in. It's another missed opportunity.

Guru Bob
They could have cut out all the common clips shown to date and gotten several Countdown Revolution or some of The Factory in. It's another missed opportunity.

Exactly!

More start time confusion it seems too..ABC's own TV guide: 10.55pm. Rage: 11.30pm..

Frankster30
More start time confusion it seems too..ABC's own TV guide: 10.55pm. Rage: 11.30pm..

Maybe they're treating us with 35 mins. of common as muck/played multiple times every year 'retro' videos first?

Would not put it past 'em :)

rage play music videos all year long. Why can't they play bits and pieces of retro shows Saturday morning? We get retro/wildcard videos throughout the year. Our mission for next year will be 'ban the single videos in retro months and give us more music shows'!

I agree with everybody else in regard to all the common music clips. Too many common clips this weekend both during the night and Saturday morning. Very disappointed in the lack of rare clips. I guess I won't be seeing the Little Pattie music clip "Only If You Want To" this time around. Spicks & Specks played part of this a few years back which makes me think it exists in the ABC archives. Overall this January has been really great and has delivered some fine gems like Olivia, Countdown QED show and more Countdown that were unaired once again so I can't complain too much. YES I too thought the hockey was a sore point. Thankful there isn't any this coming weekend. Love Tina and am glad that another of the "Countdown" shows I requested is being played. First Rock Arena looks dull as I would have much preferred the shows with I'm Talking or The Dugites which has more rare clips and material. I have had some personal family issues going on which is why I have been somewhat quiet on here this year. Here's hoping the final night for retro month is as great as the first weekend this year.

Scott
I agree with everybody else in regard to all the common music clips. Too many common clips this weekend both during the night and Saturday morning. Very disappointed in the lack of rare clips. I guess I won't be seeing the Little Pattie music clip "Only If You Want To" this time around. Spicks & Specks played part of this a few years back which makes me think it exists in the ABC archives. Overall this January has been really great and has delivered some fine gems like Olivia, Countdown QED show and more Countdown that were unaired once again so I can't complain too much. YES I too thought the hockey was a sore point. Thankful there isn't any this coming weekend. Love Tina and am glad that another of the "Countdown" shows I requested is being played. First Rock Arena looks dull as I would have much preferred the shows with I'm Talking or The Dugites which has more rare clips and material. I have had some personal family issues going on which is why I have been somewhat quiet on here this year. Here's hoping the final night for retro month is as great as the first weekend this year.

I requested the Tina Turner 1984 Countdown ep as well, go us!!!!!!

Go the Acid Queen!

Great minds think alike Jason. I would out of curiosity love to see the other 2 earlier Countdown shows from about 1980/1982 with Tina Turner also. Have seen clip performances and I like many Countdown shows remember watching these at the time of their original airing. I could be out a year, though I a fairly certain she performed "Nutbush City Limits" at the start of the 1982 show she may of also co-hosted with Molly. She also performed "Ball Of Confusion" which was either in 1980 or 1981 from memory.

Scott
Great minds think alike Jason. I would out of curiosity love to see the other 2 earlier Countdown shows from about 1980/1982 with Tina Turner also. Have seen clip performances and I like many Countdown shows remember watching these at the time of their original airing. I could be out a year, though I a fairly certain she performed "Nutbush City Limits" at the start of the 1982 show she may of also co-hosted with Molly. She also performed "Ball Of Confusion" which was either in 1980 or 1981 from memory.

Scott, you are on my Countdown memories Facebook now

Yep, rage played the 1982 Tina Turner episode with Ball Of Confusion and Nutbush City Limits aired originally on 18th July, 1982 on 16/01/99

Scott, did you catch Tina Turner and Molly hosting with Countdown episode from 22nd December, 1985 played on rage 03/01/2009?