Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kim Wilde on music Max

Kim is hosting tonight on Music Max Thursday 5th. Kim's woman of the 80's. It will screen on at 7.30 pm.

Cheers,
Adam W

Re: Kim Wilde on music Max

and on rage this morning and tonight!

Not a bad job that rage managed to get hold of 17 videos. Just don't understand why Cambodia is the first song up on Saturday night and does not feature again in the package later in the night and the videos not in date order. Looks like another job of editing the videos and putting them into date order later.... Also no vids from Love Is!

God it's embarrassing to read some of the posts on Rage's Facebook website regarding her guest programming segment this morning:

"Is her version of East 17 Official's It's Alright being played?" (posted this morning from someone who obviously doesn't know where to access the playlists)

"She hasnt played a good track yet, $hitty womens pop, mix it up with some good songs thanks" (dollar sign added to circumvent censorship)

"The music is horrible this saturday morning.... New guest programmers needed"

Maybe it's just the younger generation, but it's obvious Rage have a much lower caliber of people posting on the Facebook page than they have on the website forum. I can't imagine such dumb-sounding posts appearing on the forum.

Michael
and on rage this morning and tonight!

Not a bad job that rage managed to get hold of 17 videos. Just don't understand why Cambodia is the first song up on Saturday night and does not feature again in the package later in the night and the videos not in date order. Looks like another job of editing the videos and putting them into date order later.... Also no vids from Love Is!

G'day Michael

If you want, please give me a list of videos you require of Kim and I will see what i can do for you?

Hi Lee, pretty much any video that's not being played tonight. Thanks mate.

I wanted The Touch but I knew it would be impossible

I've got a not too great VHS rip of 'The Touch' recorded from a video program called 'Club Veronica', which seems to have very similar font on its artist/song superscript to that Video Hits used at one point. I didn't record it myself, but acquired it through a trade. A couple of times I've been outbid on a various artists VHS compilation containing the video on eBay.

I've got a good, clean copy of 'Schoolgirl' (I think from Lee here actually).

I find it quite odd that Rage couldn't source 'You Came' or 'Love Is Holy', which both aired during the top 50/60 here... yet they could find other clips that barely cracked the top 100, and sometimes not even that (Never Trust a Stranger, Four Letter Word, It's Here).

Rage finally found Nik Kershaw's 'The Riddle' though - that was on my original playlist for the Separage competition in 2010. I've also suggested it several times on the website message board, hoping it might prompt them to find it.

ohnoitisnathan
I've got a not too great VHS rip of 'The Touch' recorded from a video program called 'Club Veronica', which seems to have very similar font on its artist/song superscript to that Video Hits used at one point. I didn't record it myself, but acquired it through a trade. A couple of times I've been outbid on a various artists VHS compilation containing the video on eBay.

I've got a good, clean copy of 'Schoolgirl' (I think from Lee here actually).

I find it quite odd that Rage couldn't source 'You Came' or 'Love Is Holy', which both aired during the top 50/60 here... yet they could find other clips that barely cracked the top 100, and sometimes not even that (Never Trust a Stranger, Four Letter Word, It's Here).

Rage finally found Nik Kershaw's 'The Riddle' though - that was on my original playlist for the Separage competition in 2010. I've also suggested it several times on the website message board, hoping it might prompt them to find it.

G'day Nathan

Are you looking for any for yourself, I do have nice PAL Clean DVD Rips of most of her songs, My version of The Touch is PAL a really good VHS Clip with CD audio if you are interested?

Jason 'The Moderator'
I wanted The Touch but I knew it would be impossible

Hi Jason

I have already put The Touch with your DVD's. Very nice clean VHS with CD Audio. Are you also interested in Glass On Water from Musikladen?