Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Upcoming Rage Vault special

Lee
I don't know if you guys noticed but a couple of clips especially The Takeaways, the quality was very poor. This video in particular looked smudged not sharp, where do you think they sourced this from?

Yes I noticed several of the clips looked very ordinary indeed. Perhaps it was the way they were dubbed into the Rage library. Bit disappointing really.

Michael
I was going to mention Gyan too! Not happy as it was one of my faves off the list and I can't believe it was the last song of the night! although it did finish the night on a high. Her follow up 'It's Alright' is just as good, if not better, but I think only scraped into the Top 50.

Didn't matter for me as I don't really care for Gyan (oooops) Went to bed just before it came on as all my highlights were already played...

OMMMMG Nathan, I didn't realised as I was watching that Michael Davidson and Talk That Walk were logo free, watching again now and noticed thanks to YOU!

YAY, 2 of my requests logo free, coooooolnes!!!!!

Michael
I was going to mention Gyan too! Not happy as it was one of my faves off the list and I can't believe it was the last song of the night! although it did finish the night on a high. Her follow up 'It's Alright' is just as good, if not better, but I think only scraped into the Top 50.

I can resync the vid with CD or mp3 audio... well, as long as the audio matches the video speed (occasionally they don't quite match). If it works out I can add it to the 2+ years old trade you're still waiting on from me

'It's Alright' dented the top 50 for a week... at #49. 'Black Wedding Wing', the #93 follow-up to these two, was her best IMO.

ohnoitisnathan
Michael

First time I've heard Kissing The Pinks 'Certain Things Are Likely' and the beats sounded so much like Mel & Kim's 'Showing Out'. Did they have any affiliation with Stock Aitken & Waterman?

It was also the first time I've heard it, and I thought the same thing

Just looked it up on discogs.com, where it says:

Credits

Mixed By – Phil Harding
Producer – Peter Walsh

Phil Harding mixed a lot of the Stock/Aitken/Waterman stuff, and he seems to have made a large contribution to their 'sound'.

According to a wayback machine archive of a site (no longer online) that had an extensive S/A/W discography, 'Certain Things Are Likely' was released in the UK in February 1987, which was 5 months after 'Showing Out' came out there... so Showing Out preceded it.

WOW, first time you guys have heard KTP with Certain Things Are Likely? One of my FAV PWL tracks evvvvvver, been requesting it for bloody years and FINALLY last night it happened!!!! And yes, always picked up that the major keyboard sound in Showing Out is the same in Certain Things Are Likely

Some clips did look a bit smudged but hey, they are rare clips so I will take whatever ones I can get

It didn't click until I watched The Adventures 'Send My Heart' on this special (had only previously seen it on youtube) that the singer is the same guy who appeared in Bananarama's 'Shy Boy' video! He was Sara's (the blonde one) boyfriend at the time.

ohnoitisnathan
It didn't click until I watched The Adventures 'Send My Heart' on this special (had only previously seen it on youtube) that the singer is the same guy who appeared in Bananarama's 'Shy Boy' video! He was Sara's (the blonde one) boyfriend at the time.

I knew the Bananarama link with the singer from The Adventures. My friend and I were watching last Saturday and I told her before they came on that The Adventures were on the list who was going out with whom I thought was with Keren. We were also saying how much better he looked than in Shy Boy