Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New releases... or not

Amongst this week's new releases listed on the rage website's main page were:

JOHN FOXX No-One Driving
THE SHAMEN Ebeneezer Goode

I raced to youtube to see if there was a new version of 'Ebeneezer Goode' out, but alas it was the '92 version. And the John Foxx clip (which I hadn't heard of before) I've since learned was from 1980.

It's nice to see Rage find these old clips in the vault (although I'm somewhat surprised 'Ebeneezer Goode' seems to have been culled in the 90's), but slightly amusing to see them erroneously touted as new releases If only most current music was that 'goode'.

Re: New releases... or not

ohnoitisnathan
Amongst this week's new releases listed on the rage website's main page were:

JOHN FOXX No-One Driving
THE SHAMEN Ebeneezer Goode

I raced to youtube to see if there was a new version of 'Ebeneezer Goode' out, but alas it was the '92 version. And the John Foxx clip (which I hadn't heard of before) I've since learned was from 1980.

It's nice to see Rage find these old clips in the vault (although I'm somewhat surprised 'Ebeneezer Goode' seems to have been culled in the 90's), but slightly amusing to see them erroneously touted as new releases If only most current music was that 'goode'.

G'day Nathan

I thought there was only one version of Ebeneezer Goode, I don't think they ever made 2?

rage played John Foxx with No One Driving????? WOW! I have it already on the John Foxx VHS vid compilation and DVD but WOWZERS! If ONLY that was a NEW RELEASE! hahahahahaha

Lee, there's only one version that I know of. I meant '92 version as in the original version of the song/video (as I incorrectly thought maybe this 'new release' was a 2013 remix/re-make or something). Will respond to your emails 'soon'.

Lee, how's that project of yours going?

G'day Michael

Sorry mate, I haven't been on here anywhere near as much as I like.

I have been a tad busy of late, but I have conjured up all of the videos for 1982 Out of The Blue and 1985 On Fire.

The only thing I would like to have but can't find anywhere is Machinations - My Hearts On Fire (Jason says it is called 7"... single release), very different than the album and also different than the version on 1985 on Fire!! If anybody has it are they able to do me a copy please? If I can't find it, then i will have to sink to using the videos audio.

But at long last 1982 Out Of The Blue is on the way!!

You've made great progress. I'll email you to chat more. Cheers.

Lee

The only thing I would like to have but can't find anywhere is Machinations - My Hearts On Fire (Jason says it is called 7"... single release), very different than the album and also different than the version on 1985 on Fire!! If anybody has it are they able to do me a copy please? If I can't find it, then i will have to sink to using the videos audio.

I don't know if it's the right version, but I've got an mp3 of 'My Heart's On Fire' subtitled '(Edit)', with a track time of 4:44.

It doesn't sound like a vinyl rip to me (at least there are no pops or crackles), but at the same time, it sounds a bit dull/flat (lacking treble).

I have an mp3 that clocks in at 5 minutes