Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New themed 80's show

I was inquiring if anyone else has saw the promo for the new Channel 9 show The amazing 80's.

Re: New themed 80's show

I have. Looks great. Initially, I thought it's a repeat of what was shown on Foxtel a couple of months ago. They showed about 8 episodes, US made. Can't believe I missed them all! I would have liked to have seen the first episode as it was based around 80 gadgets/computer games etc. I'm assuming this one's an aussie production? as Bob Hawke is featured. Will wait and see.

Michael, Channel 9 updated The Amazing 80s as an Australian version and they're using Australian events and people that changed the eighties but they also using famous Australians talking about each Australian event and person.

Yep, thanks I worked that out after watching the 3 episodes so far. I cringe a bit when I see Aussie celebs making comments. It's a bit like 20 to 1.

> I cringe a bit when I see Aussie celebs making comments. It's a bit like 20 to 1.

I haven't seen this yet, but at your comment. Yes, these shows tend to dig out whatever C or D-grade celebrity (I was going to say Z-grade but thought I'd be nice ) for comments.