Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Retro week 4 - 2/12/84 episode

Thought I'd post a few of my observations/comments on this episode:

Firstly, I'm assuming that 'stiff' on stage during the performance of 'Shake This City' was a dummy?

I loved how Gavin kept calling Alison Moyet's surname as 'MOY'YET'.

Chrissy Amphlett cracked me up with her moves. She sounded like a real Brit and looked and sounded like the kid out of HR Puffnstuff & Oliver. . Also was one of the backing singers in this video, the chick who fronted The Rockmelons in 1985 for 'Time Out For Serious Fun'? Her name escapes me.

I loved how there was a good mix of studio performances and videos and esp. liked how Molly's interviews popped up during the videos, cause watching the same old videos can be a bit boring at times.

I will never be listening to 'Like A Virgin' again and I think it would have to be her worst song!

Re: Retro week 4 - 2/12/84 episode

I noticed the picture quality was a bit off sorts throughout the "live" performances, like it had been edited or something?

Yeah, at times I was thinking the picture looked a bit grainy ie as if I watching one of my 90's Countdowns on VHS tape, or I was watching it in its day.

Ooooh, so I wasn't THE only one who also thought it looked a little grainy. Interesting ...

Yup, grainy in places here too

Sandi Chick is the singer you're thinking of Michael