Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rage Retro Week 4 25th January 2013: Individual Timings Listing, 12.16am start time

and @ James - yes I still have an analogue TV (I know, 'what?' I hear you cry!) and I'm happy the very last Countdown I recorded on it was from 1982.

Next week I'll finally purchase a digital TV - I have to seeing as the analogue signal is switched off forever in Adelaide on April 2.

Although to be totally honest - and having seen many other digital TV's at people's places - I've always thought the analogue picture quality was quite good anyway......

Re: Rage Retro Week 4 25th January 2013: Individual Timings Listing, 12.16am start time

I still use an analogue (though flat screen) TV, with a set top box to receive the digital signal (have done so for the last 5 years). As Rage isn't available in HD anymore, I am in no rush to "upgrade". Plus, 99% of the shows I'm interested in recording were all filmed before HD was around

What happened was the "Australia celebrates" concert live from Sydney from 9.30pm ran grossly overtime - and rather than cut short that meaningless crap plus the two meaningless drivel repeat shows that followed, Rage airtime got reduced as it always does. I remember Rage broadcasts getting chopped back many years ago when some stupid meaningless tennis matches ran overtime - thank got they have got rid of that drivel off the ABC as well. Geez I hate tennis - it is really time to move out of Melbourne while that is on!! The great news was Retro remained untouched - the new release playlist got chopped up - at least some common sense prevailed.