Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 3 eps of Countdown & 1 Rock Arena tonight...

A great pity so much of the 1970's Countdowns and others of the era are gone. Although I find it interesting that what remains has tons of Sherbert clips in them - maybe who destroyed those tapes originally just couldn't part with Sherbert??

abbaluke
Does anyone know what "Target Titles" might mean ? Was "Target" yet another music program on the ABC ? Never heard of it...cool Even better it's from 1976, my favourite year ever of all time

I had never heard of it either but checked my TV Weeks and it was shown in 1976 at 5:45 on weekday afternoons. I wonder how much survived of those shows.

photo tvweek1976b_zpsc50e427d.jpg

I loved Secret Squirrel.

Yes - only segments from the "Target" show survive in the ABC archives - no complete shows - a bit like Flashez until some shows were recovered a number of years ago. Very good to see this valuable piece of footage though, especially the opinions of Sydney teenagers on Sherbet, Bay City Rollers etc. And 1976 - anything from that year is pure gold!!

First time i had ever seen it, didn't even know it existed till last night!

Guru Bob
abbaluke
Does anyone know what "Target Titles" might mean ? Was "Target" yet another music program on the ABC ? Never heard of it...cool Even better it's from 1976, my favourite year ever of all time

I had never heard of it either but checked my TV Weeks and it was shown in 1976 at 5:45 on weekday afternoons. I wonder how much survived of those shows.

photo tvweek1976b_zpsc50e427d.jpg

Target was an unpopular program from the "yoof" department of the ABC. It was terrible. So terrible that ABC Canberra blocked it and instead showed their own locally-produced program called Struth. In mid 1976 Target was axed and replaced by Flashez which became extremely popular as part of the ABC's "The Goodies" afternoon lineup on weekdays.