Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FULL COUNTDOWN LINE UP TONIGHT!

Yes, looks like a good line-up tonight.

I'm not particularly impressed by the fact that although it has been moved from Saturday to Friday, the last week of Retro has lost around 2hrs of valuable retro time.......but it is what it is and I won't go on about it.

I've actually done very well this year with my requests. I requested 8 Countdowns (the same ones I've asked for for years) and had 5 shown this year - a mighty fine effort!

Again I'd love to see a dedicated retro channel on the ABC - they have a vast archive of material that could easily sustain such a move.....one day hopefully they'll do it....

All 3 episodes look fantastic, and none have been shown on Rage before. Love the Non Stop Dancers song Shake This City. I have the clip on YouTube but this will be great to see live, as well as Ganggajang, Models and Electric Pandas.

I am loving this Retro Month but did think they might put in a 1972 Hitscene somewhere for the likes of Dave, Retro Man and Brett.

yes a shame no Hitscene or Countdown Revolution weren't shown. I would have much preferred those in there instead of video clips in between Countdowns/Rock Arenas.

We still have yet to see those 2 remaining Flashez episodes - hope they are shown at some point eventually.

This year has been pretty good though and no repeats which is great - I just want more of it more often!

Guru Bob
All 3 episodes look fantastic, and none have been shown on Rage before. Love the Non Stop Dancers song Shake This City. I have the clip on YouTube but this will be great to see live, as well as Ganggajang, Models and Electric Pandas.

I am loving this Retro Month but did think they might put in a 1972 Hitscene somewhere for the likes of Dave, Retro Man and Brett.

I do agree that rage goes retro should have gone till 6.30 like it always does and from 4 till 6.30 they could have played Hitscene and GTK for the 70s fans as 3 Countdown's is just WOW for me. What do ya do ...

Once again, I am speechless, I have no words, I am without speech! The Billy Field episode has been on the back of my mind for years, but never done anything about it. LOL. Finally get the video for 'True Love'. Of course looking forward to the others and don't forget, we only got 1 Countdown last week of retro in 2012. Very Happy! I will get onto rage facebook now and kiss their arseholes! . This is the first time rage have given us a Countdown from September 1982!

Some great clips in those eps - particularly my fave Oz Crawl song "Daughters Of The Nothern Coast" Dissapointed about the lack of Flashez segments that aren't interviews but hopefully that will be remedied next year. Hitscenes would have been cool & CR doesn't interest me but I know there are many here who enjoy it.

All in all aside from no Flashez and the early finishing time it's not a bad looking night.

Excellent, 2nd of december is my birthday too lol.

Countdown episodes from late 1984/early 1985 are intriguing to me, because I was living in New Zealand at the time and didn't know first-hand what was happening in Australia with pop music during that time (though the New Zealand charts were somewhat similar). I remember watching some Countdown episodes in '84, but obviously missed these later ones.

Alexei
Excellent, 2nd of december is my birthday too lol.

Best avatar ever.

You were after a Countdown featuring Pseudo Echo a while back. Did you end up getting a copy off anyone? I can always run off a copy if you are interested in the next couple of weeks as I have about 2 weeks free from the end of Retro to start of footy season.

The 2/8/81 episode is listed in the archives page as 2/9/81. Needs fixing.

That's excellent Jason. Thanks!

This Retro month 2013 was mostly 1980's with Countdown & Rock Arena episodes. I can't complain as it was great as some songs i haven't heard for 30 years and thanks to these episodes it's got me searching again for new material.

I remember in 2011 there was a huge demand for unaired Countdown 80's episodes in regards to Molly's accident and they didn't deliver much, therefore Rage has made up for it this year.

They should play Countdown every week and not once every January.

Shame they didn't play any of the 1972 Hitscene episodes but who cares.

No Recovery or 10:30 Slot aired at all during this retro month . I hope that doesn't mean we get an onslaught of it next year to make up for its absence.

Am I right in saying the two clips last night for Billy Field "True Love" and Jo Jo Zep "Taxi Mary" are more of those Countdown-produced clips - as these are completely different to the official promo clips (which I have) in both cases.

Also the database lists Australian Crawl "Daughters of the Northern Coast" as a film clip when it should be a studio performance - so there was actual studio performances in this 1982 show after all.

A great show as well.

I don't think 'Taxi Mary' & 'True Love' were official Countdown clips. Just a different take on a studio performance. The archives playlist mentions a video for both these and 'Daughters of The Northern Coast'. Not to worry, as I enjoyed these more. The peformance of 'Daughters...' was a repeat performance. Australian Crawl performed this exact set on 12/9/82 episode.

Have only just caught up on Week 4 - the highlight for me was the August 1981 ep featuring a characteristically glum faced Church and Sharon O'Neil performing live in the studio.
(Mr Kilbey obviously found it very hard to crack a smile back then)