Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ROCK ARENA TONIGHT

SUZANNE DOWLING PRESENTS A SPECIAL ROCK ARENA FEATURING A STEPHEN CUMMINGS CONCERT RECORDED LIVE IN THE STUDIO WITH PERFORMANCES OF 'THIS WONDERFUL LIFE','LOVETOWN','SPEAK WITH FRANKNESS','WHERE IS SHE NOW','I CAN'T FACE THE DAY','MADE MISTAKES','FORBIDDEN TERRITORY','LOVE IS CRUCIAL BUT MONEY THAT'S EVERYTHING','EVERYONE'S A WINNER','LOVESTREAMS' AND 'IN SIEGE OF ROBERT MITCHAM'
4 minutes ago

Re: ROCK ARENA TONIGHT

Jason 'The Moderator'
SUZANNE DOWLING PRESENTS A SPECIAL ROCK ARENA FEATURING A STEPHEN CUMMINGS CONCERT RECORDED LIVE IN THE STUDIO WITH PERFORMANCES OF 'THIS WONDERFUL LIFE','LOVETOWN','SPEAK WITH FRANKNESS','WHERE IS SHE NOW','I CAN'T FACE THE DAY','MADE MISTAKES','FORBIDDEN TERRITORY','LOVE IS CRUCIAL BUT MONEY THAT'S EVERYTHING','EVERYONE'S A WINNER','LOVESTREAMS' AND 'IN SIEGE OF ROBERT MITCHAM'
4 minutes ago

I like Stephen, but I don't recognise any of those songs

Jason will you let him know over on facebook that this is on tonight ? I can do it if you don't have time...

I don't know any of these tracks either!

I'm kind of spewing there is no Another Kick In The Head, Gymnasium, We All make Mistakes and Backstabbers.

I can let him know now

Jason 'The Moderator'
I don't know any of these tracks either!

I'm kind of spewing there is no Another Kick In The Head, Gymnasium, We All make Mistakes and Backstabbers.

Exactly I saw him a couple of times back in the mid-late '80s and he's a funny guy live...well he was back then. I remember he had his eyes closed for most of the time and seemed to be on another planet lol.

It is a live recording of his 1986 LP - This Wonderful Life (follow up to Senso which featured the songs that Jason mentioned). The album got to No.69 on the Australian charts in Oct 1986

He released 2 singles off the album Love Is Crucial (didn't chart) and Speak With Frankness (reached No.83).

I vaguely remember watching this back in the original airing i'm sure.

I liked the Sports and some of his solo stuff.

Good stuff.

Yep, Senso was released in 1984 I know but it would have been nice if he did at least 2 classic from the album but hey.

Stephen is AMAZING so it will be BRILLIANT regardless!

The video 'Speak With Frankness' was shown on Rock Arena - 22 July, 1986, which rage played a few years ago. This episode also featured videos from Tim Finn ('Spiritual Hunger' & 'No Thunder, No Fire, No Rain') and the studio performance of the Hunters with 'The Way To Go Out', which I think was the intro to the show. Remember now?

Rage picked a beauty here.
Been wanting this episode for donkey's.
Actually Guru Bob,all bar 2 songs from This Wonderful Life were performed.The missing 2 were This Is The Way and Ten Very Sad Songs.
And Jason-I notice your appreciation of Stephen Cummings has changed over the years.
I can recall a time or two on this forum where when I've spoke glowingly of the great man,you were either not quite as fanatical or said nothing at all.
Glad to see you've come round since then

John,

I have ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS loved Stephen Cummings!

It' The Sports I am not that fussed about minus How Come. When he went SOLO it was HEAVEN, I ADORE him to pieces! What gave you the idea I didn't like Stephen?

I don't post under every topic or I would be here forever!

He is GENIUS and SUAVE! xoxo

When I spoke of meeting Stephen Cummings on this forum 5 years ago,I didn't see you put in any comments about it and that probably gave me the impression more than anything I've said about his work with The Sports that you weren't such a big fan of his.
Anyway,I'm pleased you've set the record straight (though you should give The Sports more of a chance-you'll be pleasantly surprised).
In my opinion,the man's never made a duff piece of music in his life and one day,he'll get his long overdue induction into the ARIA Hall Of Fame.