Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
3 eps of Countdown & 1 Rock Arena tonight...

Friday, 25 January 2013

12:00am

TARGET TITLES 1976
TARGET Sherbet Special
COUNTDOWN December 2nd, 1984
COUNTDOWN August 2nd, 1981
ROCK ARENA December 16th, 1986

02:30am

COUNTDOWN September 26th, 1982

Re: 3 eps of Countdown & 1 Rock Arena tonight...

Disappointed that we don't get the hour between 10:30 & 11.30, but not surprised really. I think it's a mini JJJ Hottest 100 special of previous winners ?

While it would have been nice to have the extra hour, I'm very happy with week 4 of Retro Month...3 more Countdowns and a Rock Arena (plus some Sherbet) is great news !

And that's it for another year...fingers crossed Retro Month returns in January 2014...

Oh well better than nothing

RETRO MAN
Oh well better than nothing

Personally, I think it's considerably "better than nothing", but that's just me I guess.

Does anyone know what "Target Titles" might mean ? Was "Target" yet another music program on the ABC ? Never heard of it...cool Even better it's from 1976, my favourite year ever of all time

I mean time wise better than nothing considering they were thinking of perhaps scraping Retro 4 all together.

1976 is very cooool

RETRO MAN
I mean time wise better than nothing considering they were thinking of perhaps scraping Reto 4 all together.

I get what you mean, but personally I'm not convinced they were ever considering scrapping it. They only ever said "the alternative was to scrap it all together" after they were pummeled with abuse on their facebook page, but let's not start that discussion again. That's just my interpretation of the sentence...and yours is yours...all cool.

Im not on facebook but Im happy we have some music for tonight.

RETRO MAN
Im not on facebook but Im happy we have some music for tonight.

Yep...another great line-up tonight...amazing !

Wonder what's in the Rock Arena ep...hopefully some nice surprises

Anybody got any info on the Rock Arena episode?????

Gee, no Recovery this year. Maybe they were stung by my comment on Facebook that Recovery was garbage and was put onto the ABC by a former CEO as an "up yours" to the Howard government for appointing conservatives to the ABC board.

I was dreading that the final week of Retro would be '90s night as usual and be taken up by Recovery.

Hoin

I was dreading that the final week of Retro would be '90s night as usual and be taken up by Recovery.

Thank fark it wasn't OMG !

abbaluke

Does anyone know what "Target Titles" might mean ? Was "Target" yet another music program on the ABC ? Never heard of it...cool Even better it's from 1976, my favourite year ever of all time

Was wondering this as well,did a google search and couldn't find anything at all on target titles But as you say it's from 1976 which was a great year.

Bit dissapointed about the lack of Flashez - have to nag Rage re non-interview Flashez segments for 2014!

A great pity so much of the 1970's Countdowns and others of the era are gone. Although I find it interesting that what remains has tons of Sherbert clips in them - maybe who destroyed those tapes originally just couldn't part with Sherbert??

abbaluke

I had never heard of it either but checked my TV Weeks and it was shown in 1976 at 5:45 on weekday afternoons. I wonder how much survived of those shows.

photo tvweek1976b_zpsc50e427d.jpg

I loved Secret Squirrel.

Yes - only segments from the "Target" show survive in the ABC archives - no complete shows - a bit like Flashez until some shows were recovered a number of years ago. Very good to see this valuable piece of footage though, especially the opinions of Sydney teenagers on Sherbet, Bay City Rollers etc. And 1976 - anything from that year is pure gold!!

First time i had ever seen it, didn't even know it existed till last night!

Guru Bob
abbaluke

I had never heard of it either but checked my TV Weeks and it was shown in 1976 at 5:45 on weekday afternoons. I wonder how much survived of those shows.

photo tvweek1976b_zpsc50e427d.jpg

Target was an unpopular program from the "yoof" department of the ABC. It was terrible. So terrible that ABC Canberra blocked it and instead showed their own locally-produced program called Struth. In mid 1976 Target was axed and replaced by Flashez which became extremely popular as part of the ABC's "The Goodies" afternoon lineup on weekdays.