Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
news about final week of retro month

This weeks Tv week mention this saturday nights retro month will move to friday to make way for the best of 2012 Triple J's top 100. This shows how much they think of retro Month.

Re: news about final week of retro month

Yes Adam,

rage think S H I T about retro month. They keep it going because if they didn't there would me MAJOR disputes.

They made the decision to change the date of 'rage goes retro' 4 in the 2nd week of January and did NOT even put ANY details on the rage Website nor did they do an update on Facebook. I had to ask them what was going on when the details in COMING UP' were changed from rage goes retro to JJJ Hottest 100.

The LACK of respect to loyal viewers is APPAULING to me! rage goes retro 4 and the change of date is still NOT advertised on the rage website!

Many people will miss rage goes retro 4 as there is no actual ANNOUNCEMENT!

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

And friday night just won't be the same,we're used to it being on sat nights for 20 years. Ah well at least it's still on.

Might have been better to leave it for this week and have it on the following sat night.

I AGREE, rage should have had it the Saturday after. Trust some Gen Y kids to MESS with the FORMULA!

On the 'positive' side, the next year that Jan 26 falls on a Saturday is 2019, so hopefully the Hottest 100 won't interfere with retro month until at least then.

Rage won't air the Hottest 100 before it airs on JJJ, so there's mercifully no chance of it happening during a year that Jan 26 falls on a Sunday.

Even better news would be if this JJJ and Top 100 nonsense would simply die a quick death - no chance of that I suppose. How you could even find 100 decent songs over the past year which could attract a vote? 99% of the population would not even know what JJJ is full stop.

At least the Rage team did the right thing and still gave us a 4th Retro night.

What would be good is if JJJ actually ended and went off the air for good. I heard talk recently that JJJ is not going to well these days, hopefully that continues and they shut shop FOREVER!

I like how if you click on the 'rage goes Retro! Tune in this Friday night for our last episode in our retro month series' More >' on their website and it takes you straight to info about the Hottest 100! They really don't care about retro month. To them it's just a filler until something else better comes along.

The Suspense is Killing Me.

Jason 'The Moderator'
What would be good is if JJJ actually ended and went off the air for good. I heard talk recently that JJJ is not going to well these days, hopefully that continues and they shut shop FOREVER!

Simply put, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! I agree, and throw out all that alternative s*it.

. I had to reply after the effort you put into your post.

I could post a million yes's and it would not be enough to describe how much I agree - well done though Mark - good try!!