Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WATERMARKS

Somebody could have already posted this, I can't keep up these days this forum is getting really popular.

But did anybody notice that there was no watermark on Saturday night. From at least 1:30am I haven't checked before as yet. I got the Rage and Title and also the Countdown and Date but no ABC watermark on the right hand side?
I am just wondering if anybody else has noticed this?

Re: WATERMARKS

I noticed it on the first weekend but not the other night, what items the other night didn't have the watermark?

Jason 'The Moderator'
I noticed it on the first weekend but not the other night, what items the other night didn't have the watermark?

All of this so far

01:30am
SEX PISTOLS God Save The Queen (Virgin)
SID VICIOUS My Way (Virgin)
GRAHAM PARKER Hey Lord Don't Ask Me Questions
GRAHAM PARKER and THE RUMOUR Hold Back The Night
THE MEMBERS Offshore Banking Business
02:00am
COUNTDOWN March 2nd, 1980
02:30am
COUNTDOWN August 1st, 1982
GTK Interview with Max Merritt and The Meteors, October 23rd, 1970
MAX MERRITT and THE METEORS Memphis Special
04:00am
MAX MERRITT and THE METEORS Rock Special

I haven't checked Rock Arena or the stuff before 1:30am.

I was completely shocked. Maybe it was just Perth?

CRAP, it HAS to be Perth as both Countdown's had the Watermark here!

Can I have copies of BOTH Countdown's with no Watermark ASAP if it's possible. I will pay you what you want so I can check them out!

Maybe the watermark took 2 hours to arrive in Perth with the time difference from the east

When the watermark disappears (it does happen occasionally, like in the first 10 minutes of the first Countdown last night) it is an accident. The watermark is the last thing that is inserted in the transmission chain, sometimes the box that does it goes AWOL, or they fade it out for the promos between shows and forget to fade it back in. If it's off for 10 minutes it automatically comes back on, like last night.

Without creating a new post, I noticed this morning that rage has the 'retro' ABC logo now. Loving it! Better than all their previous images.

They've had that for a couple of weeks and if we must have a watermark then I don't mind this one. A lot better than the large numbers.

Thanks Guru. I was watching another program on the ABC last night and noticed it's the same 'retro' watermark. For some reason, I just thought the watermark was changed only for rage since so many viewers were complaining about the previous images.

So far, rage is watermark-free on the ABC3 repeats during the week. Pity most of it is new release crap though, but they repeat the 10:30-11:30 guest programmer/special segment on Thursday nights at 9:30.

I record 80s videos in 4.3 on my DVD recorder on rage anyway which cuts off the logo all together and from annalysing it, it doesn't chop much off the right side at all, only a tinch of a tinch. I will NOT record with bars, it looks pathetic

I think I only had to adjust my set ratio once, for one clip, an all-too-rare experience these days sadly. Loved the set they played by the way.