Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Who else is p-issed with Saturday mornings song list?JAN 12th

Please just ask me next time before you presume..Your funny

I DON'T care if rage read this forum Luke. I can't stop people from having an opinion nor will I censor any comments on opinions.

rage know FULL WELL how I feel about their lack of advertisement regarding the change of date and it WAS unprofessional that they only just yesterday put that info up on their website. Many people didn't even know there was going to be a rage goes retro 4! Besides that issue I think this years retro months is THE best it's been in a few years and have congratulated rage on it BUT I don't have to KISS THEIR A S S H O L E either!

This is between you and retro man anyway, you and I have had many disagreements regarding rage as well Luke and that's fine, difference of opinion. And once again, I would say what I want to anyone, PERIOD face to face including rage.

One thing I would like to point out regarding actual MUSIC VIDEOS, I don't know why rage scrapped WILD CARD as it was a chance for people to see interesting videos and not the same stuff over and over that programmer's seem to play. So there is actually a bit of a lazy programming thing going on for during the year in the other 11 months. That OZ month in November was a breath of FRESH AIR!

If people want to say their programming is lazy then so be it, I wouldn't let it get to me. Their Countdown programming has been BRILLIANT this year as I said. Yes, I think it was lazy they played Anarchy In The UK and common Sex Pistols videos again this year but it's not a big deal. As I said, as long as there are a decent amounts of unrepeated Countdown's I don't really care

I have had MANY Countdown's played from my request lists over the many years and yeah, would I love to see more from my latest list? OF COURSE, but it's cool, they haven't played ANY repeats so far this year so to have any un repeated Countdown's is PURE BLISS for me!!!

As I have said MANY TIMES, abc 2 NEED to play Countdown, Rock Arena, Hitscene etc! The fact there are like 3 Kids channels is DISGUSTING, this way rage can keep their Alternative JJJ crowd all year around!

Time to cool off guys!

Jason 'The Moderator'

One thing I would like to point out regarding actual MUSIC VIDEOS, I don't know why rage scrapped WILD CARD as it was a chance for people to see interesting videos and not the same stuff over and over that programmer's seem to play. So there is actually a bit of a lazy programming thing going on for during the year in the other 11 months. That OZ month in November was a breath of FRESH AIR!

I agree with you completely regarding the fact that the WILD CARD specials completely stopped. I think we had 4 (or was it 3) in the first year and they were AMAZING !!!! Then the following year maybe one...and that was it.

May I suggest that we kind of collectively dropped the ball with the WILD CARD shows. I know I kept thinking about it, and intended to add some commentary about it but just never got around to it, and I don't remember seeing much comment from anyone else about it either.

It seems evident that the best place to reach the rage team is via farcebook these days, so perhaps we should put WILD CARD requests/suggestions back on the agenda in a couple of months time...when the "dust has settled" from Retro Month...so to say. Just a suggestion.

Yes,

A very good suggestion. I think there should be at least 2 Wild Cards a year.

The fact is the rage guest programmer's lay the SAME OLD stuff over and over. There were a few interesting programmer's last year like Van She and Blood Orange who played some GEMS!

The WILD CARD NEEDS TO RETURN! It's a breath of FRESH AIR during the 11 months of not retro months!

C'mon guys, it's been a long hot nasty summer..... Let's chill out a bit and take a dip. I agree that rage could really lift their efforts (I get pretty bored with the JJJ rubbish), but this has been hashed over a million times, and nothings going to change. I think it's a case of being grateful for what we get. Generally speaking, I've been pretty pleased with all the countdowns this January. I love how there has been a pile of them from the 80s, right on my period, particularly the 1983 1984 1985 1986 era, yippy.

PS: This post might be a bit out of context, I didn't know there was a second page to this thread, woopsie. :)

I agree nothing is gonna change,most likely.Yes at least we still get some Retro and its good that some are happier than others when it comes to getting what you want.You cant please everybody..Im well aware of this.
I also agree that some retro is better than none at all and would be so p-issed if it went altogether.But it doesnt mean we cant say or request things to be better and let them know if necessary that we are not happy or happy with the service we get from this public tv station.I know its a fine line to not upset the little darlings but sometimes they really test ones patience especially people like me who appreciate all types of music not just countdown and have been watching Rage for years.Thank Jason that we have somewhere we can vent our frustration or joy especially most likely with the eminent demise of the Rage message board.

When I notice the requests for the Wild card programming to return I will lend my support to this positive idea.I agree WILD CARDS are our only hope for variety.

Good god, I disappear from the forum for a couple of days and look what happens...All I can say is that Abbaluke, you need to read ALL posts on this forum and ALL our thoughts/ideas before making comments and attacking regular posters here. You seem to pop up at random and give us your thoughts, whether they're good or bad.

Any negative comments (which isn't a hell of a lot) I make about rage on this forum stays on this forum. I never express my anger or disappointment to rage on their forums. I only ever post positive comments to them when they do good. Abbaluke, it sounds like you need to content individuals diretly by email who make these outrageous rude comments to rage, rather than just posting here and putting us in their basket, because it is the only way to express your anger towards them. I have been a regular poster on this forum for about 7 years now and I hate people (could have used other words, but I won't) who come here and cause trouble.

Maybe you should start your own forum where you can talk about all the c@#nts on this forum and what we have to say. Maybe send out an invite to all rage employees to join up?

Michael
I have been a regular poster on this forum for about 7 years now and I hate people (could have used other words, but I won't) who come here and cause trouble.

I don't come here and "cause trouble" Michael, I contribute when I can, and occasionally I put forward an alternative point of view. I'm sorry you find that so objectionable, but frankly I couldn't give a rat's ar$e whether you "hate me" or not.

Anyway, I thought this issue had been discussed, thrashed out, deliberated and we had moved on. Whatever

Michael
Maybe you should start your own forum where you can talk about all the c@#nts on this forum and what we have to say.

I want to make something VERY CLEAR. At no stage have I ever...or will I ever call anyone here a "C U N T". It was that very word, used to describe the rage team, that sent me over the edge when I saw it said here on this forum. After several days of seeing abuse hurled at rage over on facebook...and then coming here and seeing THAT word being fired at them as well, I'd had enough.

Do YOU think that's ok Michael ?

Anyway...Jason can you lock this thread or something, if you think it's appropriate ? Surely as much that needs to be said has been said. All those involved have put their point forward. Now we're just getting spot fires from people who just want to add their 2 cents worth, and not really adding anything of value to the discussion.

I just think it's detracting from other more interesting subject matter

I am not locking this thread but enough now please.

Hey Jason ...just an idea...could you go on facebook and ask people to sign the petition for reruns of everything ABC have in their archives not just countdown but Hitscence GTK....Scott who signed your petition had a good idea maybe you could use his comments on facebook to get more people to sign up for the reruns of everything.Countdown is great but lets aim bigger...lets try to get them right into their archives to show it all before it rots.What do you reckon?

Michael
Maybe you should start your own forum where you can talk about all the c@#nts on this forum and what we have to say. Maybe send out an invite to all rage employees to join up?

I just have to say it.Sorry cant help myself......right on Michael!

One last comment before we move on - Abbaluke, I don't hate you and I didn't use that word. Check how many symbols I used.

1 2