Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FULL INFO FOR 2 COUNTDOWN'S THIS WEEKEND

Year:1980
Date:02/03/1980
Show no:229
Summary:GUEST PRESENTER IS JUDIE TZUKE.
LIVE STUDIO ITEMS:
JOHN ST PEETERS 'WONDERWORLD'
SHERBS 'NEVER SURRENDER'
ALIENS 'FOLLOW THAT GIRL'
JUDIE TZUKE 'STAY WITH ME TILL DAWN'
OVERSEAS ARTISTS VIDEO CLIPS:
PRETENDERS 'BRASS IN POCKET'
CHARLIE DORE 'PILOT OF THE AIRWAVES'
MAJOR MATCHBOX 'ROCKABILLY REBEL'
SPECIALS 'MESSAGE TO YOU RUDI'
PATRICK D MARTIN 'I LIKE 'LECTRIC MOTORS'
LINDA RONSTADT 'MAD LOVE','HURT SO BAD','HOW DO I MAKE YOU'
MICHAEL JACKSON 'ROCK WITH YOU'
CHARTBUSTERS:
SPLIT ENZ 'I GOT YOU'
SPORTS 'STRANGERS ON A TRAIN'
CLIFF RICHARD 'CARRIE'
HUMDRUM ITEMS:
STEVIE WRIGHT 'EVIE'
PETER ALLEN 'DON'T WISH TOO HARD'
ELLEN FOLEY 'STUPID GIRL'
TOP TEN ITEMS:
JUDIE TZUKE 'STAY WITH ME TILL DAWN'
CHRISTIE ALLEN 'HE'S MY NUMBER ONE'
K C & THE SUNSHINE BAND 'PLEASE DON'T GO'
PINK FLOYD 'ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL'
MICHAEL JACKSON 'DON'T STOP TILL YOU GET ENOUGH'
RUPERT HOLMES 'ESCAPE'
JACKSONS 'BLAME IT ON THE BOOGIE'
CAPTAIN & TENILLE 'DO THAT TO ME ONE MORE TIME'
COLLEEN HEWETT 'DREAMING MY DREAMS OF YOU'
QUEEN 'CRAZY LITTLE THING CALLED LOVE'

Year:1982
Date:01/08/1982
Show no:339
Summary:THE SHOW IS HOSTED BY GRACE KNIGHT AND BERNIE LYNCH FROM THE EUROGLIDERS.
LIVE STUDIO ITEMS:
SHERBS 'DON'T THROW IT ALL AWAY'
LITTLE HEROES 'YOUNG HEARTS'
GLORIE & THE GLOBOS 'TINTARELLA DI LUNA'
LOCAL ARTISTS VIDEO CLIPS:
INXS 'ONE THING'
EUROGLIDERS 'WITHOUT YOU'
OVERSEAS ARTISTS VIDEO CLIPS:
WAITRESSES 'I KNOW WHAT BOYS LIKE'
MADNESS 'HOUSE OF FUN'
STEVE MILLER 'ABRACADABRA'
JOHN COUGAR, LATER KNOWN AS JOHN COUGAR MELLENCAMP AND
JOHN MELLENCAMP 'HURTS SO GOOD'
DONNA SUMMER 'LOVE IS IN CONTROL'
PAUL MCCARTNEY 'TAKE IT AWAY'
CHARTBUSTERS:
JOAN JETT & THE BLACKHEARTS 'CRIMSON & CLOVER'
HOT CHOCOLATE 'GIRL CRAZY'
ADAM ANT 'GOODY TWO SHOES'
YAZOO 'ONLY YOU'
HUMDRUM:
ORPHANS 'BIG RONNIE'
MENTAL AS ANYTHING 'I DIDN'T MEAN TO BE MEAN'
TOP TEN ITEMS:
ROXY MUSIC 'MORE THAN THIS'
ADAM ANT 'GOODY TWO SHOES'
BERTIE HIGGINS 'KEY LARGO'
KIM WILDE 'VIEW FROM A BRIDGE'
DURAN DURAN 'HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF'
JOAN JETT & THE BLACKHEARTS 'CRIMSON & CLOVER'
ABC 'POISON ARROW'
SPLIT ENZ 'SIX MONTHS IN A LEAKY BOAT'
CHARLENE 'I'VE NEVER BEEN TO ME'
FLOCK OF SEAGULLS 'I RAN'

Many of you are getting your 1982 Grace Knight episode played this weekend, is till don't get what is so special about the episode as there isn't anything that RARE. But hey, it's 1982 so YAY

Re: FULL INFO FOR 2 COUNTDOWN'S THIS WEEKEND

a 1982 episode is always welcome!

INDEED Gary, 1982 was THE best Countdown year

Countdown doesn't start til 2am!

These are the positives about this week - 2 good unscreened episodes of Countdown and both are highest on the request lists for those two years. We can say a lot of negative things about the Rage team (including me) but one thing I will say is that they do listen to peoples requests - at least some of the time. I just knew this 1980 episode with Judie Tzuke was coming up when the Rage team rechecked the episode details on facebook with one of our regulars (Stephen). Very pleased to see they are showing it so quickly. This show will be a highlight of the night!! We even get to see that amazingly wonderful "Lectric Motors" clip again!!

YES (Brett 2) !

I LOVE the face that "Lectric Motors" is being played again too!

So glad Countdown tried to push it in March, 1980. Very impressive ...

I AM OBSESSED WITH IT!!!

John St. Peeters - Wonderworld. I hadn't heard that before but when it started playing I was expecting Simon Townsend to make an appearance. So that's where Simon Townsend's Wonderworld theme was from. Judie was a great presenter.

Eurogliders were entertaining hosts and was surprised that Without You was a live version as I expected the clip to be played - added bonus. Also a rare live performance from Sherbs.

Yes, I had a feeling 'Without You' was a studio performance. Great to have 2 versions of it now. I thought, surely if they're hosting they will sing it live esp. since they were still new to the music scene and I couldn't imagine them being lazy and throwing to the music video. One thing I did notice while watching Grace peform, that she has stage moves similar to someone else. I kept thinking and thinking and then it struck me, some of her moves are very similar to Ross Wilson during the Mondo Rock Countdown days. Was that Bernie wearing 'leg warmers' whilst hosting? WTF? I spun out when I realised it was him performing in the 30/3/80 Racey episode fronting 'The Stockings'. Judie was very sweet and innocent, this was probably one of my fave 1980 episodes so far.

Two absolutely great episodes of Countdown - the 1980 one I have been chasing for years and years in order to get hold of more super-rare studio performances and film clips - the Charlie Dore clip for example is virtually extinct these days other than for this episode of Countdown which was the only time it was ever shown here (Other than "Sounds"). Yes - Simon Townsends "Wonder World" theme was done by John St Peters but I had no idea he ever did this on Countdown - my lack of attention to the show listings is apparent. Anything from these years that has not been screened is very worthwhile - there are things of interest still on all the unseen shows from 1980/81/82 (and beyond)

The 1980 episode was a good one. I assume 'Wonder World' was peformed on the show, as it was released as a single and it was on his album.

I loved the 1980 episode of course.

How gorgeous was Judie Tzuke back then, it also appeared that she sung live and not mime. I was only 12yo at the time.

Countdown was notorious for not allowing artists to perform live on the show.

Hence Midnight Oil never appearing of course.

Sad to hear that Poly Styrene had passed away a couple of years ago.

Watching that interview, she appeared so innocent looking and carefree....A bit of research though, shows she had already lived an interesting life to that point of the interview.

Judy Tzuke's album 'Welcome to the Cruise' was a favourite album of the time for me. So was the follow up album 'Sportscar'. So it was great to see these two albums re-issued on CD a few years ago and even better now to see this episode played.

Judie definitely sang live on Countdown, as her vocal is a bit different to the studio version.

stephen

Sad to hear that Poly Styrene had passed away a couple of years ago.

Watching that interview, she appeared so innocent looking and carefree....A bit of research though, shows she had already lived an interesting life to that point of the interview.[/quote

Oh, that's so sad.
Never realised she had died.
Found her to be so irrepressable but at the same time quite sweet amd so very young and full of life in this interview.

I had to laugh at Molly's dog yawning during Humdrum.

brett
I had to laugh at Molly's dog yawning during Humdrum.

He,He,He, He

Does Molly name all his dogs 'Ziggy'?

Here's One Problem, i have both episodes taped off my DVR Player and there no good. Because the Reception of ABC1 through the Antenna was Dodgy.