Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rage Retro Week 2 info from Rage site - 12:21am start time

It’s that time of year again! Rage is going retro. This Saturday night we air the second episode in our month long retro series; which includes two full length episodes of Countdown, a 1985 episode of Rock Arena, a live Cold Chisel performance from 1978, a 1970 interview with Max Merritt and The Meteors on GTK plus interviews with the Sex Pistols, Billy Idol, The Rolling Stones and Poly Styrene.

Saturday morning between 10.30- 11.30 am rage will preview the upcoming nights retro episode. The morning will feature Interviews with Skyhooks on GTK in 1975, Red Symons on Flashez in 1977, Davey Jones on GTK and Roy Orbison in 1965. The morning special will also feature clips from Graham Parker, Sex Pistols, The Ronettes, The Monkees, Skyhooks and more.

COUNTDOWN SUMMARY:

COUNTDOWN: SHOW 229

Date Of Transmission: 02-Mar-1980

Summary:

This episode of Countdown is guest hosted by Judie Tzuke and includes live performances by John St Peters, The Sherbs, Aliens and Judie Tzuke. The show includes clips by The Specials, Charlie Dore, The Pretenders, Major Matchbox and more. Molly Meldrum presents Humdrum.

COUNTDOWN: SHOW 339

Date Of Transmission: 01-Aug-1982

Summary:

Guest hosted by Grace Knight and Bernie Lynch from The Eurogliders. The show features Live Studio performances by The Sherbs, Little Heroes, The Globos and The Eurogliders. Music clips from The Waitress, Yazoo, Madness, INXS, Donna Summer and many more gems are included in this Countdown episode.

Also in Saturday night’s line-up...

An episode of Rock Arena from 1985 which features Sydney band Flotsam Jetsam live in the ABC Studio, an interview with Paul Weller from Style Council. The Rock Arena episode also includes music video clips from Bryan Ferry, The Jam and John Cougar Mellencamp.

A special 1978 Cold Chisel performance in the 2jj Studio.
A 1970 GTK interview with Max Merritt and The Meteors, plus two special performances with the band at the ABC studios.

Interviews with the Sex Pistols, Billy Idol, The Rolling Stones and Poly Styrene. Segments from ‘This Day Tonight’ featuring B.B King and punk music and a 1981 ABC special ‘Punk Rock in Perth’ .

Also featured are music video clips from Graham Parker, The Members, Generation X, X-Ray Spex and many more.

Re: Rage Retro Week 2 info from Rage site - 12:21am start time

Fantastic! . Jason, email Grace and let her know she's hosting Countdown this Saturday night!

Only 2 Episodes, arghhhhhhhh

While I'm happy to see Flashez clips I'd prefer to see the ones that deal with culture/society in the 70's rather than interviews with pop stars. I think I'll have to put in a request for more non-interview Flashez segments in 2014.