Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Episode 229 2nd March 1980 requested

I put in a request for the Judie Tzuke hosted episode from 2nd March 1980

RAGE have contacted me asking for the original aired date, so fingers crossed they are looking at finding and playing it this January.

Re: Episode 229 2nd March 1980 requested

Cool. I'll mention the episode too on facebook now.

YAY, been requesting that for years ...

I remember someone here saying that Molly and Judie had a bit of a thing going on? Can't recall the full details. I think Guru Bob mentioned it?

This is also my most wanted Countdown show of all - fingers crossed they dig it out in the coming 3 weeks!!

I cant believe they found it straight away and are playing it this week.

Over the moon

The Eurogliders episode is also finally being played.

stephen
I cant believe they found it straight away and are playing it this week.

Over the moon

The Eurogliders episode is also finally being played.

I don't think they found it straight away but it certainly helps when multiple people request the same items. When we held a poll here 2 years ago on Countdowns that we wanted to see, we got 7 episodes shown last year and so far all the episodes this year except for the Racey one were also from the same list.

The list was submitted in July 2011 - see here for the link:
http://www2b.abc.net.au/tmb/Client/Message.aspx?b=164&m=7401&ps=50&dm=1&pd=3

The top 4 shows that we asked for from each year were:
11 votes Aug 3 (Dugites) - shown 14/1/2012
5 votes March 2 (Judie Tzuke) - to be shown this week
4 votes Aug 17 (radio DJ's)
3 votes Sept 28 (individual bands)

10 votes (5 people) May 17 (Ignatius Jones)
10 votes (4 people) May 10 (Sheena Easton) - shown 14/1/2012
3 votes Feb 22 (Little Nell)
3 votes Sept 29 (standby program Wendy Stapleton)

7 votes Aug 1 (Eurogliders) - to be shown this week
4 votes Sept 26 (Billy Field)
4 votes April 25 (Split Enz)
3 votes Sept 5 (Billy Miller)

9 votes May 8 (Eurogliders)
6 votes June 19 (Bonnie Tyler) - shown 5/1/2013
5 votes April 10 (Globos)
4 votes May 22 (Molly)

9 votes Nov 4 (Lyn Buckfield) - shown 21/1/2012
7 votes Dec 2 (Molly)
6 votes Oct 14 (Los Trios Ringbarkus)
3 votes Dec 9 (Molly) - shown 5/1/2013

6 votes March 24 (Spandau Ballet) - shown 21/1/2012
6 votes April 14 (Tom Carroll) - shown 28/1/2012
5 votes Nov 10 (Koo De Tah)
3 votes Oct 13 (Lyn Buckfield)

10 votes July 20 (Russell Mulcahy) - shown 21/1/2012
3 votes Nov 2 (Elton John)
3 votes May 25 (Video Story Board)
3 votes June 15 (Brian Canham)

13 votes March 22 (Chantoozies) - shown 21/1/2012
6 votes Feb 22 (David Reyne)
5 votes March 15 (Cockroaches) - shown 5/1/2013
4 votes May 31 (Painters & Dockers)

Rage do listen and I am very appreciative of that fact.

Out of curiosity, why is the 1982 Grace Knight hosted Countdown so important to many of you?

I am GLAD GLAD GLAD 1982 is being played but most of the performances on this show have been played before and the videos aren't that RARE on this episode...

It's one that I just wanted to see for a long time, mainly as a Eurogliders fan for the rare clip of Without You and their first shot at hosting, but even after they showed Without You on a Wildcard I still think it is one of the better 1982 shows that hasn't aired yet. Very happy.

I want 29/08/1982 - The FABULOUS studio performance from Jane Scali with "Having A Good Time" is heavenly as is the set AND Dynamic Hypnotics studio performance for "Hepnobeat"

BUT

I wanted the 1st show of 1982 with The Human League in Berlin and Classix Nouveaux PLUS the Carol Pope episodes the most from 1982 and they have already been played Watermark free so pheeeeeeeew!

Jason 'The Moderator'
Out of curiosity, why is the 1982 Grace Knight hosted Countdown so important to many of you?

I am GLAD GLAD GLAD 1982 is being played but most of the performances on this show have been played before and the videos aren't that RARE on this episode...

I was after any episode hosted by the Eurogliders. Just between you and me (ha ha ha) the May '83 episode would have been my choice of the two Eurogliders episodes...and I'm really happy that Patrick gets this episode after years of trying.

2/3/80 Judie Tzuke episode - It says on Wikipedia that "Stay With Me Till Dawn" was a No.1 hit in Australia? Didn't it only get to about No.7?

Michael
2/3/80 Judie Tzuke episode - It says on Wikipedia that "Stay With Me Till Dawn" was a No.1 hit in Australia? Didn't it only get to about No.7?

It got to No.8 on the official Australian charts but may have gone higher in other areas. On the Melbourne 3XY charts it got to No.3. It may have gone to No.1 on a local survey somewhere.

Photobucket

Wiki is a handy guide but it would pay to cross reference some things written there. You can find some very funny items there.

Thanks Guru. I see in the chart there was a new version of "C'cmon Aussie C'mon" released a year later after the original? I never knew of this. Do you know if it sounds too different from the original?

Yeah, never take in 100% of what Wikipedia says. I remember when I first got onto it and looked up 'Australian Crawl', it had info about band member Simon Binks in a car accident and then next time I looked on Wiki he actually contributed to it and said 'Who wrote this'? This is not true'. Very funny. Most of the time I get onto Wikpedia to check music releases, dates and chart placings. If I know some are 100% wrong, I do correct them.

Michael
Thanks Guru. I see in the chart there was a new version of "C'mon Aussie C'mon" released a year later after the original? I never knew of this. Do you know if it sounds too different from the original?

My record player isn't currently hooked up but from memory it was the same jingle with different lyrics. It didn't do as well as the original on the charts but still went Top 10 here in Melbourne.

photo mojosingers_zps109c8edc.jpg

I found Howzat - The Packer Story mini-series last year was really interesting, including where they re-create the writing of the song.

It was also adapted to other things. I uploaded a clip to YouTube where Jackie Love sings a football version of it prior to the 1983 SANFL Grand Final (about 2 min in) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeqfcTjUpWI

Yeah, I enjoyed "Kerry Packers War" and it was great to see them creating the lyrics to the song. Of course it only went for a few minutes, but I would have loved to have seen it turn into a 1hour doco on it!