Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
YELLOW MAGIC ORCHESTRA In Concert on Rock Arena, 1986 (ABC)

Jason
This may interest you. Being played Saturday night on Rage, judging by the times it will only be one track.

Re: YELLOW MAGIC ORCHESTRA In Concert on Rock Arena, 1986 (ABC)

O-M-G Guru,

Thanks! Was going to look at the Playlist tomorrow.

How brilliant, FINALLY! Some YMO on rage!!!

The programmer is playing the video of Computer Games and then YES, I can see that it says YMO In Concert on Rock Arena, hmmmmm.... Wonder why it says that for just one song? I wonder if they will play the whole thing? I am SO intrigued now!!!

I SO want that whole Rock Arena episode I have been waiting for years...

And WOW WOW WOW WOOOOOOOOOOW WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW ! Jean Michel Jarre's Zoolook Which I have been DESPERATE to have for YEARS!!!

Double O-M-G!!!! the programmer's are playing my FAVOURITE YMO track Technopolis in the morning slot! GEZUS!!!! All these videos I have been LONGING to have SO desperately for years are getting played on rage this weekend! Thank goodness for the guest programmer's giving me this gift as rage would NEVER play them on their own accord!

Jason 'The Moderator'
O-M-G Guru,

Thanks! Was going to look at the Playlist tomorrow.

How brilliant, FINALLY! Some YMO on rage!!!

The programmer is playing the video of Computer Games and then YES, I can see that it says YMO In Concert on Rock Arena, hmmmmm.... Wonder why it says that for just one song? I wonder if they will play the whole thing? I am SO intrigued now!!!

I SO want that whole Rock Arena episode I have been waiting for years...

And WOW WOW WOW WOOOOOOOOOOW WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW ! Jean Michel Jarre's Zoolook Which I have been DESPERATE to have for YEARS!!!

Double O-M-G!!!! the programmer's are playing my FAVOURITE YMO track Technopolis in the morning slot! GEZUS!!!! All these videos I have been LONGING to have SO desperately for years are getting played on rage this weekend! Thank goodness for the guest programmer's giving me this gift as rage would NEVER play them on their own accord!

Hi Jason

If you are interested as well I have Zoolook as a nice and clean video as well as Zoolookologie plus about 10 or 11 other videos of his. If you are looking for anything else of his then let me know as well?

Don't know this band, but I'll give them a go.

I looked at the playlist and it looks like 30 minutes dedictated to the concert special from Rock Arena, as 8 songs don't take up 1 hour. The '5.00am' shouldn't be there. It should be 4.30am, then 5.30am. Hope that makes sense.

OKAY!

I am SO pleased, rage moderator got back to me in 5 minute frames on Facebook. SO much better than the message board. Here's the conversation from late last night!

Jason to rage on facebook:

O-M-G! Jean Michel Jarre's Zoolook this weekend on rage! I have been longing for this video for years! I am SOOOO excited, thank goodness to the guest programmer's this weekend! AND AND AND YMO Technopolis which I equally have been LONGING for, for aggges! AND then at night more YMO with Computer Games AND I have been asking rage for years to play the Rock Arena live in concert with YMO, but on the rage list it says it only last for a few minutes but says YMO in concert? I am confused?

rage: The YMO concert goes for about 30min. Been keeping it up our sleeves since found the tapes a few months ago after much searching!

Jason: WOW! Thanks rage I asked for this a few years in a row over the years and NEVER thought it would be played. Quick reply, what a GEM of a weekend with all these TREATS!!! Out of curiosity, has the I'm Talking live on Rock Arena been found as well? The YMO and I'm Talking are the 2 episodes I have been asking rage for, for years. I am SO thankful, how GREAT of you guys to screen the YMO Rock Arena before January!

rage: Will check the vault for I'm Talking and see what we can find.

OH MY GAWD! If they play I'm Talking I will DIE!!!!!! At Michael, I am a HUGE YMO fan so if your into Electronic music you will love the Rock Arena tonight. If not you won't like them...

This is the episode that the YMO performance is from that will be on tonight. It would be nice if they played the intro by Suzanne Dowling as well. Retro month starts early.

November 15 1986
SUZANNE DOWLING PRESENTS ROCK ARENA WITH FEATURED SPECIAL OF YELLOW MAGIC ORCHESTRA IN CONCERT;OTHER VIDEOS ARE ARETHA FRANKLIN 'JUMPIN JACK FLASH','MODELS 'CUT LUNCH','BARBADOS' & 'LET'S KISS',NEIL YOUNG 'TOUCH THE NIGHT' & 'WEIGHT OF THE WORLD';OPENING TITLES HUNTERS & COLLECTORS 'THE WAY TO GO OUT'

I HOPE HOP HOP they play the intro with Miss Dowling xoxoxoxo But I doubt it :-(

Still, I have wanted this show for AGES and I can't believe Rock Arena with YMO is on before January! It's NEVER happened!!!

I LOVE January come early!!!

I recorded the YMO concert onto disc, completely not knowing who they were (didn't check Wiki prior) then had a look at it Sunday morning and 'NO', I am not into electronic music.....So, anyone who missed it and wants the disc, it's all yours. Email me and I'll post it ASAP.

I was disappointed that Suzanne Dowling didn't intro the concert, but then again, they would have had to edit it as she would have given the whole rundown of the show, which of course they weren't showing.

Jason, I am hanging out to see the I'm Talking episode too and I know you've requested it for as long as I have been on this forum. Is it from late '84? Would be great to watch a very young Kate at 17 and see them perform to a crowd before they were on the cusp of chart success. Also, are you going by 'Jason' on rage facebook, rather than your alias?

Michael,

How can you love the 80s but not like Electronic music? That very much so puzzles me!

And yes, going as Jason on the rage facebook page as that is my profile so I can't change it on the rage facebook page

. Maybe I should have said 'Electronic' music ie the type of music that relies heavily on little or no lyrics and sounds dated IMO. Of course I am a huge fan of the 80's but lean towards Top 50 artists. Yes, of course, rage on facebook would mean you would have to use your own profile.

Ok,

I love the more obscure 80s and in the 80s loved what was less commercial then as well.

I didn't really discover 80's music (mainly 1980-1985) until the mid 90's. I guess that's why I focus more on the commercial stuff as it was/is more accessable.

Hi Michael

I actually missed this, did anyone grab the disc already off you?

Cheers

leigh

lateleigh@gmail.com

Hi Leigh. No, you are the first one to ask for it. It was only yesterday arvo that I was tempted to throw it out. I'm glad it's going to someone who really wants it and appreciates it - email me your postal address and I'll post it ASAP. Cheers.