Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rage 50 errors

Every year since the Rage 50 has been running (2009), it's been a tradition that I glance through the voting options to find interesting mistakes of old clips appearing, and this year is no exception. Here's some errors I spotted:

BELLE STAR, THE - Sweet Memory [wow! They mean the Belle Stars, obviously]
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN - Rosalita
BRYAN ADAMS - Straight From The Heart
BUSH - Little Things
CLASH, THE - White Riot
DAVE STEWART AND BARBARA GASKIN - The Locomotion
DIXIE CHICKS - Not Ready To Make Nice
KORGIS, THE - Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime
PET SHOP BOYS - Before
QUARTERFLASH - Take Me To Heart
ROBERT PALMER - Didn't Mean To Turn You On
SAM BROWN - Stop
SKID ROW - 18 + Life
TEXAS - I Don't Want A Lover

And not an error, but how strange they didn't air this once, despite having it in their library :

MADONNA - Turn Up The Radio

I didn't know they had this either, which they've never aired:

MARLON ROUDETTE - New Age

(he's Cameron McVey, Neneh Cherry's husband & of Morgan McVey's son)

Re: Rage 50 errors

The Numbers - Dreams From Yesterday (1982)
Michael Sembello - Automatic Man (1983)
Mother Goose - Find A Way Out (1983)
Roberta Flack & Peabo Bryson - Tonight I Celebrate My Love For You (1983)
Rupert B - No Way To Be In Love (1983)
Russell Morris & The Rubes - Get It Right (1982)
Sacred Cowboys - Nothing Grows In Texas (1982)
The Smiths - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (1986)
Solid Citizens - Singing In The Shower (1984)
They Might Be Giants - They'll Need A Crane (1988)
The Tourists (later became Eurythmics) - Deadly Kiss (1980)
UB40 - Our Own Song (1986)
The Valentines - Nick Nack Paddy Whack (1969)
Young Homebuyers - Take One Step (1982)

Thanks for that Guru. I knew I would have missed a few.

No probs,
Mine was also just a quick check as artists from the 80's stand out to me, although I am sure I would still have missed a few.

I have posted that list on the Rage Messageboard as well in the thread started by "repined on venus"

Some of those clips I have not seen on Rage so they will just have been clips that they recently picked up and may be planning to show for Retro.

Guru Bob

Some of those clips I have not seen on Rage so they will just have been clips that they recently picked up and may be planning to show for Retro.

Not necessarily, unfortunately. They still haven't aired Morris Minor & The Majors' 'This Is the Chorus' (I'd like to think it's in with a chance after the Rick Astley guest programming) or Alannah Myles' 'Love Is', among others, which have appeared on previous Rage 50 lists mistakenly.

Which 'Rage 50' is this? Is this where you vote for your fave video of 2012? Have they mistakingly put in this videos in the voting list? I'm confused!

Yes, the Rage 50 list for 2012 has or had a few incorrect entries to choose from. It's an annual occurrence.

What a c o c k up! No attention to detail. They should employ me. I have a lot of attention to detail!

Maybe we should all vote for an 80's vid repeatedly. Wouldn't it be funny if it made the Top 50 or No.1 Serious, we should do it.

Unfortunately, the terms and conditions said only clips from this year are eligible. I think what's happening is that they are taking all the clips from the playlist and while they are taking care to remove older clips that were shown from the vault, some titles are slipping through. I hope they don't falsify chart entries. I could be wrong, though I suspect that could have been occurring in previous years countdowns.