Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OMFG!!!! PEL MEL Pandemonium

rage are ACTUALLY playing PEL MEL with my FAV track from them, Pandemonium! Tomorrow morning in between 9:30-10:00 am !!!

Re: OMFG!!!! PEL MEL Pandemonium

Last week was fantastic as well - I see there were lots of Aus gems on Saturday morning which unfortunately I missed.

Will make sure to watch tomorrow morning though...

Same here! Will be tuning in for Pel Mel and:

Hot Chilli Woman - Noiseworks
That's When I Think Of You - 1927
I Want You Back - Hoodoo Gurus
Hammerhead - James Reyne

Everything else rage are playing in the OZ Special is CRAP from me minus Inxs which I have all those clips and Countdown Performance. Hammerhead is ok but I have a copy from a dvd compilation with no watermark.

PEL MEL, OMG... That's all i care about, YAY!

Great to see 1927's 'That's When I Think of You'. I missed it when it aired last year at some random time on a Friday night. Good to see 'Hammerhead' too.

They've got one week of Oz retro after this, I might suggest some videos on the forum (though I guess fat chance of them airing)... like Boxcar's 'Gas Stop'.

Pel Mel is another absolute highlight. Great to see a few rare tracks have been unearthed.

Interesting that Grinspoon have chosen to play Paul Lekakis - Boom Boom. Rage obviously don't have the original clip so they are showing the Countdown audience dancing version which was shown on VH1 a few years back.

LOL. Guru, you didn't give rage one of your Beta tapes?

Was anybody elses Pel Mel video quite bad at the beginning?

Lee, the video had red tape marks through the beginning. It is RARE and obviously it has been taken from a 1983/1984 tape. Still GLAD to have it!

Lee

Lee, I have been trying to contact you, please email me.

Michael, I have already also told Lee that the Pel Mel had tape wear on it in the beginning. Nothing wrong with your signal, it hasn't been played since 1983 and it has age wear, you can tell 101%

LOL. Yeah I know. That's why I made the silly comment that Guru must have given rage one of his beta tapes because it was looking a bit wobbly at the start. My calling out to Lee is in regards to a trade, not sourcing a better copy of Pandemonium. Cheers.

Michael
Lee

Lee, I have been trying to contact you, please email me.

Hi Michael

I have sent you 2 emails. Can you let me know if you have got them

CU

Yes. Actioned and closed.

What an absolute delight to finally see that Pel Mel music clip "Pandemonium" again. Vaguely remember seeing it back in the day. Still waiting for I'm Talking "Someday" and Tina Arena "The Machine's Breaking Down" which I requested for Aus Music month. Perhaps these clips will hopefully turn up in the Summer Retro programming month with plenty of fresh "Countdown" that has yet to be re-aired. I too preferred this song of Pel Mel over the "No Word From China" song which was their most noted. Good to see "The Naturals" 2 music clips this morning. I had forgotten about that band with lead female singer known as simply Beth.

Scott, I too am DESPERATE for I'm Talking with Someday.

I requested it over and over and the Moderator told me years ago that they don't have it :-(

Tina Arena's The Machines Breaking Down is also one that MYST be aired! When she was good!

Scott
What an absolute delight to finally see that Pel Mel music clip "Pandemonium" again. Vaguely remember seeing it back in the day. Still waiting for I'm Talking "Someday" and Tina Arena "The Machine's Breaking Down" which I requested for Aus Music month. Perhaps these clips will hopefully turn up in the Summer Retro programming month with plenty of fresh "Countdown" that has yet to be re-aired. I too preferred this song of Pel Mel over the "No Word From China" song which was their most noted. Good to see "The Naturals" 2 music clips this morning. I had forgotten about that band with lead female singer known as simply Beth.

I luuuuurve No Word From China BUT I do prefer Pandemonium. It's SUCH a PERFECT track with amazzzing energy!!!