Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rage Countdown requests for Jan. 2013

It's time rage got bombarded with our Countdown requests for January 2013?

Re: rage Countdown requests for Jan. 2013

That time of the year again is it? Hopefully Rage will show more Countdowns next January....I have quite a few I want aired, as I'm sure many others do as well...

Here's my Countdown requests for Rage 2013 Retro season:
September 29 1981 Wendy Stapleton (Wendy & The Rocketts) (standby program)
January 3 1982 Molly (Summer Special #3 New Zealand Invasion)
January 10 1982 Molly (Summer Special #4 Export bands)
28-Sep-1986 and 04-Oct-1986 Episode 528

June 23rd 1984 :p

Or just any episodes before 1986 with Pseudo Echo :D

I'm thinking you mean 24/6/84, which has already been shown OR 17/6/84 which is also 23/6/84 (Countdown Saturday) which has also been shown.

Alexei,

rage have played pretty much ALL of Pseudo Echo on Countdown MINUS their first appearance of Listening which IS available on the COUNTDOWN WONDER YEARS dvd. Also a 1985 Brian Canham hosted in 1985 which rage haven't played but I have a copy...

Nuts! I have missed them ALL!!!! when in 1985 was that?? And BTW Jason it would be immensely awesome if you could at some point record your tapes with Imovie or something and put them on dailymotion, just a suggestion :-) I think the only thing this site is missing is actual episodes of countdown.

I HAVE started to put little clips up on my Sound And Vision section of countdownmemories and I will add more, I promise!

I got onto the rage messageboard, and along with a couple of my requests (Elton John and John Farnham from Nov '86), I asked them if they are going to ignore our requests, could they PLEASE play episodes that have a live studio audience - as these episodes have a lot more excitement and energy.

AND

Guru, thanks for posting the CM forum polling results again for most wanted Countdown episodes from the 80's.

alexei
June 23rd 1984 :p

Or just any episodes before 1986 with Pseudo Echo :D

Alexei
Here is a list of Pseudo Echo live performances on Countdown and when they were shown on Rage:

PSEUDO ECHO LISTENING 26-Jun-83 (episode has never been shown)
PSEUDO ECHO LISTENING 18-Dec-83 (shown on Rage 2006)
PSEUDO ECHO A BEAT FOR YOU 15-Apr-84 (shown on Rage 1998)
PSEUDO ECHO DANCING UNTIL MIDNIGHT 17-Jun-84 (shown on Rage 2010)
PSEUDO ECHO STRANGER IN ME 27-Oct-84 (shown on Rage 1993, 1996, 2011)
PSEUDO ECHO DON'T GO 27-Oct-85 (episode has never been shown)
PSEUDO ECHO LOVE AN ADVENTURE 16-Feb-86 (episode has never been shown)
PSEUDO ECHO LIVING IN A DREAM 20-Apr-86 (shown on Rage 2007)
PSEUDO ECHO LIVING IN A DREAM 15-Jun-86 (episode has never been shown)
PSEUDO ECHO TRY 7-Sep-86 (episode has never been shown)
PSEUDO ECHO TRY 5-Oct-86 (shown on Rage 2007)
PSEUDO ECHO LISTENING 19-Jul-87 (shown on Rage 1995)
PSEUDO ECHO EYE OF THE STORM 10-Jul-89 (episode has never been shown)

Therefore there are 2 episodes pre 1986 that have not aired and would be great to see:

Their Countdown debut on June 26 1983 episode has never been shown although the Countdown produced clip has been released on DVD. That episode also has clips for Mi-Sex, Yazoo, Men At Work, Donna Summer, Wham, Rod Stewart and Mental As Anything

Oct 27 1985 hosted by Kids In The Kitchen has Pseudo Echo performing Don't Go live along with Kids and John Swan. Clips from Icehouse, Mark Edwards, The Cure, Kate Bush, Redbox and Simple Minds.

Other episodes to consider from 1986 would be:

Feb 16 1986 hosted by Martin Plaza has Love An Adventure live along with Divinyls and GANGgajang.

June 15 1986 would be a great selection as it was hosted by Brian Canham, Pseudo's perform Living In A Dream and other live acts are Flotsam Jetsam and a-ha

Oct 5 1986 has Pseudo Echo performing Try along with other live acts Geisha, Wa Wa Nee, Boom Crash Opera and Barry Michael.

I would be happy to see any of these.

BOLLOCKS unfortunately I have only been able to see what has been uploaded to youtube so I have missed out on quite a bit. Fortunately the countdown performance of don't go has been put on youtube. and by the looks of it they showed some of the video clip before it but for some reason the youtube upload doesn't cover the whole song.

Its a real shame I missed their second performance of listening on countdown and the a beat for you one aswell.

also, wasn't there an episode hosted by brian in 1985?

alexei
also, wasn't there an episode hosted by brian in 1985?

Brian hosted the Nov 24 1985 episode but there were no live performances or clips from Pseudo Echo in that episode.

Guru Bob

Brian hosted the Nov 24 1985 episode but there were no live performances or clips from Pseudo Echo in that episode.

I would still like to see that!