Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
COUNTDOWN 'Behind the scenes' - Dolly Magazine, May, 1985 UPDATE ON COUNTDOWN MEDIA SECTION

COUNTDOWN

'Behind the scenes' - Dolly Magazine, May, 1985

Janet Argall - Producer's Assistant -

http://www.countdownmemories.com/media/index.htm

Re: COUNTDOWN 'Behind the scenes' - Dolly Magazine, May, 1985 UPDATE ON COUNTDOWN MEDIA SECTION

Love the article, had never seen that one before - then again I had never read a copy of Dolly before either. Thanks for making it available.

Re: COUNTDOWN 'Behind the scenes' - Dolly Magazine, May, 1985 UPDATE ON COUNTDOWN MEDIA SECTION

Guru Bob
Love the article, had never seen that one before - then again I had never read a copy of Dolly before either. Thanks for making it available.

Glad you enjoyed Guru :-)

I enjoyed reading the Dolly article from May '84. They were no doubt talking about the 4/3/84 episode. I'll have to watch that episode again to get a feel of what was written about it and see Molly complete Humdrum in the little time he had. Shame that Janet had to move on from a job she loved doing, but as she said the ABC moved people around so they didn't get stuck working on the 1 show.

Very interesting article - it has a level of honesty you don't see much of in today's media landscape. Interesting seeing Molly's comments about Countdown's future at the end of the article.....I doubt it would have continued with another central figure apart from Molly - he WAS Countdown.

Speaking of which - tomorrow (19/7) marks 25 years since the show ended - a quarter of a century gone but never forgotten.....

I know and in 2 years time, Countdown would have started 40 YEARS AGO.