Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Countdown coming to SBS

Someone has sent me an email saying that Countdown will soon be showing on SBS. They have axed their show Letters and Numbers and will be replacing it with Countdown. I'll be setting the recorder when the show appears in the EPG.

Re: Countdown coming to SBS

WTF???!!!

It could be a game show called Countdown...

Hmmmm, this is very intriguing INDEED!!! Please keep us posted !!!

I could be wrong,but the U.K. version of Letters & Numbers is called Countdown and SBS may have gained the rights to screen the U.K. version.
Speaking of quiz shows,I'm keen to check out Never Mind The Buzzcocks when it starts on UK-TV next month.

Yep, Letters and Numbers is indeed being replaced with Countdown; the UK gameshow, not the ABC music show:

http://www.sbs.com.au/shows/lettersandnumbers

That's disappointing, on both counts. (Losing L&N as well as not getting the ABC's Countdown, just the so-so UK gameshow instead.)

In Australia, Countdown was a music show and in Britain, Countdown is a game show. How different is that?