Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TV1 and Countdown

Just walked out into the lounge room and TV1 was on and BAM came Gavin Wood presenting a Countdown moment!

I didn't know TV1 still played Countdown clips every now and then, used to record TV1 all night back in 2000 and I remember I got Pel Mel, Teardrop Explodes and Electric pandas!

They were playing the hideous Hooters live in the Countdown studio with "and We Danced'...

Re: TV1 and Countdown

Different strokes Jason.I happen to like The Hooters.Both And We Danced and the album its from,Nervous Night,are fantastic.

John
Different strokes Jason.I happen to like The Hooters.Both And We Danced and the album its from,Nervous Night,are fantastic.

Just a bit of Triva: The two main members of The Hooters played and co-wrote songs on Cyndi Lauper debut album. Favourite song off the Nervous Night album would have to be 'Day By Day'. One of them also went onto write the hit 'One Of Us' by Joan Osborne.

Yep, I know that 2 of the members worked on She's So Unusual.

I absolutely LOATHE The Hooters, they are such DAGGY American crap for my liking, lol.

Though, All You Zombies is passable.

Nothing wrong with dagginess and Countdown had its fair share in its time

I bought 'Nervous Night' on CD after their appearance on this Countdown episode. Great stuff!

Speaking of Cyndi Lauper, her reality show airs in the US in a couple of months. Should be on Foxtel soon after. It is being produced by the makers of Survivor and The Apprentice, so it will be all class and really decent, not like those other D grade reality shows. It pretty much follows her career and personal life. Great stuff, can't wait.