Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Strawberry Switchblade

Excited to see this unearthed 'gem' from 1984 on Rage on Saturday night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdsmZTfpEZ4

Re: Strawberry Switchblade

I KNOW!!!

I just looked at the rage playlist for Chairlift. i KNEW they would play good stuff BUT I NEVER ever thought they would play Strawberry Switchblade and start off with them either!

I have a lovely copy from a UK VHS compilation with no logo so mine will be better with no logo BUT still very cool :-)

Wish the logo's would dissapear like last weekend during the start though...

Chairlift are also playing Propaganda's 'Dr Mabuse' * FABULOUS!!!

I have all the videos I love on there already BUT * WOW, THE best programming list!!!

Check Out Geneva Jacuzzi which they also play on rage this weekend, she is AMAZING!

I saw her live last month and I am a HUGE fan. A modern performance artist singer who sounds like she came out of 1982! I told her this when I met her and she was SOOOOO happy :-)

Jason 'The Moderator'
Chairlift are also playing Propaganda's 'Dr Mabuse' * FABULOUS!!!

I have all the videos I love on there already BUT * WOW, THE best programming list!!!

Check Out Geneva Jacuzzi which they also play on rage this weekend, she is AMAZING!

I saw her live last month and I am a HUGE fan. A modern performance artist singer who sounds like she came out of 1982! I told her this when I met her and she was SOOOOO happy :-)

Hi Jason

Just checking to see if you have both versions of Dr Mabuse?

What nationality is Geneva? I checked out some of her images on google - very early 80's!

Geneva is from LA.

I saw her last month and her performance was AMAZING!

I told her she was THE best thing since the 80s and she absolutely LOVED me for it :-) :-) :-) I snuck into her dressing room and got photos with her and my cd signed.

She is utterly MAGIC! Was SO impressed Chairlift chose her last night and even more impressed that rage had her video.

I have her dvd with all her videos and performance art, she is one of my FAVOURITE female artists EVEEER!

I presumed that the female member of Chairlift introducing 'Since Yesterday' as 'Another Day' was an error on her part... but I just learned that Strawberry Switchblade actually had a song called 'Another Day' . How funny Rage then played 'Since Yesterday' (presumably the only Strawberry Switchblade video in the vault), but I'm glad they did.

Another Day is a Strawberry Switchblade song and obviously the Chairlift girl wanted Another Day unless he got it confused with Since Yesterday?

The only video's Strawberry Switchblade made were Since Yesterday, Who Knows What Love Is and Jolene. They did tv performances of Let Her Go as well in japan...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Smash-Hits-6-19-Dec-1984-Strawberry-Switchblade-Nik-Kershaw-Culture-Club-/130702915265?pt=UK_Magazines&hash=item1e6e8036c1