Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rage programmer job up for grabs

The Rage facebook page is advertising for a programmer/producer in Sydney. Get those resumes out guys.

Re: Rage programmer job up for grabs

Programmer/ Producer RAGE 2012

•Ultimo, Sydney
•Contract Position for Approximately 4 Months
•$55,845 - $68,294 p.a. + Generous Super

The ABC is seeking an experienced and energetic Programmer/Producer with a strong interest in music and popular culture to fill a temporary vacancy to work in the NSW Production, assigned to Rage 2012.This involves programming clips and working closely with TV presentation to ensure many hours of Television go to air each week. The producer is also responsible for shooting weekly segments on DV Cam and desktop editing with Final Cut Pro. The producer is also responsible for rights and copyright clearances.

Selection Criteria
1.Demonstrable skill in the key activities and processes of production for television and other media.
2.All-round knowledge of the program making discipline.
3.Strong directorial skills and an ability to visualise complex information in an engaging and entertaining style.
4.Ability to generate original ideas and contribute to program planning.
5.Ability to make sound independent editorial judgements especially on remote assignments.
6.Well developed communication and interviewing skills with a capacity to work well under pressure within a team environment
7.Demonstrable experience in the generation, identification and suggestion of relevant content ideas for the target audience.
8.Ability to work with Multi-Platform in the development of online content.
9.Excellent organisational and time management skills.
10.An understanding of ABC Editorial Policies as well as Corporate Equity and Diversity and OH&S policies and practices.
•Copies of the ABC Editorial Policies are available at abc.net.au

Applicants must address the selection criteria. For more information on working at the ABC and how to apply, visit abc.net.au/careers

For further information contact Kath Earle on (02) 8333 4072

Applications Close: 15 April 2012

Closing Comments: There will be no reimbursement of relocation costs.

Vacancy Reference: 492974

I and people like Guru Bob should be able to GET this job but having music knowledge isn't there biggest concern unfortunately :-(

THIS is my DREAM job! Seeing rage have played 80% of what I want over the last 10 years!!!!

Yes, THE dream job for a lot of people, especially round here.
You should apply, Jason and Bob. You would both be great.
Bet they're flooded with applications.
Probably not too many qualified though.

A four month contract? Not exactly a secure job or worth relocating to Sydney for.

Hoin
A four month contract? Not exactly a secure job or worth relocating to Sydney for.

Great experience though and possibly a foot in the door for further time at Rage HQ.

I think they should advertise for a music advisor/researcher...and someone who can spell groups names.

Michael
I think they should advertise for a music advisor/researcher...and someone who can spell groups names.

I would do that for free. Rage, are you reading this?

But I kind of correct their errors anyway, albeit after the fact, in the crazy captions stuff-ups thread... which they selectively pay attention to or ignore.

I would program for fricking free, hello!!!

It doesn't pay very much especially with the crap you'll have to put up with. lol!

I think we've all put up with a lot of crap in our jobs! I think anyone of us could handle it.