Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
tay tay tay message on rage messageboard

I saw a fabulous message from tay tay tay on the rage messageboard today. rage make me laugh, what tay tay tay said which I have posted below is what one would call simple and logical. The fact that rage are so dumb that they have to say good idea and not think these suggestions below for themselves is very much a BIG worry!!!

Author tay tay tay tay ®
Date/Time 02 Feb 2012 1:03:51pm
Subject Re: Retro month
I'm glad the late 80's/early 90's got a look-in this retro month. Thanks rage! laugh Although the episodes of The Factory and Countdown Revolution selected wouldn't have been on the top of my list, it was still nice to see them.

My only real gripe with this year's retro month was that most of the Satuday morning 10-11am retro music video selections were either videos that are commonly seen on Rage, or videos that aired on rage recently (as recent as Dec 2011 in some cases!). Most of the retro videos selected for Saturday night's shows, in contrast, were quite rare, or had not been aired on Rage for a long time. I would suggest that maybe some of these rarer/less commonly-seen videos make it to Saturday morning's retro playlist in future. Or if the videos aren't that 'rare', at least choose ones that have not been seen on Rage for many years (preferably not since at least the early 90's). As we didn't have a Wild Card episode in 2011, retro month is the main chance we get at seeing these dusted-off 'classics' from the vault. So to program clips commonly selected by guest programmers is a little wasteful.

Some other suggestions I may make for retro month 2013:

- Some more segments (full episodes are probably overkill, given about half of the show is not related to music) of The Factory would be appreciated. In particular I'd love to see highlights (including the music videos) from the 10th December 1988 and 17th December 1988 episodes.

- Some more Countdown Revolutions would be good. Although just a handful should be enough, so as to not steal too much time away from the 'real' Countdown.

- It might be best to not stick to particular themes/a particular era for a whole retro episode. More variety in a particular night's programming means there's more likelihood of someone finding something that they like.

print email
Recommend this message
Alert moderator
Good suggestions, thanks tay tay tay tay.

Re: tay tay tay message on rage messageboard

I'm (tay tay...) (probably naively) hoping that their 'good suggestions' comment means "we will do exactly as you suggested for retro month 2013".

Best to send them a reminder closer to the date otherwise they'll simply forget.

More Countdown, highlights of The Factory and Beat Box and some Countdown Revolutions - ie: the Batdance competition episode and maybe a few from 1990.

And certainly show the remaining 2 Flashez episode plus one of the 1970's storage tapes as that era got very short shrift this year.

ohnoitisnathan
I'm (tay tay...) (probably naively) hoping that their 'good suggestions' comment means "we will do exactly as you suggested for retro month 2013".

Nathan, I 1000% know that YOU are tay, tay, tay you dag. Always have known. I was going to say Nathan in brackets but I figured we all knew who you were anyway!

Patrick
Best to send them a reminder closer to the date otherwise they'll simply forget.

More Countdown, highlights of The Factory and Beat Box and some Countdown Revolutions - ie: the Batdance competition episode and maybe a few from 1990.

And certainly show the remaining 2 Flashez episode plus one of the 1970's storage tapes as that era got very short shrift this year.

I won't be happy in January 2013 unless rage play at least 12 Countdown episodes. And THAT is the lowest amount I would be happy with. Anything less is a big NO NO!!!

Patrick

Normally I would agree, but this year I think they had retro month mapped out and 'locked in' well in advance. The moderator said as much in one of his/her replies... so I thought it doesn't hurt to get in 'early'.