Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: * COUNTDOWN REPEATS ON THE ABC PETITION HERE *

I found out that my group is so old that it was archived.. here is the updated one..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/235421796542861/

* COUNTDOWN REPEATS ON THE ABC PETITION HERE *

Please bring back COUNTDOWN!

It would be so awesome if ABC would play every COUNTDOWN re-run once a week on the ABC2 channel.

So much good music from the 70's and especially the 80's where played on this show and it's a lot of fun to watch.

COUNTDOWN FOREVER!!

This is part of the childhood of Generation X. We make up much more than 1/12th of the population so why only one month a year targeted to us.

Totally agree with the many posters above. It is a tragic waste of the cultural resources of the ABC's archives not to show the music shows in its collection. Countdown is a massive favourite, as everyone has said, but I would also like to see the old GTK and Hitscene shows, which are a treasure trove of cultural history. I am sure they could be shown on ABC2 or over night on ABC3 without much expense. Otherwise they are effectively lost to history and risk deteriorating or (heaven forbid) being wiped in a repeat of the cost-cutting madness which wiped so many shows in the late 70s and 80s.
Megan aka Rhiannon333

Rhiannon333
Totally agree with the many posters above. It is a tragic waste of the cultural resources of the ABC's archives not to show the music shows in its collection. Countdown is a massive favourite, as everyone has said, but I would also like to see the old GTK and Hitscene shows, which are a treasure trove of cultural history. I am sure they could be shown on ABC2 or over night on ABC3 without much expense. Otherwise they are effectively lost to history and risk deteriorating or (heaven forbid) being wiped in a repeat of the cost-cutting madness which wiped so many shows in the late 70s and 80s.
Megan aka Rhiannon333

I agree.......not just Countdown but everything they have.Please Jason add all these shows to the petition not just Countdown.....perhaps you could rename this Petition to a more broader title on this forum to include GTK,Hitscence and any thing else the ABC have...Its a real shame that Australia's only remaining musical history lies dormant rotting in some dark archive maybe never to see the light of day again.Makes me sad.

You have my support if you make it a fairer more broader petition.....what do you say??Can you rename it?