Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Billy Idoll interview on 1977 episode?

http://www.youtube.com/user/CountdownOnABC?blend=5&ob=0#p/u/7/jNX7cs1EuyY

Can someone confirm what show this was from?

It certainly isn't the 80s, Idol looks too young, and he refers to RocknRoll as being only 20 years old etc.

I assume this was when he was in the punk band GenX.

Re: Billy Idoll interview on 1977 episode?

Classic interview, love his honesty.

Hi, I posted a comment about this on youtube a week ago or so, but have noticed that the comments have been "disabled".If you go by the Countdown tag at the beginning, it looks like 1982, but it looks like that has just been added in at the start, as Billy looks too young for 1982. It's definitley not 1977, probably 1979-1980?

The reason I asked, was because I dont think i have the Countdown episode this Interview was taken from.

I was thinking it could have been the end of decade show in 1979 perhaps, which has been repeated on RAGE.

It definitley isn't on the '79 Ends The Decade show. This was repeated on rage around Jan. '95.

and 2011 or 2010!

So is the interview from a 70s show which hasn't been repeated on RAGE.

Is the interview from one of the lost episodes, but a copy of the interview was found on another tape from the early 80s when he started to get solo success?

I literally stopped breathing when Is aw this Billy Footage last year on You Tube. WHY OH WHY are rage NOT playing stuff like this in January?

The interview is from a wiped 1977 show and only exists due to it being on a segment tape - not the one with all those great 70's clips that it looks like we will never get to see though due to the general laziness of the Rage team. I will be on their case during 2012 though so in January 2013 who knows?

I still burst into tears when I think of all those Countdown episodes that I used to religiously watch gone to the great vault in the sky from 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978 & half of 1979. All my teenage years gone forever!! 99% of them will never be seen again - NEVER!! It is just so hard to get my head around that except what a tragedy it is!!

Even if the expensive 2 Inch Video Masters had to be wiped for budgetary reasons, U-Matic tapes were definitely affordable for a TV station in the early 80's - why did they not at least keep back-up copies on U-Matic like they did for all the 1980's Young Talent Times over at Channel 10?

So much work, so much talent, blood sweat & tears just flushed down the toilet never to be seen again. The pain lingers on....

I know it's wiped BUT rage should be playing this material they have on segment storage tapes AT LEAST so we can see some RARE 70s footage...

Jason 'The Moderator'
I know it's wiped BUT rage should be playing this material they have on segment storage tapes AT LEAST so we can see some RARE 70s footage...

Exactly - there were a large number of requests for material off those segment/storage tapes including rare clips of David Essex etc but so far nothing. Must be an issue with digital transfers although I find it hard to work out why?

The issue is that rage are lazy, PERIOD!