Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
COUNTDOWN EPISODE on rage * Saturday 28th January, 2012

COUNTDOWN - TOM CARROLL: April 14th 1985

RECORDED AS LIVE IN SYDNEY THIS SHOW WAS HOSTED BY TOM CARROLL, AUSTRALIAN SURF WORLD CHAMPION WHO WAS IV BY MOLLY RE SURFING
LIVE STUDIO PERFORMANCES:
MENTAL AS ANYTHING 'YOU'RE SO STRONG'
DYNAMIC HEPNOTICS 'GOTTA BE WRONG'
VIDEO CLIPS:
EUROGLIDERS 'WE WILL TOGETHER'
THE PROMISE 'WALKING WITH A WEIGHT'
GUY MCDONOUGH 'MY PLACE'
AUTOGRAPH 'TURN UP YOUR RADIO'
PAUL YOUNG 'EVERYTIME YOU GO AWAY'
TEENA MARIE 'LOVERGIRL'
GO WEST 'WE CLOSE OUR EYES'
GLENN FREY 'THE HEAT IS ON'
STARVATION 'STARVATION' (EXCERPT)
DAVID CASSIDY 'THE LAST KISS' (EXCERPT)
LLOYD COLE & COMMOTIONS 'RATTLESNAKE'
CHARTBUSTERS:
KING 'LOVE & PRIDE'
HOWARD JONES 'THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER'
POWER STATION 'SOME LIKE IT HOT'
TOP TEN:
MODELS 'BARBADOS'
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN 'BORN IN THE USA'
MURRAY HEAD 'ONE NIGHT IN BANGKOK'
BILLY OCEAN 'LOVERBOY'
MADONNA 'MATERIAL GIRL'
DEAD OR ALIVE 'SPIN ME ROUND (LIKE A RECORD)
POINTER SISTERS 'NEUTRON DANCE'
TEARS FOR FEARS 'SHOUT'
JIM DIAMOND 'I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER'
USA FOR AFRICA 'WE ARE THE WORLD'

Re: COUNTDOWN EPISODE on rage * Saturday 28th January, 2012

CHEERS. The final for 2012 and still deserves a standing on its own.

I'll be putting this years 'very small number of Countdown episodes' on my MP3 player and listening to them for the next month or so. Long live Countdown.

We can only hope that the rage 3am timeslot weekday mornings eventuates into retro goodness.....AND I DON'T MEAN 90's or 00's!

I just want to know why rage picked this episode so close to the 24/3/85 episode from last week?

Interesting that they were playing '84/'85 H'its Hot' during Humdrum in the background! Those songs would have been about 6 months old.

Very hard to get into this episode knowing that it is the last one for the year. Why do rage always go out on a low?

I actually REALLLLLY enjoyed the 1985 Countdown tonight. it was BRILLIANT :-)

Though I don't know either why they put shows on so close to the date from last week just like Countdown Revolution also from last week.

rage are complete nightmares this year, I have to turn The Factory off. It's boooooring the S H I T out of me. In 1988 I used to only watch bits and change the channels as it goes on for faaaar to long!

My rate for retro January this year is a 4 and a half out of 10. A complete waste!!!

Have just woken up and have recorded the whole night.

I note that Rage starts at 11.15pm next week. What a miracle that even though their last Retro night for the year started at 12.30am that they can suddenly find an extra hour for a non-Retro night - how convenient!

I'd give this week's season a 5 out of 10 - the tales Rage have been telling to defend themselves on top of their strange programming decisions have been less than wonderful this year.

Yeah, I enjoyed the April '85 episode too, but just didn't ENJOY it as I knew it was the last one for the year and the rest of the nights programming was lacking. I give retro month this year a 4 out of 10. Last week was fantastic. Later this year, we will have to (minus Jason) get on the messageboard and constantly tell them not to play individual music videos on Saturday night, just music programs!

Michael
Later this year, we will have to (minus Jason) get on the messageboard and constantly tell them not to play individual music videos on Saturday night, just music programs!

I quite enjoyed the music video selection last night. Even the Jeremy Jordan song, which I hated at the time - funny again to see it on Rage. But what I don't get with Rage this retro month is - why show repeats of repeats/clips that have been programmed on rage as recently as last December, on Saturday mornings, instead of the much better selection of retro clips they've selected for Saturday night? Then they can program an extra Countdown or a few Countdown Revolution episodes on the Saturday night. It doesn't make sense.

On the whole, it wasn't one of the better retro months, but I liked that the late 80's got some attention. And on the positive, the were NO Recovery or 10:30 Slot episodes/segments aired, which I think must be the first time that's happened since 2003?