Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rage @ 3.00am Friday morning?

Just looking on the yourtv website and I see that rage is on tonight at 3.00am - 4.00am on ABC1. This is news to me. Has anyone seen this listed before in the TV Guide?.....I hope it's a Countdown episode!

Re: rage @ 3.00am Friday morning?

I heard a few weeks ago they did a Friday morning slot. believe me, it will NOT be Countdown!!!

Interesting! Does anyone know what they played?

I think they play an hour from the 6-11am Saturday morning slot each night of the week at that time. Although I tried to record it on a Friday morning once with the intention of getting Icehouse's 'No Promises' (international version) in the right ratio, recording the first half hour of what I assumed would be a repeat of the 10-11am slot; but Iva's guest programming hadn't even started by the end of the half hour, so maybe they don't air those times.

I set it on timer record and you wouldn't believe it - repeat of 'S H I T SCENE' from 7th Jan. It would have been the 5.30 - 6.30 timeslot. It started with the Renee Geyer interview and performance and finished with the 80's videos.

^ How random!

I've noticed this last month from Monday to Friday mornings at 3am for 1 hour.

Most of the time they just air either new releases or repeats from the Saturday night shows.

If this is the case they could show an episode of Countdown every morning all year round. At least this would please everyone.

Dave (DJA69)
I've noticed this last month from Monday to Friday mornings at 3am for 1 hour.

Most of the time they just air either new releases or repeats from the Saturday night shows.

If this is the case they could show an episode of Countdown every morning all year round. At least this would please everyone.

WOW, they repeated a Hitscene?.... See, this is my problem. Why can't ABC play 1 episode of Countdown a week, forget rage on weekdays in the morning, put on Countdown and then we wouldn't have to bother with what they play in January!... rage could play weekends of constant repeated Countdown's, Recovery and Crap scene all they like in January if ABC played 1 countdown a week in the time slot they are giving rage on weekday mornings!

When I tuned in at 3:55 am this morning Pointer Sisters ...'I'm So Excited' video was on...

It would for sure and I truly do not see what the ABC can't do that. Show one every weeknight - why not? Every other time of the year they just sit on the shelves. Same goes for any other classic TV show.

Hey Jason,

I know you hate Hitscene so much however the show isn't that bad after all. Thank your lucky stars the ABC didn't broadcast Bandstand.

A friend of mine is an Electric Bass musician and he worked with the likes of Johnny O'Keefe, Col Joye, Johnny Devlin just to name a few back in the day. When he appeared on Bandstand with these guys, he told me that Hendo was an SOB to work with and the musicians hated him. Also told me Six O'Clock Rock was a better music program than Bandstand.

Actually most of the Bandstand episodes i think still exist in the Channel 9 archives. Wish I could say the same for Six O'Clock Rock.

If you think Dick Williams was bad, Hendo was worse but as for Johnny O'Keefe he was a legend.