Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Factory runsheets

I have just realised that I managed to get all The Factory episode runsheets off TARA 4 years ago. I had cut and pasted them and emailed them to myself. I had forgotten that I had done that. I found them by accident when I googled my own mail looking for something else - one of the advantages of having gmail email.

I also did all the Beatbox episodes but unfortunately just copied the link which is now gone so I have lost those. I can only get partial info now. The same with Countdown Revolution.

I also have a lot of Rock Arena runsheets that I could post.

I am happy to post all The Factory runsheets here if it is OK by Jason. Let me know CJ.

Re: The Factory runsheets

I have FINALLY gone to Tara and LOVE how a whole stack of Rock Arena's are there!!!... I found a particular number of an episode I want on there which I watched way back in 1987 :-)

Yep, The Factory is cool Guru, just NO MORE Hitscene's please!!!

Guru,

Your listings of the running sheets have been a huge help so a mega thanks from me for putting up all the info! Very much appreciated :)

Can you give me the Tara website address again? Would love to check it out for the runsheets. Thanks.

Love 'The Factory' as you probably know, and am looking forward to the runsheets here. . I reckon I could remember every show. The hosts were a big part of the show and they were very inexperienced at the time. Andrew was cool and very laid back. As a 13/14 year old, I liked the inexperience of the hosts and wanted Andrew's job.

I remember seeing/hearing Bananarama's 'Love, Truth and Honesty', Jason Donovan's 'Nothing Can Divide Us', and Yazz's 'Stand Up For Your Love Rights' for the first time ever on 'The Factory' . All titles I'd only previously read about in Smash Hits.

Same here Nathan, and I would record them on audio cassette and play them all week. I still have one cassette from Sept/Oct '88 with a lot of recordings from The Factory. Martha Davis in the studio singing 'Tell It To The Moon' (wish I got it on VHS tape) and stuff like 'Fallen Angel', 'Listen', 'The Rumour', 'Perfect World', 'When You Come' and so on.

That was the good thing about The Factory. You watched the rage Top 50 to get your chart fix and then The Factory, which would play a few hit singles and plenty of new releases.

Michael
That was the good thing about The Factory. You watched the rage Top 50 to get your chart fix and then The Factory, which would play a few hit singles and plenty of new releases.

Somehow, I didn't cotton on that Rage played new releases on Friday night/the wee hours of Saturday morning until probably mid-late 1992. However, as my main interest at the time was the top 50/60 (though most of the songs I liked charted in the lower region of the charts, if at all), I didn't routinely record this until the 2-4am Friday New Releases Rage episodes in mid-late '93.

So... I did indeed see a lot of new vids for the first time on The Factory, and then Countdown Revolution.

Just go to this link at Tara local and type in Factory. This is where I have been the last few days looking at Rock Arena info. Not that the fulls how details are there...

http://www.abccontentsales.com/librarysales/databases/tara/default.htm

Patrick
Can you give me the Tara website address again? Would love to check it out for the runsheets. Thanks.

Hi Patrick
The TARA website is:
http://search.abc.net.au/search/search.cgi?collection=tara

Noticed that there were about 6 episodes of The Factory missing from the information sheets.

Jason 'The Moderator'
Just go to this link at Tara local and type in Factory. This is where I have been the last few days looking at Rock Arena info. Not that the fulls how details are there...

Jason
Unfortunately they changed TARA a few years ago and where you could once get full listings of episodes, you can only get a few lines now.

I copied quite a lot of Rock Arena as well - everything I could find - and emailed that to myself. This is how we got the information for The Machinations episode Rage showed a few years back and the Sharon O'Neill one that will be on this week.

I am happy to also list what I have from Rock Arena. It only includes what they had archived to TARA in late 2007 so there are many many episodes missing.

Let me know if that would be OK Jason

I would def. like to see the runsheet for this weekends Rock Arena episode! Thanks Guru.

Guru Bob
Jason 'The Moderator'

Jason
Unfortunately they changed TARA a few years ago and where you could once get full listings of episodes, you can only get a few lines now.

I copied quite a lot of Rock Arena as well - everything I could find - and emailed that to myself. This is how we got the information for The Machinations episode Rage showed a few years back and the Sharon O'Neill one that will be on this week.

I am happy to also list what I have from Rock Arena. It only includes what they had archived to TARA in late 2007 so there are many many episodes missing.

Let me know if that would be OK Jason

Yes, I have been using it a few days and noticed it's just a few lines. YES, ALL Rock Arena's are welcome OF COURSE!... I ADORE Rock Arena!!! :-)