Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
retro month 'locked in'

In case anyone hasn't noticed, on the Rage forum:

Author vague jesus beachcombers ®
Date/Time 06 Jan 2012 6:59:48pm
Subject Re: No Countdown???

I wonder, moderator are all of the retro month playlists finalised yet? Is there still room for suggestions and requests or is all locked in??

Moderator reply:

Hi there, rage program quite some time in advance, so these shows are now locked in.

Author tay tay tay tay ®
Date/Time 09 Jan 2012 12:22:42pm
Subject Re: No Countdown???
Moderator wrote:

"rage program quite some time in advance, so these shows are now locked in."

Are the retro music videos programmed for Saturday morning 10-11am slot for this month also 'locked in'?

Moderator reply:

Hi tay tay tay, yes they are, but this is only for the retro month programs. Normally we work until as late as Friday on each show.

So it seems the retro shows & music videos are 'locked in' for this month, so there's apparently no point in suggesting further ideas/modifications.

I wish Rage would let us know these things so at least we don't waste our time asking!

I only hope what they've 'locked in' is good!

Re: retro month 'locked in'

I doubt that would stop people asking anyway – but I hope what is locked in is good too.

I have a sinking feeling this Saturday will have lots of 70’s Countdowns in it. Hopefully the remaining unaired Flashez eps are played. Not sure what other 70’s ABC music shows there are – my memory only goes back to the late 70’s onwards! I think Rock Arena began in 1979 – maybe an episode of one of those from that year will be played – could be interesting.

^ Complete with some ultra-common, aired plenty of times on Rage already, 70's music videos thrown in between to pad it out, e.g.:

ABBA - Dancing Queen
Skyhooks - Living In the 70's
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays
Bob Marley - Is This Love?
Buggles - Video Killed the Radio Star
Patrick Hernandez - Born To Be Alive
Sister Sledge - We Are Family
Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
Rod Stewart - Da Ya Think I'm Sexy
Chic - Le Freak
Jackson 5 - ABC

Oh, is it 70's week this weekend? That's 2 weeks I don't care for AT ALL! :(

I actually think it will be all Countdown eps. this weekend. Maybe there is no era's theme this month but a focus on 4 music programs? They are just showing heaps of Hitscenes, then Countdown in Week 2 or 3 (whatever week is this week), then next week, all Rock Arena's all night (hopefully with just Suzanne Dowling hosting, she is much better to look at than the other hosts), then Countdown Revolution in the last week. Month over and I will be 75% happy. (Hitscene f@#ked up the other 25%)

If Rage are doing a themed night for January this year I reckon we'll probably see some more Hitscenes from 1970 - 72 and several 1970's Countdown eps. All of that would be topped off with some clips from the 80's to led us into Week 3.

Hope that doesn't happen but we'll see. I'd actually be interested in seeing 1979 episode of Rock Arena if any still exist. Does anyone know what the state of play is with Rock Arena in the archives? Were some of those wiped as well?

Rage could also show that 1975 Weekend Magazine report on the 50th episode of Countdown. I believe Rage have a better quality version than what is on Youtube - would be good to see. And some Flashez of course.

One would imagine that since Hitscene was shown a lot in Week 1 that Week 4 would see some Countdown Revolution eps being aired - only fair really as that show doesn't really get much of an airing - nor do Beat Box or The Factory - would like to see some of those.

Patrick
If Rage are doing a themed night for January this year I reckon we'll probably see some more Hitscenes from 1970 - 72 and several 1970's Countdown eps. All of that would be topped off with some clips from the 80's to led us into Week 3.

Hope that doesn't happen but we'll see. I'd actually be interested in seeing 1979 episode of Rock Arena if any still exist. Does anyone know what the state of play is with Rock Arena in the archives? Were some of those wiped as well?

Rage could also show that 1975 Weekend Magazine report on the 50th episode of Countdown. I believe Rage have a better quality version than what is on Youtube - would be good to see. And some Flashez of course.

One would imagine that since Hitscene was shown a lot in Week 1 that Week 4 would see some Countdown Revolution eps being aired - only fair really as that show doesn't really get much of an airing - nor do Beat Box or The Factory - would like to see some of those.

Patrick, Rock Arena didn't start till 1982!

SydneySean

Nothing has been confirmed yet, Sean, so there's still hope it isn't.... However, the betting odds at the ohonitisnathan agency are currently 999,999:1 that it will be

Oh ok, I was under the impression Rock Arena began in 1979 for some reason. Oh well hopefully there won't be any Countdown repeats this Saturday but somehow I doubt it....

If it is a 70's themed night then 70's Countdowns are a certainty you'd think.
As long as we get some more Flashez clips I'll be happy!

ohnoitisnathan
SydneySean

Nothing has been confirmed yet, Sean, so there's still hope it isn't.... However, the betting odds at the ohonitisnathan agency are currently 999,999:1 that it will be

LOL to your Agency!!!!

Well it looks like I'll have to 'eat my hat' now they've posted the blurb on the Rage website. However, we do indeed have another 1980 Countdown to 'rejoice', although it may not be too bad with the Dugites performing (although I only really know one of their songs, which I like, 'Cut the Talking').

I'm going to go against the grain and openly declare that I hope for 9 episodes of Countdown Revolution/and/or several (edited) episodes of The Factory the week after . If they can do it for Hitscene, why not CR? Nothing against non-revolution Countdown; just CR/TF is more in tune with my 'glory days'... though I do remember watching Countdown a fair bit in 1984, and (very) occasionally in the years after.

nathan,

Can you email me at romoelectric@hotmail.com about something

Yeah, why not, if they can play Hitscene all night (30 min episodes), then why not CR?

Jason 'The Moderator'
nathan,

Can you email me at romoelectric@hotmail.com about something

Done