Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hitscene

I NEVER want to hear or see that program EVER again, it's EVIL!

Re: Hitscene

Sorry I just had a laugh Jason - if you thought it was bad, imagine what some of the year-round Rage crowd used to the usual techno and JJJ alternative stuff must have made of it when they tuned in after a night out partying last night. I have to hand it to the Rage team - I never thought they would ever come up with a playlist like last nights.

Anyway, us 60's afficiondos have had our time in the sun, hopefully the Rage team come up with some more goodies next week.

I think I've had enough of Hitscene for the year! Dick Williams is a character though - and in a way made me glad he made some mistakes, etc in those shows. I'd rather someone be natural than a slick over-confident type like Richard Wilkins host it.

Would have loved it had Rage actually got Dick Williams to host the 60's special last night.

Although I did wonder why Rage showed some 80's clips if it was meant to be an all 60's night, odd.

I didn't get the 80s video's in the end either, very bizzare!... And it didn't get anymore 80s than Manhattan Transfer which ROCKED my world!!!

So I didn't smash the TV, I was all talk. I turned on the good telly and watched a bit then went to bed and then got up again and then someone was playing 'Knick Knack Paddy Wack'...f@#k me! then I turned off again and went back to bed.

Michael
So I didn't smash the TV, I was all talk. I turned on the good telly and watched a bit then went to bed and then got up again and then someone was playing 'Knick Knack Paddy Wack'...f@#k me! then I turned off again and went back to bed.

LOL - that would be enough to send anyone back to bed. How did Bon Scott ever get involved with that type of bubblegum? I was hoping they would air the other Hitcene episode shot at the motor show where the Valentines do "My Old Mans a Groovy Old Man" - a far better track and written buy the legendary Vanda-Young combo.

OMG!

Was that Knick Knack Patty Wack rhyme the band Bon Scott was in????. WOW, geeeeez, I am shocked. What a difference to ACDC!!!

Bon was in the Valentines and another folky band before Acca Dacca.
Really novel to see him so young and demure here but still with that trademark cheeky grin on his face.

Yes,definitely a massive contrast to the Bon we all knew later on..

Brett (2)
Michael

LOL - that would be enough to send anyone back to bed. How did Bon Scott ever get involved with that type of bubblegum? I was hoping they would air the other Hitcene episode shot at the motor show where the Valentines do "My Old Mans a Groovy Old Man" - a far better track and written buy the legendary Vanda-Young combo.

I requested Episode 6 (June 14 1969) just for the song. Oh well, maybe next year.

I think the group wore pink or red outfits and then changed their image in 1970. It's a shame as they never released a studio LP then only a handful of singles and a EP. Most of their original vinyl 45's have been sought after and are highly collectable.

The folk progressive rock band called "Franetiny" where Bon worked as a lead singer before.

Yep, that's the one.
Wonder if there's any Fraternity footage around?

Christina
Yep, that's the one.
Wonder if there's any Fraternity footage around?

GTK has some footage of the group performing live. Check out the GTK runsheets that Guru has uploaded.

Thanks Dave... now I think of it I vaguely remember seeing some Fraternity clps on Rage a while ago...could well have been from GTK.