Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Retro 1 Playlist: Individual Timings list

Hi everyone,

Here are the individual timings for each track on saturday night's retro 1 playlist:

11.30pm - The Easybeats - Wedding ring
11.33pm - Everybody's talkin' - Nilsson
11.35pm - Sweet jane - The Velvet Underground
11.41pm - TDT: Teenage Activities/Discotheque - April 3rd 1967
12.03am - Python Lee Jackson live on Be Our Guest, 1966 - I idolise you
12.07am - Hitscene May 24th 1969 (32 min? Hmm...)
12.39am - Hitscene May 31st 1969
1.11am - The Allusions live on Be Our Guest 1966 - The dancer
1.12am - The Allusions live on Be Our Guest 1966 - Gypsy woman
1.15am - Fusions - Tully live on Fusions July 1969
1.41am - Approximately Panther - Documentary on youth culture 1967
2.01am - The Black Diamonds live on Be Our Guest 1966 - See the way
2.03am - The Black Diamonds live on Be Our Guest 1966 - I want, need, love you
2.06am - Hitscene July 12th 1969
2.36am - GTK Frank Zappa rehearsing at the hordern pavilion
2.41am - Hitscene July 26th 1969
3.08am - Hitscene August 2nd 1969
3.33am - GTK Interview with Ravi Shankar
3.39am - Hitscene August 16th 1969
4.09am - Little Richard - Operator
4.13am - The Temptations - All I want from you
4.17am - Marvin Gaye - Can I get a witness
4.19am - Marvin Gaye - Sexual healing
4.23am - Hitscene November 8th 1969
4.53am - Richard Wright Group live on Be Our Guest - Miss Hargreaves
4.55am - Richard Wright Group live on Be Our Guest - No no no no
4.58am - Hitscene December 20th 1969
5.27am - The Atlantics live on Be Our Guest - It's a hard life
5.30am - The Atlantics live on Be Our Guest - Why do you treat me like you do
5.33am - GTK Renee Geyer interview and performance
5.41am - Sandy Edmonds live on Be Our Guest - Sunny
5.44am - Julie Driscoll & The Trinity - Indian rope man
5.47am - This Day Tonight: Dancing - August 19th 1977
5.54am - News Excerpt october 1st 1978 - Babe's disco
5.56am - Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Reasons to be cheerful
6.01am - The Manhattan Transfer - Twilight zone
6.05am - Portsmouth Sinfonia - Classical muddly
6.08am - Ted Mulry Gang - Jamaica rum
6.11am - Noosha Fox - The heat is on
6.14am - Telex - Rock around the clock
6.18am - Donna Summer - This time I know it's for real
6.21am - Sylvester - Mighty real
6.25am - The Pointer Sisters - I'm so excited
6.30am - Show close

As per last year, these timings appear to be taken directly off the on-air broadcast log though the appearance of one Hitscene at 32 minutes instead of 25 or 26 threw me a little. For those recording, probably better to set your timers 5 minutes either side of these times. Having said that, last year it was spot on each week, so let's see how it goes.

Re: Retro 1 Playlist: Individual Timings list

Thanks Frankster, much appreciated

7 Hitscene's is brilliant and I am sure a number of the other items will be as well.

Considering all the programming from 11:30 to 5:30 is 60's I would think next week will be all 70's. If they show any Countdown's then they will be repeats which would be most disappointing. If it is to be a 70's night then I would hope for Hitscene 1970-72 and GTK/Flashez that have not aired before.

This would leave just one night to 80's which would also disappoint so I hope it is all Countdown/Rock Arena and no clips wasting precious space.

Fun. :( :( a lot of material from when I wasn't even born yet, or at least when I was a little bebe. :( hilarious. Maybe one day, us 80's folk will get our go.

If I can stop being facetious towards the rage people for a moment, Hitscene from the week when Neil Armstrong landed on the moon might be of some interest, definitely will have a look at that.

Despite it not being my kind of stuff, thanks for the work anyway Frankster30, your time sequencing should help a lot of folk on here. :)

Guru Bob

7 Hitscene's is brilliant and I am sure a number of the other items will be as well.

Considering all the programming from 11:30 to 5:30 is 60's I would think next week will be all 70's. If they show any Countdown's then they will be repeats which would be most disappointing. If it is to be a 70's night then I would hope for Hitscene 1970-72 and GTK/Flashez that have not aired before.

This would leave just one night to 80's which would also disappoint so I hope it is all Countdown/Rock Arena and no clips wasting precious space.

I am glad you are excited by 7 Hitsceene's as I most certainly am NOT!!!

Guru Bob

and GTK/Flashez that have not aired before.

There are hundreds of Flashez clips still unaired so I'd like to see a good dozen or so at least.

I would MUCH prefer Flashez!

Guru Bob

Thanks Gurubob - what an incredible playlist this is -95% black & white as well - on looking again there seems to be 8 Hitscenes!! I cannot believe in my wildest dreams they would play 8 totally unrepeated shows from 1969. There is some amazing stuff on those shows looking at Gurus log - but no episode 2 which many requested. Still, they are kicking off from Episode 3 so I am not complaining.

Those musical performances from "Be Our Guest" are mind blowing - The Allusions and the Black Diamonds are two of the greatest 45's ever released in Australia in the 60s full-stop. Absolutely incredible stuff.

Despite this superb playlist, for those people not into 60's it is a bit of a let-down - I am still a bit disappointed in a way for the lack of Countdowns and let us hope weeks 2 & 3 make up for this. Looks like Week 3 is the big one for 80s Countdowns.

I fell asleep reading the listing for this weekend. It's the first time I've had zero interest in the retro month! :(

Me to Sean, not much interest for me at all... It's so boring beyond words!

Imagine trying to stay up the whole night with 6 hrs of Black and White footage, yawwwwwwwwwwwn...

Cant say I blame you guys for having no interest at all this week - unless you are into the 60's then much of this week will be meaningless for sure.

I will not post anymore about how much I personally enjoy this weeks show as at the end of the day this is a forum devoted to Countdown and one has to be suitably respectful of that.

To Jason, Sean, and the rest of you who have been let down by this week - I am really hoping Rage come good in Week 2 & 3. I am very positive they will screen some fantastic Countdowns that will lift the morale here a hell of a lot. Keep the faith guys!!

Jason 'The Moderator'
Me to Sean, not much interest for me at all... It's so boring beyond words!

Imagine trying to stay up the whole night with 6 hrs of Black and White footage, yawwwwwwwwwwwn...

Agreed - the very first time I find a "retro Jan" ep having no appeal whatsoever for me!!
The Renee Geyer interview may be of some interest but that's about it!!

Correct on all accounts Christina, the only thing of interest is indeed the Renee Geyer thing, but even that has been shown before

So even the Renee interview is a repeat!
Dismal viewing indeed, Matt.

Perhaps the TDT dance thingo may be of some amusement though...

I've counted eight 1969 Hitscene's and not 7. Can't believe Rage has done this.

I suppose this is some sought of a catch up where they didn't play any Hitscene episodes during the period of 2004 to 2008.

Oh yeah!

Brett (2)
Cant say I blame you guys for having no interest at all this week - unless you are into the 60's then much of this week will be meaningless for sure.

I will not post anymore about how much I personally enjoy this weeks show as at the end of the day this is a forum devoted to Countdown and one has to be suitably respectful of that.

To Jason, Sean, and the rest of you who have been let down by this week - I am really hoping Rage come good in Week 2 & 3. I am very positive they will screen some fantastic Countdowns that will lift the morale here a hell of a lot. Keep the faith guys!!

No, you go for it Brett, by all means! I'm happy that someone here is happy, at least.

I am happy some people are pleased about tomorrow night. I do have to say that I think this weekend's programming will be have THE lowest ratings in the history of January and I am being very serious.

Most of the people who are hard core 60s don't even watch rage quite honestly!

I think they could have played 4 hrs of 60s and 70s if they wished BUT a whole night of Black & White programming is ludicrous! One COUTNDOWN and one ROCK ARENA mixed with the 60s playlist would have worked so much better!

Brett (2)

Though this weekends programming is NOT my things it's really sweet to see someone SO excited. I know how I feel when we get Copuntdowna nd Rock Arena from the period of 1981-195! I am in complete ecstacy so enjoy your night this Saturday and RECORD, RECORD, RECORD!!!

If rage EVER played one episode of 'Between The Teeth' I would be THRILLLLLLLLLED!

Jason 'The Moderator'
I am happy some people are pleased about tomorrow night. I do have to say that I think this weekend's programming will be have THE lowest ratings in the history of January and I am being very serious.

Most of the people who are hard core 60s don't even watch rage quite honestly!

I think they could have played 4 hrs of 60s and 70s if they wished BUT a whole night of Black & White programming is ludicrous! One COUTNDOWN and one ROCK ARENA mixed with the 60s playlist would have worked so much better!

Much as I don't like to admit it - I think you are right on all three fronts. Hitscene has never had a large following, even amongst hardcore 60's fans - strangely enough there is an episode showing tonight with Bon Scott's first band The Valentines which will be the first time this performance has ever been seen on Rage. And only hardcore 60's garage collectors like me will find any appeal in those "Be Our Guest" clips - the Rage team are being really daring showing these. I cannot believe it still!! And one Countdown or Rock Arena amongst this all would definitely not have hurt at all - especially near the end of the night instead of those individual clips which do not relate to the 60's at all and are just filling in airtime.

Still - a big night coming up - and the obligatory forecast thunderstorms and rain in Melbourne blowing in right on transmission time just to keep me on edge about my power supply. I am sure someone I know will also record it as a back-up?

Recording the lot here Brett so if you get stuck, let me know.

Thanks Frankster - much appreciated!! One thing that is great in this forum is that despite our differing musical tastes, we do help each other if the need arises. Be assured I would return the complement for anyone who misses Countdowns in the coming fortnight if it comes to that.

What I don't understand is how rage are playing Donna Summer from 1989, Sylvester, Pointer Sisters and Marvin Gaye video's during the night???

That could have been a Countdown episode in between!!!

I am recording the whole night just in case you need it Brett!

I will most likely delete most of it, just recording for some of the late 70s segments and Noosha Fox...

I cannot work that out either Jason - doesn't make any sense at all. And I see even the Herald-Sun in Melbourne in their TV guide write-up today are commenting that it is strange how there is absolutely no Countdowns on this week. I think you will see the Rage team working frantically to correct that scenario in the coming fortnight. Thanks also for your kind offer of assistance - if the weather gods frown on me it is nice to know I will not miss out. Januarys weather is very unpredictable here at the best of times. The only worse place to live at this time of year would maybe be Darwin!!

Brett (2)
I cannot work that out either Jason - doesn't make any sense at all. And I see even the Herald-Sun in Melbourne in their TV guide write-up today are commenting that it is strange how there is absolutely no Countdowns on this week. I think you will see the Rage team working frantically to correct that scenario in the coming fortnight. Thanks also for your kind offer of assistance - if the weather gods frown on me it is nice to know I will not miss out. Januarys weather is very unpredictable here at the best of times. The only worse place to live at this time of year would maybe be Darwin!!

Herald-sun have a write up that there is no Countdown?... WOW, that is JUST what we NEED :-)

Jason 'The Moderator'
Brett (2)

Herald-sun have a write up that there is no Countdown?... WOW, that is JUST what we NEED :-)

Yep - Page 86 near the top when previewing Rage which they do every week - mentions that "controversially there are no Countdowns showing tonight". The discussions/petitions here and on Facebook must be being read by people in the know - this can only help the cause for the next 2 weeks I am sure!!

FANTASTIC!> When I get enough petitions I am going to do a Media release and send all the petitions to the ABC. I am going to fight for Countdown this whole year. WATCH OUT ABC!!!

Brett (2)
Thanks Frankster - much appreciated!! One thing that is great in this forum is that despite our differing musical tastes, we do help each other if the need arises. Be assured I would return the complement for anyone who misses Countdowns in the coming fortnight if it comes to that.

No worries! :-) Always glad to help out.

12.41am and looks like it's all running to the individual timings again this year.

It was spot on mate - and great work as always Frankster. What a pleasure it was to sit back and take it all in. By about 3.30am I got weary and went to bed. Luckily I had not nodded off as before I knew it my digital clock was flashing which meant we had one of those endless temporary power losses. So I had to get up and set the DVD recorder back in motion again!!

I lost a good 5 minutes of August 16 1969 if anyone can help me there please!!

Brett, can you give me your email and I will put you in touch with Luke who recorded and kept it all :-)

No worries Jason - bleslie@bigpond.net.au