Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: * COUNTDOWN REPEATS ON THE ABC PETITION HERE *

I agreed with it, let's put it on ABC1 at 6pm or ABC2 at 7pm on Sundays.

You've got my support

Count me in too!!

Count this as my 'signature'.

I made this on facebook ages ago...
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=49531392102

Hey good idea but lets expand this to a lot broader audience.

Lets include Hitscene....Gtk....ETC ETC

THE ABC could play a real mix of retro music

this I support

COME ON ABC YOU HAVE AUDIENCE CRYING OUT FOR A RETRO MIX

I found out that my group is so old that it was archived.. here is the updated one..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/235421796542861/

* COUNTDOWN REPEATS ON THE ABC PETITION HERE *

Please bring back COUNTDOWN!

Yep, count me in, particularly the 1980s episodes.

PLEASE, anyone you know who wants to add their name!

Count me in for a signing!

Please show these reruns before they rot in the ABC vaults

jason you can certainly add my name to the countdown petition

It would be so awesome if ABC would play every COUNTDOWN re-run once a week on the ABC2 channel.

So much good music from the 70's and especially the 80's where played on this show and it's a lot of fun to watch.

COUNTDOWN FOREVER!!

This is part of the childhood of Generation X. We make up much more than 1/12th of the population so why only one month a year targeted to us.

Totally agree with the many posters above. It is a tragic waste of the cultural resources of the ABC's archives not to show the music shows in its collection. Countdown is a massive favourite, as everyone has said, but I would also like to see the old GTK and Hitscene shows, which are a treasure trove of cultural history. I am sure they could be shown on ABC2 or over night on ABC3 without much expense. Otherwise they are effectively lost to history and risk deteriorating or (heaven forbid) being wiped in a repeat of the cost-cutting madness which wiped so many shows in the late 70s and 80s.
Megan aka Rhiannon333

Rhiannon333
Totally agree with the many posters above. It is a tragic waste of the cultural resources of the ABC's archives not to show the music shows in its collection. Countdown is a massive favourite, as everyone has said, but I would also like to see the old GTK and Hitscene shows, which are a treasure trove of cultural history. I am sure they could be shown on ABC2 or over night on ABC3 without much expense. Otherwise they are effectively lost to history and risk deteriorating or (heaven forbid) being wiped in a repeat of the cost-cutting madness which wiped so many shows in the late 70s and 80s.
Megan aka Rhiannon333

I agree.......not just Countdown but everything they have.Please Jason add all these shows to the petition not just Countdown.....perhaps you could rename this Petition to a more broader title on this forum to include GTK,Hitscence and any thing else the ABC have...Its a real shame that Australia's only remaining musical history lies dormant rotting in some dark archive maybe never to see the light of day again.Makes me sad.

You have my support if you make it a fairer more broader petition.....what do you say??Can you rename it?

Scott
Here! Here! Here! I'm with everybody else on this forum. Australias' most popular music show "Countdown" needs to be aired on ABC2 which would be a perfect platform for all us baby boomers and new generation. I would prefer this happen than a revived "Countdown" as I really don't believe you could create the past. The era of 70s and 80s music is gone and a show like this needs to be played so people can remember the brilliant bands & artists both here and abroad. The music that was real music of it's day. Even the young can experience what we all did first time around not to mention Molly's many antics with his interviews etc.

While you are at it why stop at "Countdown" yes let's see regular "Hitscene", "GTK", Classic music specials of the time or Aussie music award shows. "Sweet And Sour" which many want to see back on tv again, "The Meldrum Tapes", "Rock Arena", "Beatbox", "The Factory", "Countdown Revolution" and even "Recovery" for the younger generation if was necessary. I can't see why ABC2 or even a another 24 hour music channel can't be launched so everybody is happy and all these shows are once again played. Why not call it ABC4 Classic Retro or something along those lines. The cost of another channel I would think would have to be minimal as these shows are all classics and nothing new need be produced. We are often inundated with the English & American tv show repeats yet our own homemade tv shows whether music or drama seem to be left gathering dust in the archives. Something has gotta give. I gather it would be fully supported by many on this forum. For starters let's see the original"Countdown" both from the 70s and 80s what there is left of course so everybody can be satisfied.

Cheers!

Great idea Scott....

ABC could also use ABC3 (a kids channel) after 9pm for us grown up kids!

Retro Man, it's a Countdown Petition. That was the whole point, anyone else is welcome to do their own GTK Hitscene petition of course

I am making a doco with it from Countdown fans and I ...

Eventually working in Rock Arena is my aim

Sorry

Jason 'The Moderator'
Retro Man, it's a Countdown Petition. That was the whole point, anyone else is welcome to do their own GTK Hitscene petition of course

Sorry

Jason this is going to be a contradiction statement...I sort of understand what your saying because this site is a Countdown Site predominantly, but I sort of dont understand either because if you made it broader you would get more support.You can see by some that have signed that they also want to include not only Countdown but lots of other stuff as well.

Anyway if you wont change your position on this I sort of understand as I said.

Lets know if you re-consider.I will probably write to the ABC myself to suggest not only Countdown but lots of other programs as well should be included in reruns on any available ABC channel that has spare air time, as this makes sense and would appeal to a larger audience.. If you wont change can I use some of your comments in this petition to show that people want Countdown but also GTK etc??

Regards

Retro

Well,

My main goal is Countdown as I'm a Countdown fan and there are more Countdown fans in general and this is a Countdown Website.

And the ABC aren't going to want to be bombarded with a petition for a whole bunch of shows. Countdown has a big name and big love and Molly is a popular figure.

I doubt my petition will achieve anything but trying is all one can do, maybe if they eventually show Countdown on ABC 2 they can then add more programs like Rock Arena, Beat Box, GTK and Hitscene ... Who can say?!

I can't see ABC 2 playing lot's of music programs though as to fit in all these programs would mean they would end up being a music channel and unfortunately they ain't gonna let that happen

If you want to do your own GTK and HITSCENE petition and want to use names here that also back up GTK and Hitscene then cool, but only the names that mention GTK and Hitscene ...

No worries thanks I will when I get around to it only use the ones that mention other things.

Yeah Like you I think it will most likely amount to nothing but no harm in trying.

Do you have Molly on board supporting your cause?

Regards
Retro

1 2