Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
* COUNTDOWN REPEATS ON THE ABC PETITION HERE *

Please sign your name here for those who stand by repeats of every single Countdown episode that exists in the ABC archives outside of rage to be played on ABC2.

At least one episode a week, there are over 200+ episodes that rage have NOT played that ABC should be playing!

WE LOVE YOU MOLLY!

Re: * COUNTDOWN REPEATS ON THE ABC PETITION HERE *

Please ABC get those hundreds of Countdown eps out of the vaults and let us see them, we wait all year for January for them and now you're playing other stuff instead. If you can't play them on Rage, put them on in the old Countdown timeslot at 6pm Sundays, you could do it on ABC2. Our taxes paid for those eps, and they are a national treasure. Please play them for us (all of them!)

you have my signature!

ABC2 is the perfect channel to show old Countdowns.
Maybe they can play 2 a week. One 70s and One 80s. This needs to happen!

Hugely dissapointed that the ABC are not showing all the old Countdown episodes again this year, please bring them back to our screens, miss them alot!!

Countdown was the most popular music programme in Australian television history. I am adamant many thousands of viewers would appreciate seeing its return to the ABC and broadcast on a regular basis; not only during the Rage Retro month of January, but at least weekly.

Please open those dusty vaults and bring Countdown repeats back for everyone to enjoy!

Yes it's time to open the vaults :) 2012 is supposed to be the end of the world do its now or never xxx thanks in advance Helen

Come on ABC what the hell are you thinking we need Countdown during January it's a institution .....

Countdown was such a marvelous show that had a huge impact on so many Australians, including me! I would love to see repeats of the show played on the ABC again. Please please please!

Bring back Countdown! what is going ABC every January is the tradition to play countdown the show the world never forgets! Do it for Molly

I think it is a great time to do it as Molly gets better... it could be as a tribute to him.

I agree that ABC should be playing countdown

This is long overdue. Time for people power.

Maryanne Heyward

:D

The show appears to have been sadly ignored by programmers who evidently may not realize the importance and significance Countdown was to so many people. I really strongly believe that change is well overdue as far as bringing some attention to the history and development of music as it evolved before our eyes on such a well loved show. It deserves a fair go, and so do the show's fans, for the ABC to consider airing repeats long spent in dusty boxes and forgotten about. Do yourself a favor ABC, you just might discover a noticeable increase in ratings.

ABC must return COUNTDOWN TO REGULAR PROGRAMMING. It is an important part of AUSTRALIAN MUSIC HERITAGE. I have been lucky enough to have worked, touring, with quite a number of the Artists who appeared & loved how the show evolved.

IT SHOULD START FROM THE VERY BEGINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please add me to the petition <3 Peace and love jason <3

Countdown was life changing for this suburban teenager in the 80s - the show opened up for us a world of great music and culture from Australia and overseas! Bring back the episodes for us and for Molly

Countdown is a cultural institution and has been a massive influence on generations of music and music lovers alike.

To not air these shows is depriving fans and new music viewers the chance to look back at the impact host Molly Meldrum and the show had and why it became such an important part of the local and international musical landscape.

Please restore Countdown to its rightful place in history and air the shows on a regular basis so it is given the respect it deserves.

Absolutely! Let's go! :)

Come on Aunty, replay Countdown (one of your highest rating tv shows and longest standing tv shows ever). Give it the respect it deserves :)

Here! Here! Here! I'm with everybody else on this forum. Australias' most popular music show "Countdown" needs to be aired on ABC2 which would be a perfect platform for all us baby boomers and new generation. I would prefer this happen than a revived "Countdown" as I really don't believe you could create the past. The era of 70s and 80s music is gone and a show like this needs to be played so people can remember the brilliant bands & artists both here and abroad. The music that was real music of it's day. Even the young can experience what we all did first time around not to mention Molly's many antics with his interviews etc.

While you are at it why stop at "Countdown" yes let's see regular "Hitscene", "GTK", Classic music specials of the time or Aussie music award shows. "Sweet And Sour" which many want to see back on tv again, "The Meldrum Tapes", "Rock Arena", "Beatbox", "The Factory", "Countdown Revolution" and even "Recovery" for the younger generation if was necessary. I can't see why ABC2 or even a another 24 hour music channel can't be launched so everybody is happy and all these shows are once again played. Why not call it ABC4 Classic Retro or something along those lines. The cost of another channel I would think would have to be minimal as these shows are all classics and nothing new need be produced. We are often inundated with the English & American tv show repeats yet our own homemade tv shows whether music or drama seem to be left gathering dust in the archives. Something has gotta give. I gather it would be fully supported by many on this forum. For starters let's see the original"Countdown" both from the 70s and 80s what there is left of course so everybody can be satisfied.

Cheers!

This needs to happen,i wasn't born when CountDown was on so it will be a THRILL! to watch it

Yes! Yes! Count me in on the petition!

Yes for sure. Like my facebook page "ABC2 should show reruns of Countdown and Rock Arena"

'Do Yourself A Favour' ABC, play Countdown episodes.

Long overdue. We are speaking on behalf of the silent majority and hopefully they'll come onboard too. A music show on the ABC that went for 13 years and broke many bands in this country and only a few years ago, 2 national concerts and a dedicated Countdown website run by the ABC. 2012 marks 25 years that Countdown wrapped up, but it still lives in many of us and what way to mark the anniversary by showing all the episodes this year (or at least making a start) and also do it for the main man - Molly.

Having gone to many a Countdown show I would love to see all the reruns again!!
Many amazing Australian and overseas acts would perform every week and I believe would allow a whole new generation a chance to educate themselves on where their favourite artists of today got their inspiration from!! It would also bring a fantastic opportunity for those of us who had lived those years to take a stroll down memory lane. Bring back Molly and Gavin and lets grab some tinsel and wave it in the air!!!

It's music history at its best and the great thing is we go out and purchase/track down the artists/groups featured music from Countdown on CD. We definitely make a significant contribution to the recorded music industry. Record companies should also get behind this petition too.

There is nothing else close to it airing at all nowdays. So many great performances, laughs & memories. Why wouldn't you air this????

Yes indeedy! We need to see Countdown episodes each and every week!! There's no better time than NOW to bring out all unseen and rarely viewed Countdown shows. Let's embrace Australia's love of Countdown and eighties music.

Why is it that when we turn the tv on there are always shows from our childhood repeated over and over again but no Countdown. That was a huge part of our lives!! We want more!

That's true Theresa! It's impossible to get away from certain repulsive repeats. Mash may have been enjoyable the first two thousand times however, now is the time to put the brakes on and allow other more appealing shows precious air-time. Countdown being the desired flavour of the decade, deserves respect! This is the repeats we want!! Countdown!!
Theresa btw, *redacted adjective =
*Sue of wands.
See you on Facebook ;-)

Consider this my signature. Countdown should be played every week, not just the odd show in January (when they can be bothered).

Merissa Randall
Consider this my signature. Countdown should be played every week, not just the odd show in January (when they can be bothered).

How right you are Miss 1980's.

The ABC must has been insane when they wiped off a majority of the 1970's Countdown episodes during the late 70's and early 80's in spite of saving money on tapes and storage room.

Guys, you can certainly count me in.

Come on ABC, Countdown and Molly rock, get it back on the airwaves ASAP

I want it on ABC2 also.

Do it ABC

For sure....count me in as well.
Would love to see Countdown repeats on ABC2, especially the early 80s eps.

Count me in for more Countdown, and my wife, my son and even my cat want's more Countdown... how do I know that my cat wants more Countdown, because she told me so! (or maybe that was more food?!)

Have been a Countdown tragic for a while now.... since mid 80's lol! Fantastic watching the RETRO on ABC, wish there was more of it. They should program more RAGE during the week with at least two eps from Countdown... that would be FANTASTIC!

Please abc spare an hour a day or a week for an episode of Countdown - that is not much out of your time slots. Face it you know people are going to watch. We are here and waiting.

Karen Freedman

(Countdown Regular...)

You MUST MUST MUST put Countdown on this year!! Alot of people wait all year for this and are let down so badly!! With Molly in hospital, I could not even think of a more important time to have it on!! Please make it return.

memories of countdown live forever.....

Countdown all year long?
Bring it on

I wait all year to see Rage goes retro & to find out you're not showing Countdown is heartbreaking!!
So please "do yourselves a favour" & put some unseen episodes of Countdown to air.

signed ... Julien Lodge

We've waited all year for Countdown repeats. Please continue the Summer tradition but it would be ace if you could re-run episodes for at least 3 months instead of just January.

The response would be massive....and well worth it!

An absolute MUST! Countdown was an institution and did so much for the local music industry.....Something which pokies could never do! Twelve months is too long to wait for our dose of Countdown repeats on "Rage Goes Retro". What greater tribute could we give Molly?!

for sure!

January = Countdown episodes on Rage. End of Story!

1 2