Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help with 2 Countdown eps from March 1980 ***PLEASE***

Hi all.

A quick question for someone who has been far more vigilent with Countdown repeats on rage than I have.

Has rage repeated ep 229 - 02MAR80 and ep 232 - 23MAR80 ? (info gratefully found at Troy's excellent reference site).

If so, I am desperate for best possible quality copies of these 2 eps. If they have been repeated since the advent of the DVD recorder as opposed to vhs, I would be extremely grateful for copies of these 2 eps. I don't expect this to be done for free and will pay someone who can provide this favour a reasonable fee for your time and trouble.

If they were broadcast pre-dvd recorder, high quality vhs transfer will also be highly appreciated as a second option.

Kind thanks in advance...

Re: Help with 2 Countdown eps from March 1980 ***PLEASE***

Hi Luke
March 2 1980 hosted by Judie Tzuke has not been shown yet although I had suggested it in the past.

March 23 1980 hosted by Robin Scott aka M has been shown in 1995 and 2003. I have a VHS copy of this.

Hope that helps

Enormous help...thank you Guru.

I'm going to go over to rage and request the Judie Tzuke episode right now...although I'm guessing it's probably too late for this year.

I have your email address...will send you an email shortly.

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

Cheers,
Luke

Luke
In July I had posted on the Rage forum the results of the poll I had conducted here for the Countdowns we, collectively, would most like to see.

For 1980 the result was:

11 votes Aug 3 (Dugites)
5 votes March 2 (Judie Tzuke)
4 votes Aug 17 (radio DJ's)
3 votes Sept 28 (individual bands)
2 votes June 8 (Darryl Cotton)
1 vote Oct 12, March 9 and Sept 7

The Judie Tzuke episode was the second most popular choice for that year.

We will have to wait and see what they dig out this year but I imagine that it may be a little late to put up suggestions but it can't hurt.