Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2 Countdown's I NEED! PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi all,

If any of you on here can help me out with 2 Ep's I need in FULL show and DECENT picture quality copies I need could I please buy them from any of you guys?...

(Played on rage in January, 1999) My copy is CRAP!

Year:1982
Date:02/05/1982
Show no:326
Summary:GUEST PRESENTER IS JOHN SWAN FROM SWANEE AND MOLLY INTERVIEWS GRACE JONES AND THE CHURCH.
LIVE STUDIO ITEMS:
SUNNYBOYS 'YOU NEED A FRIEND'
GRACE JONES 'WALKING IN THE RAIN'
CHURCH 'WHEN YOU WERE MINE'
SWANEE 'TEMPORARY HEARTACHE'
BACK STREET BOYS 'YOU WANNA BE LOVED'
LOCAL CHARTBUSTERS:
JO KENNEDY 'BODY AND SOUL'
IGNATIOUS JONES 'LIKE A GHOST'

AND

(Played on rage in 1994 and 1998 from memory. My 1994 copy is in great condition but I ridiculously edited some stuff out of it at the time, ARGH! The one played in 1998 I have in full but the picture isn't as good. Can anyone help with this one??????)

Year:1984
Date:8/7/1984
Show no:424
Summary:THIS SHOW IS HOSTED BY MOLLY AND CULTURE CLUB. BOY GEORGE IS IV RE ATMOSPHERE OF AUSTRALIAN CITIES AND MARILYN. FTG IS PRESENTED OF CULTURE CLUB ARRIVING AT ADELAIDE AIRPORT AND SINGING TO AUDIENCE 'KARMA CHAMELEON'. MOLLY WEARS LONG HAIRED WIG UNDER HIS HAT DURING IV.;LIVE STUDIO PERFORMANCES:; CULTURE CLUB 'IT'S A MIRACLE', 'WHITE BOY', 'MISS ME BLIND' (ENDS SHOW);

Re: 2 Countdown's I NEED! PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi Jason, I can help you out with the 2/5/82 episode, but not the 8/7/84 episode as I accidentally recorded about 5 seconds of commercial TV over it. So, I'll leave it for now and see if someone can help you out with both. The '82 episode is one of my faves as I love the studio performance of 'Temporary Heartache' and how John stuffs up his miming of the song for a second there, Ignatius with the talcum powder in his hair - ooh very ghostly! and that period of '82 has fantastic songs. Oh yeah, and the '82 episode is in the best picture quality you'll get from a video tape.

YES<

I love the Temporary heartache performance as well;m when he F U C K S on the beginning of the 2nd performance!

Cool, will have to get someone else to help me on the Culture Club ep!

Michael
Hi Jason, I can help you out with the 2/5/82 episode, but not the 8/7/84 episode as I accidentally recorded about 5 seconds of commercial TV over it. So, I'll leave it for now and see if someone can help you out with both. The '82 episode is one of my faves as I love the studio performance of 'Temporary Heartache' and how John stuffs up his miming of the song for a second there, Ignatius with the talcum powder in his hair - ooh very ghostly! and that period of '82 has fantastic songs. Oh yeah, and the '82 episode is in the best picture quality you'll get from a video tape.

Michael, can u please email me?

romoelectric@hotmail.com

Hey Jason :-)

I can help on the 8/7/84 episode - it was recorded on a mono VCR though so mono audio, but not in long play so it's actually not a bad copy overall.

Get in touch :-)

Hey Frankster,

I wouldn't mind taking a copy as mine in 1994 was also recorded in mono (LOL).... Ahhhh dear...

Could you please email me on:

romoelectric@hotmail.com if you may :-)

Certainly! :-) Comin' right up...