Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
whatever happened to ?

I was wondering if anyone knows whatever happened to carol hitchcock of get ready fame.

Re: whatever happened to ?

adam,

Apparently she owns a retail clothing shop or something along those lines in Brisbane :-)

Around 2002, someone on a pop forum I used to frequent said she was a single mother living in Perth. But that was then.

It's quite funny actually to think that she was the first Australian artist to work with Stock/Aitken/Waterman - even before Kylie.

What song did she do with SAW?

Michael,

'Get Ready' was produced by Stock Aitken Waterman :-)

And yes, very cool INDEED that Carol was THE 1st OZ artist to work with S/A/W and MUCH better than Kylie's first effort with 'I Should be So lucky' which I LOATHE!

She covered Mel & Kim's 'More Than Words Can Say' as the b-side of 'Get Ready', too. Funny though that she only released one single. It was a #18 hit in Oz... but still, no follow-up.

Jason 'The Moderator'
Michael,

'Get Ready' was produced by Stock Aitken Waterman :-)

And yes, very cool INDEED that Carol was THE 1st OZ artist to work with S/A/W and MUCH better than Kylie's first effort with 'I Should be So lucky' which I LOATHE!

I HAD NO IDEA! Geez and I was reading Smash Hits back then too!