Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wham-The Final CD/DVD

Just letting you know that I found this in the local JB HI FI store today.

Disc: 1
1. Wham Rap! (Enjoy What You Do?)
2. Young Guns (Go For It!)
3. Bad Boys
4. Club Tropicana
5. Wake Me Up Before You Go Go
6. Careless Whisper
7. Freedom
8. Last Christmas (Pudding Mix)
9. Everything She Wants (Remix)
10. I'm Your Man
11. A Different Corner
12. Battlestations
13. Where Did Your Heart Go?
14. The Edge Of Heaven

Disc: 2-DVD Promo clips
1. Wham Rap! (Enjoy What You Do?)
2. Young Guns (Go For It!)
3. Bad Boys
4. Club Tropicana
5. Wake Me Up Before You Go Go
6. Careless Whisper
7. Freedom
8. Last Christmas (Pudding Mix)
9. Everything She Wants (Remix)
10. Im Your Man
11. A Different Corner
12. Where Did Your Heart Go?
13. The Edge Of Heaven

Re: Wham-The Final CD/DVD

Bugger! I bought 'The Final' CD only last year. Tracked it down online at JB. Should have held off til this one. I love CD packages that now include a DVD with the videos. A shame Cold Chisel didn't do it with their new best of. (but they have released a new stand alone 'best of' DVD).

I saw this online last week, I am SO excited by the DVD! YAY, Bad Boys and Young Guns on DVD. Only thing that I am P I S S E D about is that 'Blue' is not on the cd. As Blue was my FAVOURITE when I got The Final on cassette in 1986. Never on the vinyl though, so wrong!

Michael, Cold Chisel released a best of CD/DVD a few years back. The CD called Chisel and the DVD called Vision. Choirgirl is not on the DVD which is a bit disappointing.

Thanks Jase - I have the double CD 'Chisel' released in 2001, but no DVD with it. I bought the DVD 'Vision' a few years back.

Jason, was 'Blue' a new song for 'The Final' or was it off one of their previous albums? Was it a single and was there a video?

Blue was originally the B Side to Club Tropicana in Japan. I first heard Blue in 1986 when I bought The Final cassette which I literally listened to nearly every day in 1986! BLUE was and will always be my FAVOURITE Wham! track.

Later on in the 90s when I saw the vinyl copy I was utterly PUZZLED on why Blue wasn't on the vinyl copy on no cd.

Thank gooodness I got the cassette instead or else I
would have never known about Blue!

Such a PITY it isn't included on the new edition of The Final. I am going to JB 2mor to get the cd/dvd as the dvd is complete HEAVEN on a stick!

I guess that was the 80's - you always got bonus songs when you bought the cassette. Just like the 80's compilations. '87 Right On Track comes to mind.

So, the question is 'Do I sell my copy of 'The Final' to a second hand CD shop and get this CD/DVD? I think so. Geez, the times I have gotten rid of CD's, for later released deluxe editions.

Also, I think it's time that albums now came with a DVD of videos from that album to increase sales.

BTW - James Reyne sung a song about 'Heaven On A Stick' off his first solo album, should have been released as a single!

I agree, I think that all albums should come with dvd's now.

The fact that the Essential series don't come with dvd's is SO wrong, it's sheer laziness with record companies!

The Essential WA WA NEE so could have easily had a dvd with it but NO, it's terrible!

Jason 'The Moderator'
I agree, I think that all albums should come with dvd's now.

The fact that the Essential series don't come with dvd's is SO wrong, it's sheer laziness with record companies!

The Essential WA WA NEE so could have easily had a dvd with it but NO, it's terrible!

The only Essential compilation that came with a DVD was the Men At Work one. I was hoping the others would be the same. But no.

Michael
I guess that was the 80's - you always got bonus songs when you bought the cassette. Just like the 80's compilations. '87 Right On Track comes to mind.

So, the question is 'Do I sell my copy of 'The Final' to a second hand CD shop and get this CD/DVD? I think so. Geez, the times I have gotten rid of CD's, for later released deluxe editions.

Also, I think it's time that albums now came with a DVD of videos from that album to increase sales.

BTW - James Reyne sung a song about 'Heaven On A Stick' off his first solo album, should have been released as a single!

Hi Michael, 'Heaven On A Stick' was released as a single. I bought it for it's B-Side 'Submariners'. But I don't remember a music clip for it.

http://www.jamesreyne.com.au/discography.php#

As posted above, 'Heaven On a Stick' was indeed a single, and it charted at #59 on the singles chart. Quite surprising really considering it seemed to be flogged to death on Fox FM in Vic at the time.

It was too! I just checked it out. And this is coming from a huge fan of James and Australian Crawl. I always thought that 'Motor's Too Fast' was the follow up to 'Rip It Up'. I was aware of it being on his 'Best Of' back in '92, but never thought it was released as a single - thought it was just a filler on the 'Best Of'.

I hate those 'Essential' albums and refuse to buy them. To me they look cheap with the black and white covers and look very generic and they look like they belong in the discount bins.