Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Aria Hall of Fame Awards

Does anyone know if/when the 2011 Aria Hall of Fame Awards is happening? I see on the Aria website, they still have info on the 2010 awards. Maybe, they've given it a break this year, since they have been inducting 5 or 6 acts every year since 2005. BTW - I was checking out the Hall of Fame list of inductees and I can't believe Air Supply haven't been inducted. I'm not a fan of Air Supply, but they were only a handful of Oz bands that cracked the US and didn't they win the outstanding achievement award at the 1981 Countdown Awards? or was that Cold Chisel?

Re: Aria Hall of Fame Awards

Chisel beat Air Supply for that gong-much to Molly's dismay

Now I know why there is no 2011 Aria Hall of Fame Awards. It's because Kylie is being inducted in on this Sunday's Aria Awards. She can't share the spotlight with any other deserved act and I agree, it's going to be all about her this Sunday night - to Michael and Molly's joy!

BTW - is the Aria Hall of Fame Awards like the US, where an artist has to have been in the industry for at least 25 years?

The Wiggles are being inducted too.I think its 20 years for eligibility into the ARIA Hall Of Fame.The Sports,Christie Allen and The Sunnyboys have to wait their turn yet again.

The fact that Pseudo Echo haven't been inducted is just plain WRONG in my opinion!