Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
There's no love inside the Icehouse

Whilst driving home this afternoon I'm positive I heard on the radio that Icehouse is touring.
I can't find anything on ticketek.
Can anyone shed some light as to whether I heard correctly, or was I merely 'she bopping'?

Re: There's no love inside the Icehouse

Hi Miss Redacted!
The only show Icehouse have lined up at the moment's on Saturday Oct 1 at the Deniliquin Ute Muster & Play On The Plains Festival.
Hope you've picked up the new edition of Icehouse like a lot of people have done since it came out last month.

Iva is doing the WHOLE Flowers album at a festival in Sydney in November!!!

Icehouse will be releasing a 3 disc set on 26th August, titled 'White Heat:30 Hits' with 2 audio CD's of all their releases over the years and 1 DVD of 32 clips. More info. can be found in the following link:

http://www.spellbound-icehouse.org/mediareleaseicehousewhiteheat.pdf

Yes,

I was SO excited to see this DVD FINALLY happen!

And even 'Glam' is included!... I adore that the 'Icehouse' performance on Countdown is the cover art work for this package. It's all happeing in Flowers and Icehouse land this year! :-) *

Michael
Icehouse will be releasing a 3 disc set on 26th August, titled 'White Heat:30 Hits' with 2 audio CD's of all their releases over the years and 1 DVD of 32 clips. More info. can be found in the following link:

http://www.spellbound-icehouse.org/mediareleaseicehousewhiteheat.pdf

Great stuff indeed.

Can't wait to see it.

I can't wait for the DVD too... I just hope it's PAL and not awful NTSC.

Fairly certain it will be PAL, and also if anyone wants to grab an autographed by Iva Davies copy, jump onto JB Hi Fi website, free postage and only $24.99 (pre-order).

Matt73
Fairly certain it will be PAL, and also if anyone wants to grab an autographed by Iva Davies copy, jump onto JB Hi Fi website, free postage and only $24.99 (pre-order).

I did the pre order signed copy :-)

My major concern is this... On the Flowers re-issue, the DVD was done terribly with the content being in a box with a black border. When I watch mine I have to change the TV settings to 4.3 FULL. I REALLY hope that Iva doesn't make the same mistake this time!... I want the video's to be in full 4.3 as soon as the disc is in without having to change settings and have it looking odd!!!

^ Jason, if you've got a HDD/DVD Recorder and an additional DVD player, you could connect the DVD player's audio/video-out leads into the HDD/DVD Recorder audio/video-in sockets, then play the DVD in the DVD player. This will run the picture through the HDD/DVD Recorder before it connects up with your TV, and this should result in a regular 4:3 fullscreen picture without needing to change the settings. A bit complicated, perhaps, but it's another way you can do it.

Nathan,
Does this trick work for just a DVD Recorder without a HDD?

Glad to hear White Heat's doing big business on the charts-
No.5 on the Album Chart
No.2 on the Australian Album Chart

Yes, well I hope the record companies have been keeping a close eye on the chart performances of the two (Icehouse and White Heat) CD/DVD packages that Iva has released this year. Hopefully, this should set a trend when they release 80's artists/material on CD in future. 'Best Of's','Essentials','Remastered albums' and/or Anniversary editions should now come with a DVD of all the video clips/live performances and TV performances.

This is actually Icehouse's first album chart top 10 placing since 'Code Blue' in 1990.

They may not have played Sister,but Icehouse still kicked supreme butt at the Belmont 16 Footers last night.Scored me a setlist(among other souvenirs)and it went like this-
Icehouse
We Can Get Together
Crazy
Electric Blue
Hey Little Girl
Cross The Border
Man Of Colours
Miss Divine
Don't Believe Anymore
Love In Motion
Great Southern Land
Walls